Full Install Guide GA P35-DS3P

socal swimmer

314 posts in this topic

I used the Brazilmac 10.5.0 disc to install this one. When I updated to 10.5.1, the screen resolution was a little screwed, but this topic fixed it (I had to replace some kext files in the System folder). Anyone have any expierences with gma950 and 10.5.2?

Just to add to the list..

GA P35-DS3P with initial Brazilmac install, updated to 10.5.1

Updated to 10.5.2 using the Kalyway Combo Update

Followed by the 10.5.2 Kalyway Kernel Update (Vanilla Install)

Had absolutely no issues with graphics update, however, my card is an XFX 7600 GT which worked out of the box without any additional kexts on my initial install.

Huge increase of speed, especially in just the OS Navigation alone.

Not a single issue whatsoever.

I think you'll find that you ARE using one of the injectors; which is not a kext that comes with your stock mac box....

Hey Consolation, I am having major video issues. My console is constantly filled with errors regarding my video... think you can lend a hand, I'm fresh out of ideas at this point and I have tried nearly everything in this forum... i've even tried to rewrite the NVinject off the NVinject website... its ruining my install frankly

thanks!

Hey Consolation, I am having major video issues. My console is constantly filled with errors regarding my video... think you can lend a hand, I'm fresh out of ideas at this point and I have tried nearly everything in this forum... i've even tried to rewrite the NVinject off the NVinject website... its ruining my install frankly

thanks!

Which video card are you using, you list two?

P.S. That's quite a signature you have there, about 3X as long as your post. Maybe a bit less white space would save us developing RSI every time we need to scroll past...

Between retail dvd 10.5 and iatkos10.5.1 ,which the better?btw may i ask how to upgrade to 10.5.2 version leopard after install brazil mac or iatkos?

retail dvd. Its closer to the real thing, plus you learn more in the process.

If you install efi, then you can update to 10.5.1 using software update.

To update to 10.5.2, don't use software update. go here:

http://netkas.org/?p=50

Can you use "installer" from command line to install 10.5.2, or is there a fatal flaw somewhere? Cause I tried last night and it froze.

But I will try again...

I installed 10.5.2 Using Netkas method. My previous box was setup with the Socal's guide. All I had to replace were the Audio Kexts using Kext Injector :)

At install I used teh ToH DVD.

retail dvd. Its closer to the real thing, plus you learn more in the process.

If you install efi, then you can update to 10.5.1 using software update.

To update to 10.5.2, don't use software update. go here:

http://netkas.org/?p=50

Can you use "installer" from command line to install 10.5.2, or is there a fatal flaw somewhere? Cause I tried last night and it froze.

But I will try again...

thx socal swimmer...i will try but not now coz the brazil mac torrent seems dl very slow...i think i will ahve time nez week then try again...

After updating to 10.5.2:

Well "About this mac" is incorrectly reporting cpu speed. so I will have to figure that out.

System Profiler is fine on everything except Memory. However, I also have the RAM limited, so...

I'm thinking maybe I should replace AppleSMBIOS.kext, but I'm not sure what it does. time to google...

When I updated to 10.5.2, I did not use the netkas method, and it crashed. From then on, my install was unbootable. To get it to work, I installed leopard (using my own guide of course) to a spare partition, and from there, I used pacifist to install the update to my normal install. Now it works. :wacko:

ok I downloaded a new AppleSMBIOS.kext, fixed to correctly display this info, from netkas.org. 10.5.2 compatible. I haven't tested it yet because I am currently backing up 96GB using time machine

I have my patch.sh/files stored on a partition formatted as FAT 32, but when I try to use it and install the patch in the terminal it just keeps telling me theres no directory.

terminal on the install dvd?

did you put '\' before all spaces, apostrophes, etc? ("Mac's partition" becomes "Mac\'s\ partition"), or are there two spaces instead of one?

