[UPDATED] Best Post-Patch... EFI vX, Fdisk, Boot Sector, Vanilla + hacked Kernel + Kexts and Boot.plist edits

sortadan

96 posts in this topic

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

With a small adaption to suit me, this is the BEST system patching so far!!!!! on my Dell Dimension 9200(XPS410), I made my HDD GUID, EFI and only patched the your patch. EVERYTHING WORKS!! I loaded my wireless WORKED, I loaded my Audio Sigmatel 9227 WORKED! I lost powerdown & sleep, an AppleHDA problem but NOTHING else needed to be patched!!

SticMAN

EDITED: I might have stumbled onto something....... I was watching the shutdown, where everything shuts down but the power doesnt go off!? Well i saw my wireless usb link light was still on so i ripped it out of the USB port and VIOLA, my PC shut down completely! I've since then tried 5 times removing the USB wireless before shutting down and the system shuts down!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

I'm new to this forum and Mac in general. I installed the TOH 10.5 dvd and ran the post install script as explained above and it works beautifully on my IBM Dual Core X60 laptop. Everything works except my sound and built in wireless adapter. Could someone explain to me what I must do to config this or do I need to go out and get a certain external wireless adapter card to work with Leopard on my X60?

Thanks in advance for all of your expert responses, I see that there seems to be very knowledgeable people here. :(

This patch worked perfectly for my kalyway 10.5.1. I didn't replace kernels or extensions (since kalyway's done that already), but let it bootable-it, efi-it and bless-it. :) ... Works fine now for the first time. I'm very glad.

try Taruga HDA patcher for audio support

if you have intel 3945 wireless card, it is not supported in OS X

LS8, thanks for this info because I would have searched tirelessly for a solution. Is there a compatible external wi-fi card that I can use in my X60 that will work? Dag man, this sux that I cant use the built in adapter ;)

try Taruga HDA patcher for audio support

if you have intel 3945 wireless card, it is not supported in OS X

I just remembered that I have a usb Motorola wireless adapter (WU830G) and I'm wondering if it's supported by this TOH 10.5 kernel :(

I hate to be this green in anything, but I'm just not used to configuring things in Linux(OS X for the purist) just yet. ;)

This patch worked perfectly for my kalyway 10.5.1. I didn't replace kernels or extensions (since kalyway's done that already), but let it bootable-it, efi-it and bless-it. :) ... Works fine now for the first time. I'm very glad.

This patch works. I had a blinking cursor and this solved the problem.

So first post on here.

But I'm using ToH Install DVD, and I was able to execute the entire script install through terminal, said yes to everything.

Running on a Dell e1405, inspiron, Core 2 DUO, 2 GB Ram.

Using -v, -x, -s with the bootloader, only awkward things I come across is the Root device being mounted read only, and then lists if I want to make modification to files ( /sbin/fsck -fy) and (/sbin/mount -uw \)

Or if I want to boot the system to just type exit.

Problem is, when I boot the system I get that display problem some have been saying, and then the drive seems to just keep rebooting itself.

After I say to boot I see several things failing to match families, or something along those lines.

I tried going back through the leopard DVD and entering terminal to try and repatch to see if maybe that could be the case, but I can't even access the leopard installation now, any tips?

One last quick question: do any of the BIOS settings have any bearing on how the computer may run? Or does the EFI basically overlap the settings anyway?

A Little Edit for some more clarification:

I'm running Leopard from a disk with no windows partitions on it what so ever, and have reformatted it and etc. for Journaled

Another little edit:

I've seen some good things about the Kalyway Leopard Boot install, should I just pick this up instead and hope for the best? Problem is, I'd have to find a computer with a DVD burner, or just install a version of XP on the computer I plan to use for a hackintosh, download a couple things and pick up the Kalyway version. Any ideas on what would possibly be easier? Fixing the ToH version, or attempting to start from scratch with Kalyway?

So first post on here.

But I'm using ToH Install DVD, and I was able to execute the entire script install through terminal, said yes to everything.

Running on a Dell e1405, inspiron, Core 2 DUO, 2 GB Ram.

Using -v, -x, -s with the bootloader, only awkward things I come across is the Root device being mounted read only, and then lists if I want to make modification to files ( /sbin/fsck -fy) and (/sbin/mount -uw \)

Or if I want to boot the system to just type exit.

Problem is, when I boot the system I get that display problem some have been saying, and then the drive seems to just keep rebooting itself.

After I say to boot I see several things failing to match families, or something along those lines.

I tried going back through the leopard DVD and entering terminal to try and repatch to see if maybe that could be the case, but I can't even access the leopard installation now, any tips?

One last quick question: do any of the BIOS settings have any bearing on how the computer may run? Or does the EFI basically overlap the settings anyway?

A Little Edit for some more clarification:

I'm running Leopard from a disk with no windows partitions on it what so ever, and have reformatted it and etc. for Journaled

Another little edit:

I've seen some good things about the Kalyway Leopard Boot install, should I just pick this up instead and hope for the best? Problem is, I'd have to find a computer with a DVD burner, or just install a version of XP on the computer I plan to use for a hackintosh, download a couple things and pick up the Kalyway version. Any ideas on what would possibly be easier? Fixing the ToH version, or attempting to start from scratch with Kalyway?

I have the ToH dvd 10.5 edition and I experienced the continual reboot issue also. All I did was use the disk utility to wipe the drive again following the instructions that you followed, then the script and it worked fine. If you haven't already done this a gazillion times then you might want to give it try.

