Free Hot Nude Sex... or how we're going to restructure the forum.

Swad

48 posts in this topic

Sorry, but I knew the easiest way to get people to look at this thread was with a title like this! :hysterical:

While we're talking about splitting the OS X forum in this thread, I thought I'd take this opportunity to see what you thought about our forum structure - what you'd change, what you like, etc. :construction:

A few things we're going to change in the upcoming weeks:

*Add a TwinMac forum for dual booting to go along with the redesigned TwinMac.com

*I'm thinking about rolling all of the Mac Development forums into a single forum and moving it to the Apple section.

*Add a "Real Life and Politics" forum

Tell us what you think here!

Edit: I'm moving this to the Front Page News (which gets more views) since it's so important.

DEAR MASH..

if i can also help about any kinda subjects..i would really be helping about anything you need to ..even i am not a hacker..programmer..etc...etc... but there must be something i can help i guess...

and as an advice...OSX86 PROJECT must work as a portal i guess..more than a forum ..because it isa already a big thing...

you may try mambo ..i guess and it has lite versions ..and it is free

Thanks teeching. For the record, we already use mambo, but I'd like for this thread to focus on the actual forum itself.

Another idea I've been mulling around - having a "Getting Started" forum where mods and admins would place guides to getting started, faqs, etc, so that maybe we can cut down on getting the same questions over and over again.

What do you think?

there are a finite number of questions asked again and again by noobs.

this "Getting Started" forum shouldn't allow replies or questions, it should be "definitive".

a form or method of presentation of the questions and answers should be defined, for easy creation of the help guides, and consistency and searchability. mmm, i mean, it would really be a big find, cut and paste job, the answers are already here buried in the forums. so a form is neccesary.

a "dropbox" subforum could be opened, where knowledgeable people could deposit answers to these questions as they come across them when their time and interest permits. then the administrators of this site could go through the posts and place them in the new "Getting Started" forum.

there would be a gradual accumulation of well ordered facts, contributed by many, rather than a huge effort by a few.

(i just woke up, hope this makes sense. :hysterical: might do some editing of this post in a couple hours. )

I think you should split the forum considering what information people search or want to share and mainly we're talking here about OSX on PC and now also Windows on Mac (definitly 2005 - 2006 are interesting years)

I would split the forum like that :

* News (for important new and announcement for example Apple buy Microsoft :hysterical:, or Steve Jobs hired by Microsoft, etc )

* Mac OS X on PC, with sub forums :

- installation

- hardware issue

- software issue

- perhaps other things like unibin dev

* Windows on Mac, with only one subforum for now : installation

* Everything else group

- Apple opinion

- The great life of my cat

- Add everything you want here

BTW, great job for everything made until now, and thanks a lot for maintaning this site alive :gathering:

Edit : replaced "Windows on PC" by "Windows on Mac" (!!)

I presume you mean "Windows on Mac" not "Windows on PC". But other than that i think thats a really well structured forum set up and gets my vote.

I also like the idea of a Getting Started Forum.

I like zerozerosix idea very well. Also the "getting Started" forum.

Maybe one focus of osx86project.org should be helping the users fast and simple.

I'm on this forum since a week and maybe my start-story could help you:

I was new to the whole Macx86 thing and founded the wiki.osx86project.org and this was a monster-help to getting the first osX to run.

But there were some questions i got and i looked in the forum. First, i was looking for the correct forum to post my questions about a problem with a running osX86. First I was confused by these patches and the different versions (well, I'm not 100% on it but that's not the thing). I didn't even know which version I have :S and maybe I'm not cool, beacause I'm using an old version :D

So maybe a structure like zerozerosix posted would be nice. Also if there are threads with questions about a problem, for example a not workig program, and this problem could be solved, this thread should be made sticky and postet in the wiki. Maybe a subforum "Know Issus/Problems" could be created and all solved problems could be moved there!

So there are not always the same questions and an user don't has to search the forum over and over again. He can look for the sticky or in the wiki under the guide where links could be added to problems know with this version/guide.

wiki and forum would be more interlaced and there could be more :gathering:

Maybe you like my idea!