Try this:

cd /Volumes <press enter>

cd nameOfPartition <press enter>

cd folderWithPatch <press enter>

and tell me where it gives you an error. If this doesn't, then you just typed it in wrong before.

terminal on the install dvd?

did you put '\' before all spaces, apostrophes, etc? ("Mac's partition" becomes "Mac\'s\ partition"), or are there two spaces instead of one?

Off topic, but here are some shortcuts to make your life easier in terminal... as socal pointed out backslash tells *nix that the next character has no special meaning. So with space it's not treated as an argument delimiter; there are other chars you will need to use this "escape sequence" with.

If you type in the first 2~3 letters of a file path and press "TAB" unix (err.. darwin?) will fill in the rest of the path for you. If there;s a choice it will fill in as much as possible and wait for next letters...

"~" (tilde) represents your home directory (eg "cd ~" will take you back to home)

"pwd" = print working directory

"ls -al" lists the files with permissions etc

you can use up and down arrows to scroll through user input - save a lot of typing....

Off topic, but here are some shortcuts to make your life easier in terminal... as socal pointed out backslash tells *nix that the next character has no special meaning. So with space it's not treated as an argument delimiter; there are other chars you will need to use this "escape sequence" with.

If you type in the first 2~3 letters of a file path and press "TAB" unix (err.. darwin?) will fill in the rest of the path for you. If there;s a choice it will fill in as much as possible and wait for next letters...

"~" (tilde) represents your home directory (eg "cd ~" will take you back to home)

"pwd" = print working directory

"ls -al" lists the files with permissions etc

you can use up and down arrows to scroll through user input - save a lot of typing....

cool! That tab thing is new.

So I figured out that having IDE drives and more than 2GB RAM causes kernel panics. To fix it, you must either unplug the IDE HDDs, or limit your ram. :/

Just out of curiosity, why did 10.5.2 via Software Update break our installs? I thought having EFI and the vanilla kernel meant I'd be able to get it without any trouble.

Well... that was always a bit of a stretch, all it really means is that you will be able to start booting. I guess if you had a setup that required no modified kexts and have perfectly working HPET & ACPI that might be true, but I know of no such board. Most ppl seem to at least need a hacked AppleSMBIOS.kext. This particular update reloaded power management (very bad, as it's a three legged incontinent dog on a hackintosh) and messed with dsmos.kext (which allows us to run the decrypts necessary to launch apple software).

For those of us that were stupid enough to use Software Update to install 10.5.2 and kill our working 10.5.1 installs, is there any guides or suggestions to fix?

I had everything running perfectly using Socials' guide here.

haha wow your dumb!!

actually I did the exact same thing ;) so no worries.

My strategy for fixing it wasn't the easiest in the world. The idea is that as long as you can finish the upgrade, your computer will be working again. Since I had an extra 30 GB partition, I "just" installed leopard to it, and copied the 10.5.2 combo update that I downloaded from apple.com to it. then, I booted into the new install, and used pacifist (use google to find it) to install the update to my normal install. I then deleted AppleIntelCPU

Maybe you could try the command line installer or something, off the install dvd, but i am not sure. It seems like there should be an easier way, but having two installs is a good idea anyways, from what i hear.

Just out of curiosity, why did 10.5.2 via Software Update break our installs? I thought having EFI and the vanilla kernel meant I'd be able to get it without any trouble.

Cause it added a kext that caused the computer to crash. the update itself is fine, you jsut have to delete that kext

Hey all... since were all in the same family of boards... just wondering how your AFP and Bonjour is working? Mac to Mac AFP networking and or Back to my Mac?

My SMB networking is fine (between macs, pcs, etc)... but having issues with AFP, Bonjour... of course, have tried every driver combo around...from Realtek, modified Realtek, new network card with 8169 chipset, native apple 8169 kext, etc...enable onboard LAN, disable onboard LAN, DHCP v. static, have come full circle now, just replaced most of the kexts with the current ones we are all using... and still no AFP or Bonjour.

