MacBook (Not Pro) Santa-Rosa Support

Pene

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I tried Input remapper with a MacBook Black 2.2 Santa-Rosa on Vista x64.

1. The brightness control doesn't seem to work (It's an Intel x3100 graphics adapter).

2. The fans control don't respond at all.

3. The keyboard doesn't seem to work (I guess because it's PID_1000 instead of PID_0217).

Could you help me in how to get it working on my system?

Thanks,

Pene

Hi again,

I had a few mistakes in my previous post. Following is the correct information:

1. The brightness does work, it was my mistake.

2. There is one fan in MacBook, and not Two like in MacBook Pro. The Fan doesn't work from InputRemapper. Could you please fix this?

3. My Keyboard ID is PID_022A (I was wrong before). I used a Hex Editor to change this in the file, and now the keyboard works. However, the layout on MacBook is different than on MacBook Pro (less keys, F10-F12 are used to control sound and not F3-F5 like MacBook Pro, and some other changes). This results in a bit odd mapping on MacBook. Any chance you could support MacBook layout?

Waiting forward for your reply.

Best Regards,

Pene

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again,

I had a few mistakes in my previous post. Following is the correct information:

1. The brightness does work, it was my mistake.

2. There is one fan in MacBook, and not Two like in MacBook Pro. The Fan doesn't work from InputRemapper. Could you please fix this?

3. My Keyboard ID is PID_022A (I was wrong before). I used a Hex Editor to change this in the file, and now the keyboard works. However, the layout on MacBook is different than on MacBook Pro (less keys, F10-F12 are used to control sound and not F3-F5 like MacBook Pro, and some other changes). This results in a bit odd mapping on MacBook. Any chance you could support MacBook layout?

Waiting forward for your reply.

Best Regards,

Pene

1. The brightness uses Apple driver for non Radeon x1600. I hope to fix this.

2. Doesn't the control for the left fan work?

3. I think I'm going to place the configuration of the keyboard in an external file so other ppl can create layouts for their hardware. It's a bit hard otherwise, because I don't have a MacBook.

Hello,

I've also bought the new macbook 2.2 and before this I had the older black version, where the input remapper worked perfectly. Now it doesn't however. What file needs changing in hex for it to work like it did for you?

Also, on a sidenote, do you experience sound "hickups" in form of clicks and skips when for instance watching a movie? Seems to be a sounddriver issue, and if so is the case, know where to find better drivers?

Some issues with graphics aswell, know any better drivers?