XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

have you tryed EFI/MBR/Vanilla?, same results?

I think you need to install dsmos.kext for the vanilla to work.

for the record, if you dont select any kernel options, vanilla kernels (contained in the original apple installer and apple update) will be installed.

Sadly I cannot test how vanilla kernel works on my machine until next month when I 'll get a new CPU....

hi i have a sony vaio laptop with 2gb ram,intel celeron 1.5ghz, intel 915gm grafic card all working out of the box run smooth even better than windows but the only problem i have is that somethimes it stays stuck in the blue login screen and i have to retry couple of time with -v or -legacy until it works.

There are a few problems in the installer. Some of the kexts from the installer are sent to the wrong folder. He accidently sent some to "extensions" instead of "Extensions". The uppercase makes a difference.

-Stell

Thats bad. Can you remember whichones?

Anyway, I guess this only happens if you have selected HFS 'Case Sensitive' format for your HDs.

Oh thank god I finally found the creator of the GREAT XxX DVD. Anyway, I have a request, probably on behalf of all the community.

Can you please make a Leopard 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 (when it's released).

My wish list includes:

-unpersonalized OS (only default theme and applications) because I like to as close as possible to a real mac install.

-EFI and GPT support as well as MBR and patched kernel.

-Dozens of drivers neatly organized like in your 10.4.10 which was the best release I ever used.

-PPC part removed to reduce size

-Dictionary working (because it didn't in your 10.4.10 release).

I hope I don't sound rude by making such a request, but I don't have enough skills to make my own DVD.

I greatly appreciate you work.

Joseph

Hi again BC,

Merry Christmas :D

I wanted to report my installation success (see my signature for hardware details.

I used all the default settings then added GMA950 graphics support and Azalia for audio, I also used EFI v8.0 (MBR as GUID gave me boot problems). Everything is running perfectly :D

Thanks once again for your efforts, a very good install disk for my system.

Hi BlackCH

Thought you would like to know, I also have successfully installed this one.

I left all kernel selections as the default and I didn't choose any EFI. I figured since it's at 10.4.11 (the latest Tiger right?), is there a really urgent need for ability to apply official Apple OS upgrades (will we see 10.4.12?). I dunno :D

I selected GMA950 graphics, Azalia audio. RealtekR1000.Driver + 10.4.3.IONetworkingFamily.kext (not sure I needed ReaktekR1000 but I selected it anyways) and Quicktime codecs.

All my hardware is working just fine, except sleep which doesn't work. I ended up editing 'System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/

A/Resources/English.lproj/StandardMenus.nib/objects.xib' which allows mods to the Apple Menu. I modified 'slep' (for Sleep on the menu) to 'sleq' (purposeful typo) so I would not accidentally choose Sleep. Any more significant changes to this file caused issues.

After install, I removed verbose mode and the timeout setting from com.apple.Boot.plist, and installed X11 from the JaS 10.4.8 DVD.

And I applied all pending Apple updates and they worked just fine.

It has worked flawlessly thus far.

I was on JaS 10.4.6 for over a year. Finally decided to upgrade. I'm avoiding Leo right now.

Anyways, thank you kindly for your release.

armus

It doesn't install here, or maybe it installs, but on re-boot I get &quot;Verifying DMI Pool Data&quot; and stays there. I carefully followed all the instructions and am not having a good day as I have no clue as to what is going on.<br />Any help is appreciated..............<br />BUT: you must be patient with me.<br /><br /><br />Ok, so after installing 5 times now, it still does not boot from whatever I am installing.

Fixed, user error, had to *think about it* a bit. No thanks to this forum.

Hi all

I just thought i'd add a few comments for anyone out there with a dell XPS Gen2 (M170) laptop.

I've pretty much got everything working up to 10.4.11 with the 8.11.1 kernel (SSE2 EFIv8 MBR)

My laptop unfortunately is a Pentium M 2Ghz so i'm stuck on hacked kernels until tomorrow. I will be taking delivery of a dell XPS 1710 (core2duo) so i'm excited about trying 10.5.1 with vanilla kernels.

When I started all this about 12 months ago, I first partitioned my drive in two, one partition for windows XP and one for OSX The acronis bootloader providing boot options. My first disk I started with was JaS 10.4.7. I've been careful to back up my partitions regularly with Acronis True Image Home. I've since changed the backup method to a DVD boot and creating DMG's with diskutil.

Since my first stab all those months ago i've replaced my driverless Intel WIFI with an internal broadcom WIFI card, got Titan working (once i realised the NV kexts need the correct PCIMatch address, with nano). In fact i've become pretty comfortable with the terminal, it's kinda like a cross between MSDOS and AmigaDOS (ahh those were the days :(:D :D )

As the months have passed i've carefully followed many a tutorial, and upgraded OSX via the apple combo updates. This pretty much got me to 10.4.10 and the 8.9.1 kernel.

Getting to 10.4.11 was a tad more tricky. For this I downloaded the XxX 10.4.11 DVD. I figured this was my best option, mostly because of the talk of the EFI software on the forums. My first stab was with the 8.11.1 kernel without EFI, which failed miserably. I kept getting a kernel panic on ACPIFamily kext. My second try was with the EFI kernel and the MBR version 8 EFI. This worked pretty much first time.

