Free Hot Nude Sex... or how we're going to restructure the forum.

Swad

48 posts in this topic

Wow, great suggestions everyone - keep them coming!

A few thoughts:

1. I love the idea of a File forum, since I think that would help a lot of people. I'm thinking it should be rolled into the Patches forum that we might bring back.

2. kidgoo - A mod thing like slashdot would be difficult to put in place, and poses a problem on a forum like this because good info might get buried if people only look at the top stuff while modding (plus, moderating becomes a huge job). However, I do like the idea of maybe putting in place a reputation system on the forum and seeing what we can do to weed out the bad posts.

3. No the Nude Sex is not my offer. :police:

4. Mr. Bond has good points about Getting Started being redundant. Should we go with a whole separate forum or just a HUGE sticky and a link off the main page? Also, I have the feeling that this would be something where we would ask interested people to help us sort the info and add it - something like 5 people adding info as it comes along. Having a getting start forum would be nice because people would actually go there, so it may be worth the extra space.

5. About subscribing to a thread - that little button up top that allows subscriptions was *ahem* left out of the new skin by the designer. Thus the reason that the skin is still in Beta. We're working on getting that put back in right now, as well as a few more skin fixes to bring it out of beta.

WTF is a Thunderdome? :D

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985)

Thunderdome's simple... I know you won't break the rules . . . there aren't any.

http://www.uselessmoviequotes.com/umq_m019.htm

thunderdome6vf.jpg

*Add a "Real Life and Politics" forum

How about a "Picking up hot and dirty girls on the Internet" subforum? :D

*Add a TwinMac forum for dual booting to go along with the redesigned TwinMac.com

I am not sure where you are going with this but I think fragmenting the site is bad idea for a lot of reasons. In particular, including "booting Windows on EFI-Macs" content on the OSx86Project.org site significantly helps the legal status of this site.

Edited by bofors

All the dual boot/EFI stuff will still be here, but hatoncat gave us twinmac.com to redesign, so we're making it into a dual boot site for the masses. It'll just have dual boot guides, etc. and it'll use this forum, so that we're not fragmenting it, we're just introducing more (and actually integrating better!). Good comments, though, and thanks backing me up on thunderdome!

So what does everyone think? Should the Thunderdome name stay or go?

I like the name Thunderdome but I also know the meaning

For a newbie to the site or our non english visitors they may not understand it but they would understand Off Topic

Exactly, but I did not even suspect there was a story behind "Microsoft Bob" either, I just happened to look at that thread. I mean, I thought it was just something Mashugly made up.

But if the current sub-title doesn't make Thunderdome perfectly clear, forget it.

Thunderdome: The "Anything Else" forum. If it can be posted, and even if not - it goes here.
Edited by bofors

All the dual boot/EFI stuff will still be here, but hatoncat gave us twinmac.com to redesign, so we're making it into a dual boot site for the masses. It'll just have dual boot guides, etc. and it'll use this forum, so that we're not fragmenting it, we're just introducing more (and actually integrating better!).

Sounds good, now how about some swag? :D

(I want OSx86 case stickers, hats and t-shirts.)

@Mashugly: Thunderdome is great, see my edit above, just put a sticky thread at the top of it that explains the origin of the name "Thunderdome" for the curious and confused.

Edited by bofors

Yeah...I do like the Thunderdome name....I say keep it!

And Mash, last time I checked TwinMac was more focused on getting current Hackintoshes to dualboot with their windows. Are we going to expand that to Apple Macintels as well?

BTW...my thinking for the forums...

Apple

>> Front Page

>> Opinons

>> OSX

Subs >> Show Off (Not a real name, just combining Benchmarks and Customize, Mods), Hardware, Apps/Gaming

>> Development

Sub >> Betas/Releases

>> Apple Help/Support

Installation

>> Macintels

>> Beige Boxes

>> EFI (Temp.)

Discuss And Learn

>> Non-English

>> Windows

>> *Nix

>> Feedback

>> Thunderdome (Jokes, Random)

>> Marketplace

That's just my opinion...feel to cut it up, re-arrange it, what ever you'd like. Note how the Developers Forum is moved and combined, The genius bar removed (There's the Wiki! :D ), the combination of the Mods, Benchmarks, and Customize forums as well...

One more thing...

Now the OSx86 site admins might want to ignore this, but some of us here are concerned about the future of Simon's Win2OSX forum.

I think it will be wise to continue to support an independent DMCA-free forum that overlaps technical content and "development" work with this (or now these?) sites.

However, Win2OSX has been down for over a week at a critical time and I have seen no posts here by Simon indicating what is going on. Just this IRC "rumor" about getting a new host.

If Simon is no longer interested in running the Win2OSX forum, a number of us wish to see it transfered to a new administrator and perhaps can raise some money to support that effort.

If anybody here has more information about the Win2OSX, is contact with Simon or may be interested in adminstrating a forum like Win2OSX, perhaps it would be best to just PM me instead of taking this thread off-topic.

:D

Edited by bofors

Ok,

Je ne regrette rien :D Like mashugly said, kinda keep Thunderdome, but adding an (Off-Topic) to it in some

way would be nice and helpful maybe.

I also agree and think it would be a good idea to split it up for MacIntel and OSX *fast*. So you can take the

switchers with you that are already here plus having a good basis for new users of the new MacTels. Also, I

think there are benefits for both parts, PC and Mactel, to have it all under one roof. This would be the one and only try

before buy ressource :D

A problem could be the file-linking from here. We do not want link to rapidshare and torrent sites due to the

digital somekinda millennium act. And thats ok. We need this site and everybody wants to keep it up for

several reasons, like community, help, tutorials, news, and of course the Free Hot Nude Sex :angry: .

