• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

BionicRage

BionicRage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hey if i installed EFI then vanilla kernel, how do i then go about intalling windows xp 32bit so i can dual boot? ye ai know why would i use windows? i still got some 3d applications that are avaliable on OSX yet.

Vinnie-The-Phoo

Vinnie-The-Phoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hi Gordo,

I see you have a ATI 2600 Pro card ? where can I find the drivers for 10.5.2 ? and does your QE/CI work ?

Thanx

Vince

I was having trouble with kernel_task running away with me and decided to try a clean install using leoforallv3 since I saw a post suggesting GUID would install correctly on a badaxe2 that way. I started out with MBR and a kalyway10.5.2 install and kernel_task was taking up 80% of one core all the time.

The good news is the the clean install seems to have fixed the kernel_task problem (mostly - still comes up occasionally but a reboot fixes it). I'm now running vanilla kernel, AppleHDA patched sound, 2600PRO all fine. leoforallv3 didn't succeed in getting me a bootable GUID partition but that was simply fixed by setting the OSX partition bootable with fdisk.

The problems are that my internal harddrive shows up as a yellow external disk and the ATA DVD burner doesn't show up in OSX at all (I am running with AHCI enabled in bios). Any suggestions?

Thanks

dodo

dodo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
is it possible to install retail dvd install on BADAXE2 Mobo with GUID partition?

i have try everything but it's not booting i did F10 to make sure i am booting from the rite partition.
but it go boot from my kalyway.

1 install EFI make my drive active
2 install retail dvd
any idea or suggestion?

thanks in advance

YES it works 10.5.5 retail in the progress of geeting 10.5.6 working.

oddbrawl

oddbrawl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I'm having trouble finding my USB drive in terminal. I made sure everything was typed correctly.

Could the software that comes with the USB drive be interfering?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy