iPod Touch or iPod Classic

ToA

23 posts in this topic

Hey, For christmas i want a new iPod, I currently have a 5gen. I have 8gbs of music, and 2gbs or so of video, im not really for "picking what music i want to go on my ipod" and my library will most likely grow...

I like the iPod touch cause it's more than just an iPod, the touch ability, the design, ect ect.

But the size is a problem, 16 gb i mean.

or i can get a classic, it has more space...and stuff...

help?

Get a Classic. The Touch looks nice, but is not functional because of the maximum size vs. price (16GB for $400 vs. 80GB for $250), and also because you can't adjust the volume while the Touch is in your pocket. You have to pull it out of your pocket, hold down the Home button, then adjust a slider to adjust the volume. With a Classic you just put your hand into your pocket, roll you finger over the click wheel and you're done.

Ipod Classic. Well mainly because of the 80gig hardrive and since i would hate to have to decide between my 20gigs of music. I don't care if it lags as some might say, but the ipod touch has pointless features that i would never use, but i would jailbreak it if i had one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a classic... I had to do the same desicioun like you.

but I choosed the Classic because of my 30 gigs music.

A friend of mine has a touch. Realy, its nice to "play" around with you tube or internet. but it's annoying if you've got the touch in your pocket and you want to change the song, volume...

I picked the classic and would never change...

I've got a Classic and the only thing I don't like about it is the encrypted firmware that doesn't let me replace it with rockbox T_T. I have 37~ GB of music and some videos, also I test OSX updates with a copy of my system and carry anything I need between home and work.

I've got an iPod touch, jailbreaked with the iPhone apps and all. It's like an iPDA, best gadget i've ever used.

Go for the Touch. :P

Same here, go for the touch

I ended up choosing the Touch, and once it's jailbroken it's fantastic! It's like a mini Mac almost! However, if you decide to go with the Classic, I would recommend taking a look at the Zune 80. It's got a larger screen and such. Sure iTunes is better, but you can always buy music and strip the DRM or just get your music from 'other' sources.

im getting the classic for xmas i cant wait

i choose the classic because i have 30gbs of music 4gbs of podcasts and like a 1gb of videos and i hate having to pick my music i have been using a 256mb stick since my 20gb mp3 broke and its been hell.

i think the touch looks nice but its just a toy really if you want it just for the big screen and jailbreak just get the iphone

• 2 months later...

I have 35GB of music, and I chose the touch. It is a sexy toy, and yea it only holds 8 or 16gb but honestly, who needs more music than that, your battery would drain before you could get through 80gb of music anyways, so you could just sync on the music you havent listened to yet.

I also have a iPod Nano 2nd gen, which I use for the gym and such.

Choice is yours but the touch is great!

Get a touch, I used to have a second gen 15Gb ipod and rarely filled that up, and you can do so much more with a jailbroken touch than the classic.

The only real reason I could have for the larger capacity classic is to use it as a portable hard drive, which I do miss being able to do with the touch.

It is always good to bump an old thread.. :D

I would go for the iTouch, because it is great with MultiTouch, design and iPhone apps.

You can always use your 5G iPod for big files if you wanted.

Think Mark

• 1 month later...

iPod touch! Best ipod I ever owned, and the stuff you can do with it (jailbroken or the upcoming SDK)

There's aa 32GB out now as well, it's slim, and it is durable. My screen has no scratches on it and I've dropped it ALOT.

Same here, go for the touch <3

I ended up choosing the Touch, and once it's jailbroken it's fantastic! It's like a mini Mac almost! However, if you decide to go with the Classic, I would recommend taking a look at the Zune 80. It's got a larger screen and such. Sure iTunes is better, but you can always buy music and strip the DRM or just get your music from 'other' sources.

Thirded. I have an 8GB iPod touch and it's the best device I ever purchased. And they now have the 32GB iPod touch, which should satisfy your appetite in the meantime. Plus, ZiPhone now properly jailbreaks the 16/32GB models, and with the new Pwnage tool, you can customize your firmware to your liking.

I could never see myself with a Zune or a iPod Classic, I love to customize my electronics, and the iPod touch was right for me. <3

Why not get a touch for the apps and a nano for the listening simplicity when you don't need all the extras.

That's a huge waste of money. You can buy a touch for $100 more and get double the size of the nano, plus all of the touch features.

Why not get a touch for the apps and a nano for the listening simplicity when you don't need all the extras.

That makes no sense since the touch also has the iPod and Video apps... Syncing two devices is a pain...

• 5 months later...