 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

I successfully installed ALC889 & TM & GFX string, all is working thanks to eclau, but... I think my system it's a bit slow than before... what do you think?... I know that ppl who have installed TM fix has a increase of speed

I don't think the EFI string fix is only for XFX. I heard often all manufactures do is to slap on their own heatsink and branding. So the string should work for other 7600GT. What sort of issues are you having?

Yes. It works with my Gainward 7600GT.

Hi, All

Have you read your ioreg_sp.txt (About This Mac ---> More info... ---> Software ---> Logs)?

There isn’t the word “HPET” on mine. But I see the “HPET” on somebody’s. The Shutdown not normal is relevant to that, I think.

post-92376-1200368451_thumb.jpg

Slightly OT, but forgive me:

@ karaakeha1

I plan to do exactly the same clocking with a Q6600 as you did (8x400). Can you please tell me which CPU cooler you are using? I hope it can be done not too loud...

Thanx a lot! Also for the guide!

Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme :Best CPU cooler

with two Scythe S-FLEX SFF21D 120mm Case Fan 120mm One on each Side ( This is the quietest Fan I ever Used ) Only Sound I can hear is my Hard Drive

vcore 1.32v ultra Stable and temp 30C Ideal and 45 C 100% load

Karaakeha1,

You mentioned that built-in network cannot browse network computers. Are you sure about that? I just bought Trendnet -PCTXR (same card you have) just for the fun of it (only $9 at local store) and compared it to the built-in network. There's no difference. I am able to share files with all 3 macs in the house via File Sharing. I see the computers on the 'Shared' section of the finder. I can also connect to my two network printer at home. Let me know if your networking need is different than what I have. I would like to find out.

Ted

Karaakeha1,

You mentioned that built-in network cannot browse network computers. Are you sure about that? I just bought Trendnet -PCTXR (same card you have) just for the fun of it (only $9 at local store) and compared it to the built-in network. There's no difference. I am able to share files with all 3 macs in the house via File Sharing. I see the computers on the 'Shared' section of the finder. I can also connect to my two network printer at home. Let me know if your networking need is different than what I have. I would like to find out.

Ted

With Built in LAN I cannot see airport extreme over airport utility & same goes for USB Hard Drive connected to Airport extreme . with Vanilla Drivers , though I can use Windows PC over file sharing

Mine in Buillt Lan IS (8168)

I dont know If your in built is same or Different . But Leopard Has Kext for 8169 which is my Trennet card.

Hi,

I bought MacMini as second computer, so browsing local network became important for me. I installed R1000 driver v1.04 which supports network browsing on my ga-p35-ds4 h&ckint0sh, set the IP configuration statically (no DHCP) and network is still perfect after wake from sleep!!!

I will try efi string for audio later this week. Does 5.1 sound and digital out work with efi string?

thank you for your help

As far as my machine goes, 5.1 does not work. I have removed ALCinject and am using gfx-stings in com.apple.Boot.plist. I haven't tried digital out yet. My front panel does not work either.

I had some trouble getting my built-in Realtech network recognize Bonjour printers. So I went out and bought a trendnet ethernet adaptor for $9. I use that for Mac (see all the network devices) and use the built-in adaptor strictly for Windows on another HD. This way, I don't have to enable Lan Boot Rom in the BIOS.

Let us know how your setup works out for you.

As far as my machine goes, 5.1 does not work. I have removed ALCinject and am using gfx-stings in com.apple.Boot.plist. I haven't tried digital out yet. My front panel does not work either.

I had some trouble getting my built-in Realtech network recognize Bonjour printers. So I went out and bought a trendnet ethernet adaptor for $9. I use that for Mac (see all the network devices) and use the built-in adaptor strictly for Windows on another HD. This way, I don't have to enable Lan Boot Rom in the BIOS.

Let us know how your setup works out for you.

I just Checked My Front Panel Sound Out Perfectly works :P . Since I have Mac Pro Case so its Sound out only.And this is with EFI string (no ALCinject)

Of-course after selecting Headphones in Sound out.

see pic

I am positive Built in LAN with Vanilla Drivers works BUT not perfectly (like Bonjour ,Airport Utility Problems)But If ASUS WiFi is used along with LAN then everything okay

post-76244-1200572180_thumb.png

...Built in LAN with Vanilla Drivers works BUT not perfectly (like Bonjour ,Airport Utility Problems) But If ASUS WiFi is used along with LAN then everything okay

With RealtekR1000.kext LAN works perfectly (including bonjour), static IP configuration (not DHCP) is required to avoid dead LAN after wake from sleep.

With RealtekR1000.kext LAN works perfectly (including bonjour), static IP configuration (not DHCP) is required to avoid dead LAN after wake from sleep.

That's Good , But it means with Vanilla drivers IN Built LAN , Its not perfect.

On the other hand ASUS WiFi and Any RLT8169 PCI card works 100% perfect with Vanilla Drivers

Cheers :P

I just Checked My Front Panel Sound Out Perfectly works :) . Since I have Mac Pro Case so its Sound out only.And this is with EFI string (no ALCinject)

Of-course after selecting Headphones in Sound out.

see pic

I am positive Built in LAN with Vanilla Drivers works BUT not perfectly (like Bonjour ,Airport Utility Problems)But If ASUS WiFi is used along with LAN then everything okay

You are awesome, man. All this time, I did not know that I had to change the output source to headphone in the System Preferences. My front is working perfect now. :P

I also fixed the About This Mac by simply editing AboutThisMac.strings in the loginwinodw.app. Somehow, AppleSMBIOS.kext does not poll the correct CPU data from my hackintosh.

Thanks for all the help.

Ted

You are awesome, man. All this time, I did not know that I had to change the output source to headphone in the System Preferences. My front is working perfect now. :P

I also fixed the About This Mac by simply editing AboutThisMac.strings in the loginwinodw.app. Somehow, AppleSMBIOS.kext does not poll the correct CPU data from my hackintosh.

Thanks for all the help.

Ted

You are welcome B) For this Insalely mac ! People are wonderful, They helped a lot each other .I want to thanks ,eclau , I am me, Aliab, Is8 ,Netkas and Many others at his form, Last but not least you too, because you responded back with confirmed finding. I remember when I started last month Early december, Even simple things helped a lot. Which sometime we take for granted.

:)

Hi,

I was wondering what's the difference between P35DS4 Rev 2.0, P35DS4 Rev 2.1 and EP35DS4 Rev 2.1?

I have compare them from the chart online and can't see anything different except for price, energy definitioncy and number of USB ports?

Can anyone point of the difference and most importantly will they probably works with leopard?

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering what's the difference between P35DS4 Rev 2.0, P35DS4 Rev 2.1 and EP35DS4 Rev 2.1?

I have compare them from the chart online and can't see anything different except for price, energy definitioncy and number of USB ports?

Can anyone point of the difference and most importantly will they probably works with leopard?

Thanks

Get the Gigabyte Board. Get 4 GB RAM.

It will work well with Leopard, besides problem with some glitches with the 8600 card and shutdown/restart problems, but i am shure this will be solved in the near future.

Sorry if i didn't properly stated my question.

What I mean is

P35DS4 Rev 2.0

http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherbo...?ProductID=2624

P35DS4 Rev 2.1

http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherbo...?ProductID=2745

EP35DS4 Rev 2.1

http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherbo...?ProductID=2744

Which is better?

how do i go about installing kext's PROPERLY? i got the orange hard drive icons like the topic starter did so i tried to install his kext to make it work right but i failed so i put the old ones back in (that previously worked) and the install of leopard would still not boot.