I am having success on both Dell Latitude D620 - Dual Core, 2 gigs ram, dvd drive and also my IBM X60 dual core with 2 gigs of ram and have had success after wiping the drives and reinstalling the ToH dvd a few times and following all instructions and scripts to a TEE.

I am a complete newbie to mac.

I was able to install TOH RC2 and after install I can boot up into mac os x

with the dvd in the drive.

I go to utilities and terminal and here is the result:

Last login: Sun Jan 13 12:54:59 on ttys000

sam-chases-acpi:~ samchase$

sam-chases-acpi:~ samchase$ cd /volumes/untitled/hack

sam-chases-acpi:hack samchase$ ls

files patch.sh readme.txt

sam-chases-acpi:hack samchase$ ./patch.sh

-bash: ./patch.sh: Permission denied

sam-chases-acpi:hack samchase$ sudo ./patch.sh Leopard

sudo: ./patch.sh: command not found

Untitled is my windows xp partition and the patch.sh is in the hack folder.

as you can see, after i type ls, it shows patch.sh in the directory.

But i either get permission denied or after putting sudo in front i get command not found.

My os x installation is named Leopard.

I also moved the hack folder to my Leopard disk partition and changed the first command to

cd /volumes/leopard/hack but i still get permission denied.

Please help, what am I doing wrong???

• 5 weeks later...
Before this patch, I was always stuck in grey apple logo screen...just didn't boot.

But this patch got me one step further.

Now, I pass the grey apple screen and move into blue screen. However, I am now stuck in this blue screen with no mouse curser...

EDIT: Ok, so i plugged an external VGA monitor into the Notebook and it shows a display...no problem what so ever, but on the Notebook it is blue/white, ive tried changing display res and hertz to all possiable combinations but still no luck, the notebook is using an Intel 965 Chipset, are there any .kext that will work for this?

ALSO: There is no sound, does not see a sound card. :)

Im having the same issue, before the patch i was able to boot form the install cd and boot into safe bood from the HD, had to use the cd to intiate the boot, and it ran is safe mode, this patch helped me setup the dul boot and everything looks great but again now i get the blue screen, would it have something to do with setting the graphics to high? if i let the blue screen sit there for a minut then press "enter" the HD goes nuts lkes it doing somehting, mabe chooing "English" then "US" then "Migration assistant" ya know like when the setup ass. goes thru....any help?

Heres my system when it was running in safe boot:

• Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5250 (1.5GHz) (seen as single processor, 2 cores, is that right?)
  • 15.4" Ultrabright WXGA TFT LCD
  • 2GB DDR2 system RAM
  • 160GB PATA HDD (5400rpm)
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (up to 384MB shared) (working, limited to 1200X800)
  • DVD+-RW SuperMulti dual layer drive (working)
  • 10/100 Ethernet (working)
  • Wireless LAN: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g (not working)
  • 1.3 megapixel webcam (sees camera but gets green screen) (EDIT:works with Yahoo msgr)
  • 5-in-1 memory card reader (not working)
  • ExpressCard 54 slot (not working)

This has saved my life as I almost lost my MAC after updating to 10.5.2. Got the dreaded HPET error! I followed the instructions and removed the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and the AppleEFIruntime.kext from the /system/library/extenstions/ and it's all back. However, I have fix the qe etc. now. Thanks a million. :D

possibly a stupid question, but i followed the readme file to a tee. even named my directory and flash drive the same as the author's. When i boot up the DVD, i drop to terminal, type in cd /Volumes/flash/dannymac

No such file or directory

So then i try to just get into the HD mac os x is installed on...

cd /Volumes/Rotten Apple

No such file or directory

Seriously, am i doing something WAY wrong here? Am i missing something?

The flash is Fat32, the hd mac is on is bootable and mounted..so wtf? lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have my HP Pavilion dv2550. I'ved applied the script( http://rapidshare.com/files/76393313/Combined_Post_Patch_v0.1.rar ), it boots but after the Apple logo, my computers stops on a long blue screen.

What have I done wrong?

Updating - I solve the problem by adding the "-x" param to boot kernel.

Now how can I install my wireless?

Thanks.

The harware is:

# Intel® Centrino® Mobile Duo com Processador Core 2 Duo T5250 1.50GHz.

# : 2048MB DDR2 667MHz c

# HD: 160GB 5400rpm ATA.

# Screen: 14.1" WXGA TFT

# Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X 3100

# Áudio: 16-bit Sound Blaster Pro-compatible audio

# Wireless: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11 a/b/g WLAN

• 4 months later...

Hi, I used your patch to restore my darwin bootloader, but got a error when booting -> Unable to find driver for this Platform ACPI . When I used the patch I go directly to the bootloaded options, i.e. I didn't choose to install patched kernels. Can you give some advice? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Sortadan YOU SAVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!

2 days ago i lost my Leopard partition, only blinking cursor, thanks to Disk Warrior program. I read that is impossible to repair, i tried with fdisk commands, install EFI again....no results.

I see this post and want to try again.

This patch repair the MBR perfectly, and now i have Leopard again!!!!!!! So easy!

• 9 months later...
Sortadan YOU SAVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!

2 days ago i lost my Leopard partition, only blinking cursor, thanks to Disk Warrior program. I read that is impossible to repair, i tried with fdisk commands, install EFI again....no results.

I see this post and want to try again.

This patch repair the MBR perfectly, and now i have Leopard again!!!!!!! So easy!

I have exact problem now.. Diskwarrior "repaired" my MBR and now it stops booting at MBR.0 error.

Can you or someone provide link to exact instructions to patch/recover MBR?

I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR board, Intel Quad 2.43.