I think it could be an issue with IONetwork? Wonder if our time fixed kext is causing an issue? I even tried copying Kalys IONetworking kext to my install and that did not help. I am working hard to find a solution but could use help since I suspect we are all experiencing the same issues (whether you notice it yet)

The frustrating thing is that AFP and Bonjour works really well on my Kalyway install

Tried:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=84322

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;&do=findComment&comment=621881

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=29436

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

What is Kalyway doing that we are not? Is it something in IONetworking? Frustrating... seems like something small hiding in the grass and I can't find it!!!

Let me know what you all are seeing, please.. trying to find a difference to find a solution

Hey all... since were all in the same family of boards... just wondering how your AFP and Bonjour is working? Mac to Mac AFP networking and or Back to my Mac?

My SMB networking is fine (between macs, pcs, etc)... but having issues with AFP, Bonjour... of course, have tried every driver combo around...from Realtek, modified Realtek, new network card with 8169 chipset, native apple 8169 kext, etc...enable onboard LAN, disable onboard LAN, DHCP v. static, have come full circle now, just replaced most of the kexts with the current ones we are all using... and still no AFP or Bonjour.

I think it could be an issue with IONetwork? Wonder if our time fixed kext is causing an issue? I even tried copying Kalys IONetworking kext to my install and that did not help. I am working hard to find a solution but could use help since I suspect we are all experiencing the same issues (whether you notice it yet)

The frustrating thing is that AFP and Bonjour works really well on my Kalyway install

Tried:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=84322

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;&do=findComment&comment=621881

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=29436

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

What is Kalyway doing that we are not? Is it something in IONetworking? Frustrating... seems like something small hiding in the grass and I can't find it!!!

Let me know what you all are seeing, please.. trying to find a difference to find a solution

Well I had time machine backing up to an external hard drive attached to an iMac, and i'm connected to a network drive and other macs. so I think i am using afp. The only thing is that you have to use an IP address to connect. Finder -> Go -> connect to server and type in the ip address:

afp://192.168.0.4

using brazilmacs stuff. plus IONetworkingFamily from the post install or installation forums.

When i tried to boot the patched DVD, the com.apple.boot.plist error came out.

I'm having big trouble using the DVD.

I'm now using IDE CD-ROM. What BIOS changes should i make?

you need to get a SATA DVD drive. IDE does not work. A few other people have posted with this same problem, and they fixed it with a SATA drive.

good luck ;)

I just upgraded my Hackintosh to Q6600 with GA-P35-DS3P (Rev 1.0)... was previously on E6320 with Asus P5LD2-VM.

I have spent all day, well about 3 hours reading every post in this thread.

I dont recall seeing a solution for the following problems, or maybe I've missed it. Can someone please point me to the right direction?

- HDDs are displayed as external

- Shutdown / Restart, doesnt work

Apart from these issues, everything else works or I havent noticed it yet.

I personally think that my previous setup was better since I didnt have AHCI making my boot time so long, but I guess I will live... I just like to complain :)

I just upgraded my Hackintosh to Q6600 with GA-P35-DS3P (Rev 1.0)... was previously on E6320 with Asus P5LD2-VM.

I have spent all day, well about 3 hours reading every post in this thread.

I dont recall seeing a solution for the following problems, or maybe I've missed it. Can someone please point me to the right direction?

- HDDs are displayed as external

- Shutdown / Restart, doesnt work

Apart from these issues, everything else works or I havent noticed it yet.

I personally think that my previous setup was better since I didnt have AHCI making my boot time so long, but I guess I will live... I just like to complain :D

the "external" hard drives means that you need to copy over a patched kext. it should be in the brazilmac postpatch folder, under leopatch/ext.

I can't remember exactly which one it was..

shutdown and restart can be fixed using kalyway's patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

the "external" hard drives means that you need to copy over a patched kext. it should be in the brazilmac postpatch folder, under leopatch/ext.

I can't remember exactly which one it was..

shutdown and restart can be fixed using kalyway's patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

So I guess these files (regarding the postpatch folder) are included in the "EFI Pack" from the first post?

It would be great if you can pin point which kext.

Thanks!