• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Headrush69

Headrush69

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

is it possible to use cider for getting normal windows apps working, and not just games? i'm not having any luck getting this to start up ventrilo even after changing the plist.

The latest wine version 0.9.56 compiles on OS X and works well.

No OpenGL, so don't ask. :P
Wish these linking issues could be worked out as apparently CoD4 runs under latest Wine pretty good. (Yes, I know about the Mac native version coming, but you never know, where's UT3?)

thecheeks

thecheeks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
anyone got apps not games to work with Cider? tried for a while to get Ventrilo ported (need it ported so i can use the GSM codec). i got no errors but the cider icon bounced once, hung open, then closed with a normal OSX error message thing. help?

and WINE didnt work well with it either, said there was still a GSM error even tho i placed the codec in the system folder and edited the .ini

Gix

Gix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I got Morrowind working nicely under Parallels. It uses a launcher app to set some basic settings.

Yep, works fine under Parallels.

Performance's not bad though but it's kinda sad that Oblivion on cider runs better than Morrowind on Parallels.

tazxen

tazxen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Anhaedra asked me this, thought I'd post here in case anyone else needs this:

how did you get morrowind to run in parallels? Whenever I try to play it, it crashes as soon as I go into the first building after getting off the boat...

It's been a while now.

Try turning *off* support for DX9 shaders in Parallels VM.

I used the FPS Optimizer to set resolution to 1440x900, and a few other options. It really helped.:
http://www.mwmythicm...E.htm#fpsopt_20

You can try using Morrowind Graphic Extender to change resolution and improve details, but I never used this.:
http://planeteldersc...w...etail&id=45
(might need DX9 back on for that).

Read this, and get some of the "essential" mods:
http://www.stevemv.c...wind/index.html

I loved Better Bodies, Better Heads, some of the official plug ins, and *absolutely* Galsiah's Character Development, which overhauls the levelling process to something I find much nicer:
http://uk.geocities.com/galsiah/

There's a ton of great mods out there too that add nicely to the game without altering the balance too much.

tazxen

tazxen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

anyone got apps not games to work with Cider?

Cider is ONLY for games that do not display anything in Windows. It doesn't handle games that open a window, or especially applications.

Try Crossover, or Parallels/VMWare Fusion in Convergence mode.

anhaedra

anhaedra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Well Morrowind runs now, but it's running very slowly... About 1fps. Did the same thing happen for anyone else?

tazxen

tazxen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I got decent performance, but I had to turn down many of the options. Try the FPS optimizer too.

JollyRogers

JollyRogers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I got Oblivion to run via the cider trick... Thanks for the help. The graphics where lacking though. Totally washed out and I messed around in oblivion.ini and the config file to try to get the "pretty" graphics, but no go. It looks totally better via BootCamp... just trying to get away from booting windows as much as I can...

If anyone has a working oblivion.ini and config files that has good settings I would be real appreciative for a hook-up -_-

capran

capran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I tried all the tips and tricks and the step by step someone else posted, but I can't even get it to run. All I get is "CD-ROM Drive Not Found, Unable to find a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive on this computer." I even tried editing the config file to have D = /Volumes/Oblivion with the disc in the drive.

iNinja

iNinja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I'm having the same difficulty. Things seem to be fine, yet I get a message "CD-ROM Drive Not Found, Unable to find a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive on this computer." when I attempt to run Oblivion.app. I'm using Oblivion 1.1.511 with a No-CD crack, tested to work fine under Windows. Should I update to 1.2?
Thank you.

Jozyx

Jozyx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Great news, the new Spore Creature Creation demo contains Cider 1430 :)

adzz182

adzz182

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Guys,
Would someone please be able to help me?

I am using the 2006 Macbook model (Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz, GMA 950 Graphics Card). I realise its not the best for gaming, but that's what I have. I have followed the tips in the thread for getting Oblivion working and it's been surprisingly successful - at the lowest settings I get quite a good frame rate.

The problem is that only the character eyes, mouth and hair are drawn. I have attached some images to show you what i mean.

I have tried messing around with the config settings and the oblivion.ini settings but I can't seem to get them to work - does anybody have any idea why this is happening, and a possible fix for it?

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.tiff   975.85KB   21 downloads
  • Attached File  2.tiff   971.65KB   5 downloads
  • Attached File  3.tiff   1MB   7 downloads

Anonymouse01

Anonymouse01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Does anyone know how to get Oblivion Mods running?
Anyone?
Cause you gotta run OblivionLauncher to enable them, are there any other ways?

Testcase

Testcase

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Does anyone know how to get Oblivion Mods running?
Anyone?
Cause you gotta run OblivionLauncher to enable them, are there any other ways?

See here http://forum.insanel...howtopic=112749

RaidRain

RaidRain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
THis is a stupid question but do i need any programs to run this oblivion cider

Krazyperson

Krazyperson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've ripped apart Cider from the newest Gametap that was released on the 5th of December.
I've compiled a small list of the versions of Cider which I got from the version.txt under the Frameworks directory.

X3? - 000379
Battlefield 2124 - 000485
Myst Online - 000636
Heroes of Might and Magic V 1.5.1 - 000789
Old Gametap/Oblivion.app - 000823
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 Updated (000947)
New Gametap (5th of December) - 000983
Eve Online - 000993.45017

I've gotten Oblivion to work just fun under the 000983 version of Cider. I don't have any other games to test out yet but this version works perfectly.
I'm going to try Unreal Tournament 3 soon.

Oblivion/Gametap (000983)

So take this version and try it out on all of the games that gave you trouble with graphics or the mouse and post your updates/info.
We need to get a wiki going so it doesn't get cluttered and what not.

I downloaded it but then it just exits out......wat do i do plz tell me i really want to play the game

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

I downloaded it but then it just exits out......wat do i do plz tell me i really want to play the game

That is a very old version, I recommend you download a newer version of cider.

Dragokillz

Dragokillz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've ripped apart Cider from the newest Gametap that was released on the 5th of December.
I've compiled a small list of the versions of Cider which I got from the version.txt under the Frameworks directory.

X3? - 000379
Battlefield 2124 - 000485
Myst Online - 000636
Heroes of Might and Magic V 1.5.1 - 000789
Old Gametap/Oblivion.app - 000823
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 Updated (000947)
New Gametap (5th of December) - 000983
Eve Online - 000993.45017

I've gotten Oblivion to work just fun under the 000983 version of Cider. I don't have any other games to test out yet but this version works perfectly.
I'm going to try Unreal Tournament 3 soon.

Oblivion/Gametap (000983)

So take this version and try it out on all of the games that gave you trouble with graphics or the mouse and post your updates/info.
We need to get a wiki going so it doesn't get cluttered and what not.

Yeah ok.

I have oblivion on a disc. and when i install it. (note i am using crossover games)
i get the cider thing all right then it says cannot find cd/dvd rom

why?

PLEASE rply

ehunt123

ehunt123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Assume this nice piece of code has been mentioned before, but when I didn't have this and had to try and figure cider out, this made it a lot easier:

http://code.google.c...ider-file-maker

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
Latest version now is 3305.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy