Porting team

cloud4058

55 posts in this topic

Well we could distribute just the files without the game itself and if some one could create a base installer for putting there own serials in and game files (just the c drive one) then the big companies won't kill us because we helping them. the games them self aren't hard to port nearly all direct 9 games are portable using cider 1940?

Well if everone who wants to be in the team then pm me then in a few days i will post everone who did then people just request what they want to be ported then i will contact some one in the team and ask them to do it okay?

Cider Porting team so far:

Korich

zackatk

lastowl

SHADO5

PM me to join in bit we'll start taking requests to port

Also note we could do with a few more experinced people if possible and don't worry it won't be a demanding job so it shouldn't take too much of your spare time

Also you need to pm me not leaving a post because with pm is clear 'i want to join' so i don't add people by mistake

I can make one request... heheh a tutorial to make Cider 2060 work... because it seem to have lot more variables to "adapt" for each game... would be nice to have a little pdf of explanation to make our tries for the people who doesn't know to program..

well thanks

good idea.....i use all os.....linux, mac and windows......for working and playing game.......if you nedd help contact me (skype or hotmail contact there are in my profile...)......but there is only problem.....i'm not english, but I write, quite well, in English......

Thanks,

Cristian P. (cri900)

• 2 weeks later...

First off I think this is a GREAT idea! :)

I just started reading up on this and have to say it's well worth the try. I would like to join (and will pm you when I feel like I can really contribute), but I had a couple ideas that I thought might help....

It seems everyone here is really interested in joining and you have a strong set of people who want to help but are at different levels. Therefore, how about this...

If people have no experience point them to a great tutorial and a game already ported that they can do themselves to see how it works. I always find that even if these people lack a lot of knowledge, it would be great for them to work on quick ports and it would help streamline some of the smaller tasks and debugg. This leads me to DX9 games and older cider wraps that work well. For people that have decent knowledge, put them on those older games which will require less debugg and possibly quicker turn arounds. Then people who really know their stuff have them work on the higher level stuff (current games). I for one see a HUGE potential in older games before the newer stuff due to the options im starting to see in newer builds of Cider.

I personally just started looking through 2097 Wrap (US) from COH. I'm overall impressed with the new additions but feel its a little strong for older games and new recruits. Do you guys plan on working with that as well?

Anyways, I plan on reading some tutorials first and go from there. Good luck for now :D

Well thanks everyone for the support i will soon write a pdf or post showing everything you can edit but I'm doing some exams at the moment so after the 19th i will start it. And for porting i have ported all the things people have said they got working with better success usually like dawn of war soulstorm with a 5gb mod i wrote for the game with full success which people said it hadn't work well (Soulstorm + Any mod).

So to summarize:

*A Guide is coming showing how to get working Games with full online play

*A Few games with the cider files already made

Regards all

Edit:

Well I was bored so i wrote a basic guide showing what you need to basically and this may not work for many games it should work though. But it was done quickly with screen shots so just ask and I'll update it further and mistake please do say as well. Due to formatting PDF are currently F***** but iworks format and word format are both used in archive.

Please say problem posting and i'll try to fix it and add it to future guides

Archive.zip

• 1 month later...
You are want create Game Porting Team?

if YES than I create site - http://dev.ibrain.com.ua/ where I put game porting tools

and post game links on torrent

and use this sub-forum for talk

any ideas?

plz, tell me to PM or ICQ 3660788

well very good ideas from you and i intend on using them and do you want to join the team

To explain my lack of work to all

I was going to add a site at some point but as soon as i formed the team i suddenly have been extremely busy, for that I'm sorry also when i went into cider in detail the current version i have is quite limited in which games will work for example any game using bink32.ddl wont work yet, also there is few people which can do it to an advanced level i released a guide for a more basic way which your tool now replaces. but when cider is next majorly updated i will make sure a lot of games come out quite quickly along with the rest of the porting team. Expect this to happen at RA3 cider release.

Regards lastowl

• 2 weeks later...