No seriously, there is no such ressource other than here on the whole web. It is an institution. :) But

sometimes it is difficult without an external ressource like win2osx. So maybe there is somewhere another

*stabile* site that is interested in some co-operation here.

Or maybe win2osx gets stabile atm, because afaik they are just switching the server. that would be the best

solution.

Edited by xtraa

I like the idea of a "File Section" (divided in subclasses?) that you can access right away without having to search through the topics first to get to the file (or not)...

People attaching files in their replies can then first store their files in the file section and then make a reference to this in their reply...

And of course: once we have a file section a "spotlight" on this section would be nice also :)

Just my thoughts!

Keep up the great work you're doing with this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, after much careful thought, here's what I'm working with right now:

Discuss and Learn.

Front Page News

The Genius Bar (Start Here)

- File Folder

Apple Opinions and Discussion

Windows Discussion

*nix Discussion

Mods and Overclocking

Internet(s), Servers, and Networks

Reviews and Recommendations

Apple.

The Mac Forum

- OS X

- TwinMac (Dual Booting)

The PC Forum

- OS X Installation

- Patches Fixes, and Tweaks

Hardware

- Drivers

Applications

Gaming

Customizing your Mac

Mac Development

- Betas

- Collaborate

iEverything (Apple Multimedia)

Apple Help and Support

Random.

The OSx86 Project

- Forum Announcements

- Feedback

- Site Bugs

Real Life

The Marketplace

Non-English Forum.

Thunderdome (General Discussion)

Laughs

A few notes:

-Development is collapsed into one forum

-Genius Bar becomes "Getting Started" place with guides, reviews gets its own forum

-New iEverything name

-"The Net" becomes "Internet(s), Servers, and Networks"

-New Site Bugs forum, along with announcements and feedback under The OSx86 Project

-New Real Life forum

What do you think?

I think thats a lot of forums! Apple Help and Support is a bit redundant - all the other forums under apple cover everything so i'd ditch that.

You may also want to subdivide the OSX86 Project forum into a problems installing (efi issue discussion etc) and problems running (application support etc)

Other than that it looks pretty well organised.

A few people seem to be against the idea of real macs featuring prominently on the site - i don't know if there afraid it will diminish the amount of pc related hacking but I think the more people the better so real Mac owners should be encouraged to come here aswell

Yeah 0uch!p0tat0, let me address the whole "bringing real mac members here" thing because you raise a great point. As you know, we have gotten a lot of traffic recently from real Mac owners needing info on dual booting their new Macintels. The fact is that the site has turned into THE site to go to for all Intel Mac related stuff, which is really an honor. We can't turn them away because they need the info we've got, and to be honest they've got expertise and opinions that can benefit our forum. If we just restricted this site to people who hacked the OS, our base of information to draw from would be pretty small and the forum would become pretty ineffective at anything pointing people to patches.

Secondly, though, this site was established as a place to talk about everything Macintel related, not just the hacking aspect. Since the Macintels weren't released, we couldn't really talk about them until just now, but we've seen that there is a HUGE need to talk about those things as well. By opening our forum to all, we allow it to become better for all.

But don't worry - instead of giving the OSx86 discussion less importance, we're actually making it better and easier with the Genius Bar and File Folder, among other things.

So that's the justification. Back to the reorg discussion...

I agree that the Apple Help forum could probably be eliminated. And as far as having a "running OSx86 forum," that's what main "The PC Forum" would become, with installation as a sub.

Along with other suggestions, btw, how are the names? We'll be doing this this weekend, so speak up soon!

Hehe....that's why you run the site, and I don't Mash :D

That layout sounds good....the only thing I'm afraid of, is having too many forums. It might make it a bit hard to navigate. But other than that, it seems to be pretty spot on.

And 0uch!p0tat0: EFI discussion will take place under the TwinMac sub, I'm assuming. An offical EFI thread will probably crop up.

True Takuro....I think Mash want's to try for some integration with the actual TwinMac site, though...

He could specify underneath it, in that little blurb, which group it pertains to. That is, Macintels trying to dual with Windows(EFI related, and whatnot), or Hackintoshes trying to dual with OSX/Windows.

Hi,

I hope this is not off-topic, but I noticed three technical problems with the forum.

First is, that under Windows, if you click on "show all smileys" in Firefox, it gives you

a fullscreen, and when you go back, no edited message is cached.

Second is, that my safari is glitching very often. But really, i think I am sure that this

only happens in the forum.

And the search results in Safari as well as the "go" button next to "today" are

drifting right out of the window (bad explained, but I hope you understand what I

mean)

And the messages are not stored in "sent" and there is no "outgoing" PM.

I also think the search is hard to find, and it is not easy to access. So i would second

takuro on his suggestion.

Lol - you're right, that was slightly off topic xtraa, but it's still good info. Thanks for letting us know. And yeah Takuro, I would probably have something like "Dual Booting - A TwinMac Forum" or something like that. I'll give that some thought.

Oh, and one other thing. While it seems like a lot of forums, it'll be virtually the same as the current number, just in different places an extra sub or two. Hopefully much easier to get around in. But I need your opinions before the end of the week when we actually do this!

Bump (and double post - I know, but hey, I run this place :P), since we're going to do this this weekend! I need all your suggestions ASAP!

Edited by Mashugly

Do you mean a sort of Link's forum?

If you mean resources, as in other sites, guides and files, the Wiki has pretty much all of this already. Besides, the Genius Bar is supposed to be the hub for all new users to the site, the place where they can easily get FAQ's and Tutorials, if I'm not mistaken.