Greetings,

G-Man

Another idea I've been mulling around - having a "Getting Started" forum where mods and admins would place guides to getting started, faqs, etc, so that maybe we can cut down on getting the same questions over and over again.

What do you think?

I'm all in favor of this, I have answered the same questions dozens of time.

Another idea would be to place a sticky post to all forums and state what each forum is for and include links to FAQ, install guides etc... Have the subject say something like IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING or something like that.

I would split the forum like that :

* News (for important new and announcement for example Apple buy Microsoft :), or Steve Jobs hired by Microsoft, etc )

* Mac OS X on PC, with sub forums :

- installation

- hardware issue

- software issue

- perhaps other things like unibin dev

* Windows on Mac, with only one subforum for now : installation

* Everything else group

- Apple opinion

- The great life of my cat

- Add everything you want here

I really like this idea... the forums index needs to be condensed better..... I also really like the "getting started" thread... could put one of these in both the Mac OS X on PC forum and the Windows on Mac forum.

One thing I think would be great would be a "Files" forum in each of those forums... a place for people to post the patches and kexts they've developed... (not the install images of course). It seems a lot of the posts are requests for patches or files that are allowed in these forums, but buried in various threads.

Edited by phor2zero

Hi,

New topics are OSX on a Mac-Intel, and Windows on a Mac-Intel. Although very interesting, I hope these new topics won't take most of the attention from the first one.

A new forum setup would help. I am not very good at thinking up structures, but this is what I feel is important.

Mike

PS: I love your News button. I check it every day.

New topics are OSX on a Mac-Intel, and Windows on a Mac-Intel. Although very interesting, I hope these new topics won't take most of the attention from the first one.

A new forum setup would help. I am not very good at thinking up structures, but this is what I feel is important.

Yes i would like to second that. Both parts could participate from each other.

And if i could make a suggestion:

WTF is a Thunderdome? :D Why not simply name it Off-Topic. I mean, non native speakers like me will get

strange ideas with reading "Thunderdome". For example, I know "Thunderdome" as a kiddie-TV show for

popmusic. I think a good ol' solid :D Off-Topic would be much easier to find, and would be positive for the

community.

But to stay on topic: Where exactly is the free Hot Nude Sex :)

Edited by xtraa

Please make it easier to "track this topic" or "subscribe to this topic." The only way I know of is to reply and then "enable e-mail notification of replies." This is very easy on most boards. Why is it so hard on this one? It probably is easy but I still can't find it, nor could many others I spoke with in another thread.

Thanks.

The "Getting Started" section seems like a good idea. IMO, it is kind of redundant though, since most of the guides and whatnot lie in the wiki. A better idea might be to have a stickied topic that provides the most commonly asked questions, and links to guides/solutions, either on the Wiki or other places in the forum. In my mind, there's not really any other need for yet another sub!

Problem is, no-one ever reads the stickied threads....unless we named them all like this :police:

Is that free hot nude sex an offer Mash? :D

What I hate to see are all the wasted news that can't be crawled by bots because your front page and articles aren't SEF :police:. You should add an SEF component iMO.

Bots crawl the main pages for news, and the forum has the low-fi version, so most bots crawl it perfectly fine. Not really an issue.

One of the most annoying things about such a busy forum is the awful signal to noise ratio...lots of good information gets hidden away. I know this is asking for a good bit of hacking with the forum app itself, but it would be great if there were some way to filter out posts within a specific thread so that only "worthwhile" posts can be displayed...

Possible ways of filtering:

* A moderation system similar to slashdot's.

* A points system so that posts by older accounts or accounts with most posts gets more weight. You could also base points of number of quotes a certain post receives, number of watchers, etc...

* Democratic free-for-all ranking of specific posts (not threads)

Personally, I lean toward the points system with some elements of the peer- and self-moderation...

Even when searching, the results are so many and only vaguely accurate...

As a sort of side-effect of implementing a filtering system, the search function would instantly become much more useful, assuming filtering support was added...

Edited by kidgoo