Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard [ToH]-RC2 -9a581

vakakush

61 posts in this topic

Please help!

POST INSTALLATION

After the installation completes, your computer will automatically restart. Unfortunately you're not ready to boot into Leopard.

don't remove the osx disk and again hit F8.

Again, type -v -x at the boot prompt and hit enter

When the install disc finally loads, go to Utilities in the menu bar and select Terminal.

in the terminal type:

-bash-3.2# diskutil list
-bash-3.2# diskutil umount diskXsx
-bash-3.2# /usr/misc/script.sh Leopard

I have managed to get this far in the first post of this Topic ( The Actual Guide, decided not to copy paste the entire thing ;) )

I ran the script and it done all its funky things on screen and said it was done.

I rebooted the machine and I am getting what I can only describe as nothing.... :P

First my Computer Setup ( Basic )

• CPU = Core 2 Quad 2.5 Ghz
  • MoBo = Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4
  • Ram = 4GB DDR2
  • HDD = 1 x 500 GB SATA, 1 x 160 GB SATA
  • CD/DVD = 1 x DVD Burner SATA
  • Video Card = XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition 512MB DDR3
  • Display = Samsung 22-inch LCD 2ms DVI
  • Case = Antec - Sonata 550 w Power Supply

I have 3 Windows Partitions on the 500 GB SATA with Windows XP installed on the first Partition

I have 1 Mac Partition on the 160 GB SATA with ToH Leopard Installed on the only partition

My Mobo BIOS is running in AHCI for this all to work fine...

Windows is not yet installed for AHCI, but I will be performing a windows repair once I get Leopard working.

From what I have seen in Disk Utility and other things that list my HDDs the 500GB is 1st in the list followed by the 160GB so in saying that the ToH Leopard installed Partition is practically last.

So back to my issue, the computer boots up and would normally boot into Windows XP but my mobo allows for me to chose the HDD to boot into if I press F12, so I do this and select the 160GB HDD and what I get is normal up to the "Verifying DMI Pool Data................" then _ cursor just sits on the next line flashing... and nothing happens...

The Guide mentions what to do if you do not load Leopard after what I have done so far:

if you are able to boot into leopard its well n good but if you encounter any problem then

this time remove the disk and Press F8 at boot (quickly) and you should have something like this:

But I have tried this and its quite obvious that its not working as I am not getting the Darwin/x86 Boot Loader....

Could some one please help me with this as I would love to get Leopard working on my nice and fast machine.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I type /usr/misc/script.sh Leopard it says No such file or directory. Any ideas (i did call it Leopard)

hi

if you have Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard [ToH]-RC2 -9a581 installed but unable to boot from hard disk this topic is for u.

i encountered several problem during installation and read so many forums

the best way to install it is given below :)

insert the osx dvd and hit F8

you'll now see the

boot :

type

boot: -v -x

enter

after several minutes the graphic Leopard installer should be there

click disk utilitystart-disk-utility.png

and format the hard disk as MAC OS Extended (journaled)

click erase

now move to the third tab Partition and select Volume scheme (1 Partition) and in the volume information

type name Leopard and not leopard (notice the L)

now click option and select Master Boot Record

mbr.png

click apply

INSTALL LEOPARD

This really is the easiest part—just follow the on-screen instructions and choose your newly created Leopard partition as the install destination. Then, before you make that final click on the Install button, click Customize and de-select Additional Fonts, Language Translations. These components were removed so we could fit everything on the patched DVD, so we won't be installing them now.

Now you're ready. Click install and grab a quick drink. In around 10 minutes, Leopard should have installed, leaving you with just one more step before you're running with the Leopard.

POST INSTALLATION

After the installation completes, your computer will automatically restart. Unfortunately you're not ready to boot into Leopard.

don't remove the osx disk and again hit F8.

Again, type -v -x at the boot prompt and hit enter

When the install disc finally loads, go to Utilities in the menu bar and select Terminal.

in the terminal type

-bash-3.2# diskutil list

write down your Volume name and disk identifier info [EXAMPLE:(disk0s1)]

now type

-bash-3.2# diskutil umount diskXsx

[replace Xsx with our Volume name and disk identifier info [EXAMPLE:(diskutil umount disk 0s1)]

type

[sup]-bash-3.2# /usr/misc/script.sh Leopard[/sup]

The script will move and copy files

now reboot

if you are able to boot into leopard its well n good but if you encounter any problem then

this time remove the disk and Press F8 at boot (quickly) and you should have something like this:

65647565_8adccc3d20.jpg

type

boot: -legacy and press enter

now i think your leopard should boot

now go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

and click get info click the padlock button below and enter your root password when prompted then click the "+" icon and add your user account giving it read+write permission then click ok..

now open it and similarly change the permission of

com.apple.Boot.plist

and add -legacy to last line<string><string>

it should look like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-legacy</string>

</dict>

</plist>

now close it and open the disk utility

choose leopard and click repair disk permissions

after the disk permission repair is complete reboot.

When your computer reboots this time, you're ready. It's time to boot into Leopard.

after this perfect installtion you can change the name of your harddisk [Leopard] to desired name

enjoy :P

by andi luis

http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=13821431810450481396

update

for installing 9.1.0 kernel download it from.......

place the kernel in root

reboot type F8

boot:-s enter

mount -uw /

cd /

rm -rf /mach_kernel

cp -R /mach_toh /mach_kernel

chmod -R 644 /mach_kernel

chown -R root:wheel /mach_kernel

reboot

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Compaq Presario v5000 with intel Celeron M and I install it just like this says and it doesnt regonize the drive....its just bliks _. like ive even went back in to installition and startup disk all their is is the cd or network

I have a Compaq Presario v5000 with intel Celeron M and I install it just like this says and it doesnt regonize the drive....its just bliks _. like ive even went back in to installition and startup disk all their is is the cd or network

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have the same problem as another user in this thread:

I follow the instructions without fail, I get to the welcome screen choose my language and keyboard setup, then it asks me if I want to transfer my details from a different mac. I say no and it hangs for about 15 seconds the loops back to the welcome video and starts all over. I have tried all the other options for transfer and can't do them (as I don't have another mac).

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?