socal swimmer

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:swim, learning, computers
Well I finally got leopard to boot again

What I did that was bad was I used fdisk (on the install dvd, in terminal) to update the mbr machine code, which messed up efi. To fix this, I reinstalled efi. Since I kept getting "/dev/disk0: Resource busy", I rebooted back into the install dvd, opened disk utility and unmounted all partitions on that drive, went back into terminal, and typed in the offending line from the shell script by hand. It worked great.

Now I'm trying to sort out why disk utility hates my file system grrrrrr. Can't do anything...

consolation

consolation

I am not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
yeah, I'm picking up bits of OS of the floor atm, I managed to mangle both installs beyond hope. I'm having much weirdness with permissions - even when editing from a macbook. Oh, well, insanely long reboot #99 here we go....

Suhail

Suhail

Love is Gone...

• Retired
  • 7,411 posts
  • Interests:PHP Coding
    Trance Music
    Xbox 360 :)
    Web Designing
Right I finally received this motherboard and got everything

First of all I would like to say I did not use the ToH DVD like Socal Swimmer suggested. I used the ToH DVD instead
Here were the steps I took for anyone intrested

1. Follow Socal Swimmer's EFI Bit
2. Install ToH DVD
3. Do the 9a581 Post Patch and Sound patch and Update
4. Enjoy Leopard

I was successfully able to update to 10.5.1 and my Harddrives (WD SATA's) are successfully shown as internal. I would like to mention that the Leopard Partition is the only Partition I have on this Harddrive and I am not dual booting with anything.

Thanks Socal Swimmer for your guide. It came in handy alot :)
- Suhail - Posting from Safari :)

chutsu

chutsu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Did you meet any glitches or flaws like not sleeping, restarting, shutting down the system, network problems?
Thanks
Chris

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
Hey I'm glad it helped!

using the ToH method is just fine. I just went with mine because it involved downloading 30MB, instead of 4GB. Plus I felt better about buying OS X (lol).

I will be adding a dual-boot guide very shortly. It is quite easy, after I de-screwed my computer (after screwing it up). As soon as it is fully working, of course.

Suhail

Suhail

Love is Gone...

• Retired
  • 7,411 posts
    Trance Music
    Web Designing
Sometimes Shutting down and restarting tends to cause the system to hang at a black screen but a quick nudge at the power button solves it. Sleep works fine for all I have tested but you need to use the power button to turn it on which is a advantage for meh because my mum tends to walk past my computer and "accidentally" moves the mouse or presses a button on the keyboard causing it to turn on. Hurray Sleep Problems :wacko:

consolation

consolation

I am not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
I ended up doing a clean install from a retail DVD. The only things that needed replacing were AppleSMBIOS.kext, AppleAHCIport.kext, dsmos.kext and the two patched sound files. All works well, reboot is 50/50, shutdown works 90% of the time. Waking from sleep requires use of the power button as mentioned above.

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
I added a dual-boot guide onto the end of the original post, plus some troubleshooting with ethernet.

I'm currently running a Prime95 memory stress test in Vista. :/ can you say mega-slow?

aliab

aliab

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

I ended up doing a clean install from a retail DVD. The only things that needed replacing were AppleSMBIOS.kext, AppleAHCIport.kext, dsmos.kext and the two patched sound files. All works well, reboot is 50/50, shutdown works 90% of the time. Waking from sleep requires use of the power button as mentioned above.

I ended also install from RetailDVD and Terminal but

Stuck at mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified Computer name: using default bMachintosh
mDNSResponder: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname: using default bMachintosh

What is your AppleAHCIport ?

Thank's

chutsu

chutsu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Sometimes Shutting down and restarting tends to cause the system to hang at a black screen but a quick nudge at the power button solves it. Sleep works fine for all I have tested but you need to use the power button to turn it on which is a advantage for meh because my mum tends to walk past my computer and "accidentally" moves the mouse or presses a button on the keyboard causing it to turn on. Hurray Sleep Problems

Hey I was wondering if you could experiment typing:
sudo halt, sudo reboot
in the terminal and see if that works better than clicking the apple menu to shutdown!
Let me know how it goes!
Cheers

raggedjagged

raggedjagged

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Has anyone tried iATKOS or KALYWAY 10.5.1 with EFI patch with this board? How well does it work?

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
both kalyway and iATKOS should work with EFI. I used the brazilmac method because it was easiest (small download) and it gave me a reason to purchase leopard (which I felt good about).But both of those will work.

Install EFI just like i said in the guide, and then install OS X however you want, then patch the sound, then add dual boot (if you want), and you should be good to go!

I don't know about the "sudo halt" part, but I'm pretty sure that when I tried "sudo reboot", I had the same problems as normal reboot.

raggedjagged

raggedjagged

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I know that they should work with EFI. But what I'm interested is in ...

Has anyone tried installing either iATKOS or Kalyway on this board? I want to know how is the support for audio/lan/etc. Please someone who has tried iATKOS or Kalyway reply and let us know! Thanks :)

Suhail

Suhail

Love is Gone...

• Retired
  • 7,411 posts
    Trance Music
    Web Designing
If only the Shutdown and Restart Problems were fixed then I would have a perfect System :D. Anyone know the root cause of these problems

Threepwood

Threepwood

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

If only the Shutdown and Restart Problems were fixed then I would have a perfect System :D. Anyone know the root cause of these problems

AHCI mode cured these problems on my friend's P35-DS4.

Suhail

Suhail

Love is Gone...

• Retired
  • 7,411 posts
    Trance Music
    Web Designing
I am using AHCI Mode otherwise I would get a "still waiting for root device" error. Using EFI v8 btw?

Daryll

Daryll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Did anyone try to install Kalyway release & get 8800GT(S 512) G92 working with this motherboard, I'm planning to install it using this configuration in few days; however, any advice will be helpful.

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
There is no reason why it wouldn't work. Just go through the correct steps....

http://forum.insanel...sho...&st=140##

see post 156 ...

Daryll

Daryll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

There is no reason why it wouldn't work. Just go through the correct steps....
http://forum.insanel...sho...&st=140##

see post 156 ...

Yes, I know. I already read it, but still confirmation would be nice :)

fuzzywasaduck2

fuzzywasaduck2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I don't get it - this guide refers to the Brazil postpatch (9a581PostPatch.sh), but the files included in the downloadable EFI Pack already contains a "PostPatch.sh" that refers to the folder "Leopatch"

Do I need to use the post patch files from the Brazil method or the one that is included in the RapidShare download linked to from this guide?

9a581PostPatch.sh or postPatch.sh ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy