 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Acer Extensa 5220

Hi guys! 

I am a little stuck and would like some further explanation if someone doesn't mind helping me out.

I followed this simple guide to install retail Leopard here.

I have Retail Leopard Installed, and I am sitting in Kaly, ready to install kext, cause when I boot Retail Leopard doesn't recognise my keyboard.

I have downloaded correct kexts, I just don't know how to install them properly to make them work.

I tried copying packages from kaly DVD and installing them into new partition with retail leo, didn't work I had to reinstall.

I tried following another guide on installing kexts and repairing permissions but I found it to be very user-unfriendly for newbies at this thing, I didn't understand the lingo used. 

This is the part I am up to in the whole installing retail leopard process: (Leo 10.5.6)

Now to remove incompatible kext or install requird one

Put kext file in the user folder(users/currentuser(yourusername)/

Open post patch change (destination=Name of Drive where retail leopard is installed)

Open terminal and drag drop post patch

this included Sound file is for GA P35 DS4 or similar Gigabyte motherboard & GFX EFI string for nvidia 7600 GT Card

Make sure in Post patch sh file you replace with drive name(Leopard) with yours Drive name

Boot with new Drive and enjoy Good luck with your built

Thank you in advance

REcruit_

Hi All,

i install ipc X86 10.5.6 in HP G70 t-200 CTO laptop its working fine, but some drivers are not unable to install.

my problem is Ethernet ,wireless ,sound are not working.And also using touchpad i can move the curser point but unable to click or unable to select the folder.

Below are the configuration for my HP laptop:

Processor : Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0GHz)

Ethernet LAN : Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC

Wireless : Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g Adapter

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...13&sw_lang=Touchpad : Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad

Audio : Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 Driver

Graphics :Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD - For Core 2 Duo Processors

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset

RAM :3GB DDR2 System Memory

Hard Disk :250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

17.0" diagonal WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)

- SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

- Microphone + Webcam

- Wireless-G Card with Bluetooth

Can anyone help me by seeing the above configuration which drivers(.kext) need to install for my HP laptop

Thankx,

kiran.

Hi, i have tried every guide on google and on this site, and i have no luck still. with leopard i can get to the grey apple screen, then in the middle of the top part of the apple a circle with a line through it appears and it goes no further. running -v at darwin tells me it cannot find the "com.apple.boot.s/library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist" not found error. i havent even installed the OS yet. im literally ripping my hair out trying to figure this out. what am i doing wrong? im using the iATKOS installation.

my system specs r as follows

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 2.8GHz

2GB ram

500GB SATA hard drive

120GB IDE hard drive

am i doing something wrong here???? sorry for posting in the wrong thread if i am, but its late and my eyes hurt from staring at the computer screen all day. thanks everybody i ever meet any of you in person i swear i will buy ya'll a round of beers