Update from 10.4.6 to 10.4.11

lilSoldier

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I need to update from 10.4.6 to 10.4.11 so I can use Office 2008, Safari 3 and the new iTunes. I have tried EFI without success; it hangs when it says it navigates to an InstallAtStartup folder, with nothing in it. I have also tried downloading the installer and following some instructions telling me to use disk utility and terminal, but that didnt work ;) . I am desperate to update, but I don't want to download a whole new ISO. My system specs. are as follows:

Intel Pentium M 740 1.73GHz

1GB RAM

60GB SATA

Intel GMA900

Intel 2200BG WiFi

Dual-booting Vista Home Premium and Mac OS X 10.4.6 by GoatsecX

Any help would be greatly appreciated :(

• 3 months later...
Hi, I need to update from 10.4.6 to 10.4.11 so I can use Office 2008, Safari 3 and the new iTunes. I have tried EFI without success; it hangs when it says it navigates to an InstallAtStartup folder, with nothing in it. I have also tried downloading the installer and following some instructions telling me to use disk utility and terminal, but that didnt work :wacko: . I am desperate to update, but I don't want to download a whole new ISO. My system specs. are as follows:

1GB RAM

60GB SATA

Intel GMA900

Intel 2200BG WiFi

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

same here... not the same specs... but close... did you ever figure this out?

Hi!

I am having the same issue. I have Mac OS X 10.4.6 with SSE2-patch. I want to upgrade to 10.4.11.

If I download the "Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (Intel)" from here http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...pdateintel.html and run it, will it work fine and installs fine to this latest version without losing or messing anything?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, I need to update from 10.4.6 to 10.4.11 so I can use Office 2008, Safari 3 and the new iTunes. I have tried EFI without success; it hangs when it says it navigates to an InstallAtStartup folder, with nothing in it. I have also tried downloading the installer and following some instructions telling me to use disk utility and terminal, but that didnt work :( . I am desperate to update, but I don't want to download a whole new ISO. My system specs. are as follows:

1GB RAM

60GB SATA

Intel GMA900

Intel 2200BG WiFi

Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Try downloading the combo 10.4.11 update (Don't install) and openning it with Pacifist. You can extract all the updated Kexts and apply them yourself (I trust you know how to do that) and then repair permissions by openning terminal and typing:

Sudo Su

(Administrator Password)

Diskutil Repairpermissions /

Reboot