The search topic function does not work?!

SteveStar

15 posts in this topic

Hey,

I think the search topic function is very handy but now it doesn't work anymore...

For example when I type in the searchfield 8800gtx and in that same topic the word 8800gtx is posted a few times -> Then in the search results it states that there is no match.

I tried this several times but I think it doesn't work

So could and would anyone fix this?! :(

Many thanx in advance

Yeah, wondered whether that would work or not.. Thanks for trolling rather than letting me know.. the link was to a search for the term above that was claimed not to work.. I logged out & checked it from 2 machines, os x & windows, clearly the search id expires or some such because, quite right, the link no longer works.

What I did:

Click Search at top left

enter 8800gtx

select "all forums" & "show results as posts"

click the search button

it works every time for me, even if it's not possible to paste links to the results.

p.s. did it again & this works for me right now.. I dunno if it's ip-based or just times out...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Having tonight registered and admin'd myself to reply to this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry560946

I couldn't help but notice that full text indexing does not seem to be configured properly on this board. If I am right then this would certainly have an adverse affect on searching the site.

I'll speak to the guys once everyone is back in this week and see about getting it sorted out.

Hope this helps

I used to get "admin has flood control enabled" when attempting to do a search randomly, and I got it twice today. However, this is the message I am getting the most frequently now:

Erreur Sphinx : unknown local index 'ipb_search_topics_delta' in search request

I was trying to search things like rs482 and ati xpress. Logging in didn't appear to help, and neither did changing the searched forum. I also tried Firefox 3 instead of Safari.

Unlike in the past, I can't seem to search at all.

• 1 year later...