Newest Cider version from Gametap

cantstandable

60 posts in this topic

set driver to opengl, and it allows me to run it in a window now properly, works great.

but, for some reason there is HUGE mouse lag now, i move my mouse in one direction, the pointer follows it. feels more like a joystick than a mouse now :(((

why do i have to push it around like that :P

I had about 20 minutes of relaxation today and I tried out Far Cry 1.40 under the 983 version of Cider. I get an awesome mouse response under CrossOver 6.2.0 and no menus but semi crappy mouse response under Cider (983). I'm going to try it out tonight when I get home from my last final. As Cider would be much better than using CrossOver. I have an idea on what it could be.

I will also be testing out a bunch of games really soon. Because now I have all the free time until late January.

^

exactly. mouse/cursor worked great under crossover, but no menus, and crappy (as expected) framerate.

would run fantastic with cider but just have mouse issues

:(

Well, I get it working a little better then it gets worse. It seems to be the X axis and not the Y axis that gets all messed up. I'm going to have to figure this out. I got the EVE Online version of Cider loading Far Cry but it just sits there at the black screen. So I'm going to try a bunch of different version of Cider. Oh man this is just TOO much fun..... But tonight is my relax and party night. So tomorrow will be my full force testing every game I can. There is hope but it's going to be a long haul.

I've been trying a bunch of games and here what I have so far.

Unreal Tournament 3 - I've tried for a little bit but I'm not too worried as they are making a native apple port

Grand Theft Auto San Adreas - Works perfectly. There was a mouse problem in the start of the menu but it works perfectly during the game. Might have an idea why.

Far Cry - I've actually had good results with this. I've had various results with 983 like the mouse working and not working and using Direct3D9 the loading doesn't work at all. OpenGL works just fine but can't get a true fullscreen. Using a older version of Cider the mouse works perfect and using OpenGL fullscreen works. So I'm going to figure out what to do.

Crysis - CrossOver won't install this game but I installed WINE 0.9.50. using the darwinports and I'm hoping that it will work that way. It's saying there are Game DLL files missing and I don't want to figure out which ones, so hopefully this way is easier.

I am kinda new to cider stuff, i managed to get Everquest I running under cider, the BIG Problem is that there are NO FONTS/NO Text in the game, i managed to login blind, gfx is very smooth, mouse is smooth and just like under windows.

I tried to get Fonts working via registry and tried different approached of giving the path in the registry to the fonts

The "nice" thing in everquest is is, you can go into Options Menue and select a Font to use, there is NO FONT at all shown, so the problem really seems to be, that everquest cant "see" any of the fonts in windows/fonts (copied alot of fonts in there)

would be really really great if anyone knew a trick how i get the Fonts problem fixed

Hi there! Could anyone post a detailed step-by-step instructions how I can port Battlefield 2 to Mac OS using Cider?

I have downloaded the newest version of Gametap, copied my whole BF2 directory into Resources/Transgaming/c_drive, modified Gametap's plist so that it points to the /bf2 directory and the bf2.exe. I also exported my whole Windows XP registry using regedit and used it to replace Gametap's system.reg in /HD/Library/Preferences/Gametap Preferences.

When I now try to start Gametap/BF2, the icon jumps in the Dock, it pops up a black screen and then it crashes.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I've been trying a bunch of games and here what I have so far.

Unreal Tournament 3 - I've tried for a little bit but I'm not too worried as they are making a native apple port

Grand Theft Auto San Adreas - Works perfectly. There was a mouse problem in the start of the menu but it works perfectly during the game. Might have an idea why.

Far Cry - I've actually had good results with this. I've had various results with 983 like the mouse working and not working and using Direct3D9 the loading doesn't work at all. OpenGL works just fine but can't get a true fullscreen. Using a older version of Cider the mouse works perfect and using OpenGL fullscreen works. So I'm going to figure out what to do.

Crysis - CrossOver won't install this game but I installed WINE 0.9.50. using the darwinports and I'm hoping that it will work that way. It's saying there are Game DLL files missing and I don't want to figure out which ones, so hopefully this way is easier.

Hi, I have GTA SA ciderized by someone that I took from thepiratebay. Do you know how can I update the cider of this GTA SA.app to this new version that works with mouse?

I copied "Frameworks" and "MacOS" folders from this Oblivion.app and corrected the Version.plist, but now Gta icon justs blinks on the dock and close..

How did you got GTA SA working?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
is it possible to use cider for getting normal windows apps working, and not just games? i'm not having any luck getting this to start up ventrilo even after changing the plist.

The latest wine version 0.9.56 compiles on OS X and works well.

No OpenGL, so don't ask. :P

Wish these linking issues could be worked out as apparently CoD4 runs under latest Wine pretty good. (Yes, I know about the Mac native version coming, but you never know, where's UT3?)

anyone got apps not games to work with Cider? tried for a while to get Ventrilo ported (need it ported so i can use the GSM codec). i got no errors but the cider icon bounced once, hung open, then closed with a normal OSX error message thing. help?

and WINE didnt work well with it either, said there was still a GSM error even tho i placed the codec in the system folder and edited the .ini

I got Morrowind working nicely under Parallels. It uses a launcher app to set some basic settings.

Yep, works fine under Parallels.

Performance's not bad though but it's kinda sad that Oblivion on cider runs better than Morrowind on Parallels.

Anhaedra asked me this, thought I'd post here in case anyone else needs this:

how did you get morrowind to run in parallels? Whenever I try to play it, it crashes as soon as I go into the first building after getting off the boat...

It's been a while now.

Try turning *off* support for DX9 shaders in Parallels VM.

I used the FPS Optimizer to set resolution to 1440x900, and a few other options. It really helped.:

http://www.mwmythicmods.com/MWE.htm#fpsopt_20

You can try using Morrowind Graphic Extender to change resolution and improve details, but I never used this.:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...etail&id=45

(might need DX9 back on for that).

Read this, and get some of the "essential" mods:

http://www.stevemv.com/other/enhancements/...wind/index.html

I loved Better Bodies, Better Heads, some of the official plug ins, and *absolutely* Galsiah's Character Development, which overhauls the levelling process to something I find much nicer:

http://uk.geocities.com/galsiah/

There's a ton of great mods out there too that add nicely to the game without altering the balance too much.

anyone got apps not games to work with Cider?

Cider is ONLY for games that do not display anything in Windows. It doesn't handle games that open a window, or especially applications.

Try Crossover, or Parallels/VMWare Fusion in Convergence mode.

• 3 weeks later...

I got Oblivion to run via the cider trick... Thanks for the help. The graphics where lacking though. Totally washed out and I messed around in oblivion.ini and the config file to try to get the "pretty" graphics, but no go. It looks totally better via BootCamp... just trying to get away from booting windows as much as I can...

If anyone has a working oblivion.ini and config files that has good settings I would be real appreciative for a hook-up -_-

• 1 month later...

I tried all the tips and tricks and the step by step someone else posted, but I can't even get it to run. All I get is "CD-ROM Drive Not Found, Unable to find a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive on this computer." I even tried editing the config file to have D = /Volumes/Oblivion with the disc in the drive.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same difficulty. Things seem to be fine, yet I get a message "CD-ROM Drive Not Found, Unable to find a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive on this computer." when I attempt to run Oblivion.app. I'm using Oblivion 1.1.511 with a No-CD crack, tested to work fine under Windows. Should I update to 1.2?

Thank you.