As gr8 as this seems to get it to boot properly there are still limitations. The IOATA kext needed to be the previous version to get DVD's to mount. The same for my WIFI, I had to resort to an earlier IO822 kext. The tweaked powermanagement bundle is still required for battery levels. I also have to continue to inject the modifed BCM5701 kext into the IONetworkingFamily plugins folder to get my gigabit controller to function. Other than those ones plus the usual nano tweaks to the NVidia kexts and now using NVinject instead of titan to get DVI2 working, everything on the laptop seems to work. AC97 audio is basic but it works (unfortunately no bass driver), Bluetooth works, Firewire works and everything is relatively stable.

For the first time I was able to use a vanilla ACPIFamily kext, not sure if this has increased stability or not.

So far my only problem has been with that darn old AppleSMBIOS kext. I've tried the modified netkas version, but the "about this mac" crashes. I'll probably have to revert to the old trick of the 10.4.3/4 version of loginwindow.app. Has anyone tried different versions with any success? Also if anyone could shed any light on which SMBIOS kext offers most stability in this version of OSX i'd be much appreciated.

Anyway, if anyone wants any advice on installs similar to my hardware feel free to reply to this and we'll chat about it.

Cheers

Drummerboy

Can anyone explain to me the use of EFI for 10.4.11? I thought the idea was to be able to seamlessly apply official Apple OS updates. But with 10.4.11, there are no more OS revisions, right?

I'm running XxX 10.4.11 just fine, it works great (except no wake from sleep),... should I try to reinstall with EFI and for what benefits?

thanks guys.

So far my only problem has been with that darn old AppleSMBIOS kext. I've tried the modified netkas version, but the "about this mac" crashes.

Try to replace the loginwindow.app with an older one. There are a few included in the DVD

Hi,people!

Plz, i needed in you help)

Sorry for my english - it's not very well)

I'm trying to install this relize.

Conf.:

MB: P4P800SE

CPU: P4 2.4 Notherwood (overclock up to 2,8) SSE2

Network: Marvell (onboard)

Video: Sapphire Radeon 9600 256Mb

Memory: 1Gb (512+256+256) Single channel,

i have trouble with options on start of install. If I choise all what i want, it say to me: plz try again) and no go to install.

When i had choose only upd to 4.11 it's install, but system not boot)

What I must to choose?

and tell me, plz can i install on this config leo? i have KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3... but it no load even darwin before instal...

Hi, I tried so many releases, the most didn't work. Only 10.4.7JaS, 10.4.9uphuck(with fixes) are working but i need 10.4.10(or 10.4.11^^) for my iPhone, so can somebody tell me, which drivers, patches.. i have to choose ?

My system :

CPU : Intel Pentium 4 640 3.2GHz,

x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

Motherboard : Asus P5ND2-Sli

Chipset : nForce4 Intel Edition

Video : Radeon X800 GTO2

Network : Intel Pro/1000 MT (onboard)

RAM : 2GB DDR2

At 10.4.9uphuck i have to choose these :

-Patches

->loginwindows 10.4.4

->Remove IntelCPUPowerManagement

-Drivers

->VGA ->Callisto

->System ->nForce4 SATA, USB Driver, PS/2 Driver, Azalia Audio

->Network, Intel Pro 100VE

Then i have to replace the System.kext and mach_kernel with System.kext and mach_kernl from 10.4.8(JaS)..

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,people!

Plz, i needed in you help)

Sorry for my english - it's not very well)

I'm trying to install this relize.

Conf.:

MB: P4P800SE

CPU: P4 2.4 Notherwood (overclock up to 2,8) SSE2

Network: Marvell (onboard)

Video: Sapphire Radeon 9600 256Mb

Memory: 1Gb (512+256+256) Single channel,

i have trouble with options on start of install. If I choise all what i want, it say to me: plz try again) and no go to install.

When i had choose only upd to 4.11 it's install, but system not boot)

What I must to choose?

and tell me, plz can i install on this config leo? i have KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3... but it no load even darwin before instal...

For SSE2 you need to install the 8.9.1 kernel + the corresponding System.kext. Although the 8.11.1 has been confirmed to work on SSE2 (couple of posts just above).

so you need to install only:

-Apple Combo 10.4.11 Update

from 'Kernel and Kexts' menu:

-no-EFI kexts (all 4 items)

-8.9.1 Kernel Universal + Patches (all 3 items)

-RecommendedPatches (all 5 items)

deselect all the rest. Once you get this working start thinking about the rest of your hardware. Probably you will need to try installing a couple of times until you get with the right combination for your system.

If you want to give a try to the 8.11.1 kernel then choose the 8.11.1 no-EFI kernel instead of the 8.9.1 (deselect all 3 choices)... Probably you will need to boot with '-legacy' flag.

@BlackCH

First, thank you for your release!

Do you know, what I have to select at the installation ?

PS: Where are you from ?

Not really; I dont have any experience with NForce chipsets.... also your graphic board might be a bit problematic for getting qe/ci supported...

Intel chipsets are recommended/almost-required if you want to have an 'out of the box' experience.... Nowadays you can get a i945 based board for less than 50$... and if you choose the rightone everything will work just fine...

I've got a weird "error" :( I've installed everything by the instructions, installation process was succesful, without errorsAt the end of booting (after restart) there is something like that:
>> Dec 14 17:07:14 localhost /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app/contents/macos/loginwindow:Login Window Application Started

and then nothing happens :) what can I do ? I've tried typing "-legacy" at the beginning with no results

Mate, i get the same problem too.

My rig is 2140, P35-DS3P rev2.0, 2 GB of RAM, 8400GS

I only tried it on a SATA HD

I tried the kalyway leopard 10.5.1 also, no go.

Is there something i am doing wrong? Please give me some pointers :)

Take the DVD out of the drive and it will boot.

Nope. Tried that. I didnt work

For SSE2 you need to install the 8.9.1 kernel + the corresponding System.kext. Although the 8.11.1 has been confirmed to work on SSE2 (couple of posts just above).

so you need to install only:

-Apple Combo 10.4.11 Update

from 'Kernel and Kexts' menu:

-no-EFI kexts (all 4 items)

-8.9.1 Kernel Universal + Patches (all 3 items)

-RecommendedPatches (all 5 items)

deselect all the rest. Once you get this working start thinking about the rest of your hardware. Probably you will need to try installing a couple of times until you get with the right combination for your system.

If you want to give a try to the 8.11.1 kernel then choose the 8.11.1 no-EFI kernel instead of the 8.9.1 (deselect all 3 choices)... Probably you will need to boot with '-legacy' flag.

big thx, it work. Big-big)

Hi, I´m doing some testing with XXX 10.4.11 and having some problems, first of all I can no longer install using my sata dvd drive in ahci mode (with xxx 10.4.10 I could). Then after some testing I installed using the default EFI selection in the PDF, and I have to use the -legacy swith to boot.

Finally, why the vanilla 10.4.11 kernel extracted from the update makes the computer reboot? and what does the -legacy switch do? It degrades the perfomance or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I´m doing some testing with XXX 10.4.11 and having some problems, first of all I can no longer install using my sata dvd drive in ahci mode (with xxx 10.4.10 I could). Then after some testing I installed using the default EFI selection in the PDF, and I have to use the -legacy swith to boot.

Finally, why the vanilla 10.4.11 kernel extracted from the update makes the computer reboot? and what does the -legacy switch do? It degrades the perfomance or something else?

Thanks in advance.

How did you boot the DVD at the end? The kextcache on the 10.4.11 DVD is slightly different than before... It supposed to support ICH9 natively...

'-legacy' forces 32bit mode AFAIK. There is something wrong with the hacked 8.11.1 kernel. Until Apple release the source public is what we have. You can use the 8.10.1.

With the vanilla kernel you need to use the dsmos.kext included. Notice that if you install the update and dont choose any extra kernel the vanilla will be installed.

How did you boot the DVD at the end? The kextcache on the 10.4.11 DVD is slightly different than before... It supposed to support ICH9 natively...

'-legacy' forces 32bit mode AFAIK. There is something wrong with the hacked 8.11.1 kernel. Until Apple release the source public is what we have. You can use the 8.10.1.

With the vanilla kernel you need to use the dsmos.kext included. Notice that if you install the update and dont choose any extra kernel the vanilla will be installed.

I had to setup the sata controller in IDE mode, and boot from a USB DVD reader, no other combination worked.

My motherboard uses ICHR9 so there´s no need for any ICH9 hacking, osx natively support its sata controller in AHCI mode (that´s why I bought everything sata, so I didn't have to use usb any more for installing).

About the vanilla kernel, I think I've discovered what the problem was. After my 10.4.11 tests today I decided to install Iatkos 1.0i and discovered that I got the very same reboots I had with 10.4.11 vanilla kernel. So I decided to take a look at my cpu options in the bios, and turned on the NO EXECUTE BIT option. Suddenly Iatkos loaded with vanilla kernel :(

So I´m gonna try this with 10.4.11, since I feel Iatkos VERY VERY VERY slow in comparison. Specially the minimize and maximize windows animations are much smoother on 10.4.x and so does the dock. I think I'll give leopard a new chance at 10.5.2 version :(

On the other hand, which would be the procedure to install additional language packs into 10.4.11?

I did this with 10.4.10, but I didn´t manage to get a 100% spanish language system:

1.- Got spanish.pkg from 10.4.9 and installed

2.- Got every spanish.lproj file and moved manually into each application (very slow process :P )

Thanks for your quick answer. (I hope we could see soon a ppf1 with ICHR9 AHCI mode :P)

Regards.

The fastest solution for you would be to replace the kextcache.mkext file (located in System/Library/ on the 10.4.11 DVD with the same file from the 10.4.10 disk). You can do this by mounting the iso image as readwrite from the terminal:

sudo hdiutil attach -readwrite /path/to/the/iso/ -owners on

(Im not completely shure about the syntaxis, but is something like that).... Then you replace the file and burn the image again.