Booting installation DVD using PC EFI

satan_himself

71 posts in this topic

Hi, now i've traslated the script in english (maybe not brillant).

The script works on Original DVD.

I make few modify and now the Extensions.mkext is rebuild in automatic at the end of process of dvd patch.

Good luck.......

Thank's to ALL.................

p.s.

Put all files from folder dvd-patch-eng on desktop.......

Thanks for the effort.

I think it would be a good idea to replace the com.Apple.Boot.plist file with a timeout and -v flag, in case of any kernel panics or errors, it could be done in the kext-patch.sh script.

I made a DVD using this new script, and installed the system. Works well. Only problem is the root folders that are supposed to be hidden end up being visible (var, volumes, bin, etc). Solved that using Xray to make them all hidden. I think this happened because the installer fails right at the end when it tries to set the drive bootable. Maybe it also sets the permissions etc at the same time?

Sometimes when you copy a hidden file or folder it did not preserve that attribute, you can set ti if you have XCode tools installed, or by making a text file named .hidden containing which files you want to hide. you need this files in each directory where you want to hide files.

flibblesan do you start the script kext-patch.sh because this script after have copied the files and recreate mkext will repair permission ??....

Thank's

Yes. As soon as the installations produces the error regarding making the disk bootable, I open terminal and run the kext-patch.sh

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there a step by step guide for getting this to work? I too would also like a "retail" dvd with EFI integrated... I suppose since so many people want the exact same thing that there's probably already an ISO floating around... anyone care to tell me where? ;)

Well...is there? :rolleyes: we would all know by now, wouldn't you just implement the patch method, if not go with a prepatched. when i think of retail DVD i think of a purchased leopard retail, and patched? is that what you're referring to?

• 2 weeks later...
i'm having issues with these scripts.

whenever it gets to the line:

bblocks=`hdiutil pmap boot.iso | awk '/Apple_ISO/ { print $5 }'`

nothing happens, and hdiutil uses about 95% cpu, and sits. What could I be doing wrong?

Same for me, it just hangs. I even let it run overnight, it still didn't finish. I am using mWMA's original script. When it hangs, the title bar of terminal says "awk", so the problem is probably in that part of the line.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the newbieness of this post, but i am pretty lost.

i have two images on my desktop right now, both read/write, one is TOH (what i am running now) and the other is a virgin os x image that i have a read write privledges to.

i've deleted, the xcode folder, languages and printer drivers, i have plenty of room to add files and fit it still on a single layer dvd

i do not know exactly what files to replace, i've read the entirety of both forms posts mentioned at the beggining of this thread.

is there a way to find what files i need to add to my custom dvd, from my CURRENT installation? other than just dumping them off of the TOH image?the reason i ask is because i couldn't get TOH 10.5.0 RC2 to boot, unless i had already installed JAS 10.4.6 which wouldn't boot. (i discovered this combo worked on my machine by chance mistake of forgetting to ERASE the drive before trying TOH's installer...

i can follow instructions and i understand the basics , but there is just two much infro spread out on these forums.

so does anybody have a more in-depth how to? i feel so lost.

p.s.

oh and if anyone knows the answer to why i can not use EFI for somereason (i have a P4 but it's spec list SSE2 and SSE3 compatibility) i would be grateful for your time to hit reply :-D

Well...is there? :thumbsup_anim: we would all know by now, wouldn't you just implement the patch method, if not go with a prepatched. when i think of retail DVD i think of a purchased leopard retail, and patched? is that what you're referring to?

I have a retail dvd of Leopard, but I want to make a version of it that automatically installs pc_efi, dsmos, etc. Right now I am running this via dmg image install from a secondary installation. It works great, but it's very time consuming and requires an extra drive. I only want this because the kalyway release doesn't work very well for me (sleep hangs) while my way of installing from a retail disc works fine.

i'm having issues with these scripts.

whenever it gets to the line:

bblocks=`hdiutil pmap boot.iso | awk '/Apple_ISO/ { print $5 }'`

nothing happens, and hdiutil uses about 95% cpu, and sits. What could I be doing wrong?

Known bug with 10.5.2 hdiutil command. Its in their bug database so assume it'll be fixed with 10.5.3. I had to work around it using hdiutil pmap2 but the formating is all different so its not a simple replacement.

Known bug with 10.5.2 hdiutil command. Its in their bug database so assume it'll be fixed with 10.5.3. I had to work around it using hdiutil pmap2 but the formating is all different so its not a simple replacement.

I guess I'll be re-installing os x then. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Dense, do you think you could post your replacement? I want to make a new image, but I don't want to reinstall os x again.

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys,

I'm having a hard time trying to get my new Hackintosh working... I can't get the sound to work and whilst my eVGA 9800 GTX+ will produce an image at 1360 x 768, it won't work at the 1080p that is meant to be the native resolution of my LCD tv... or any other resolution.

I was wondering, could anyone please confirm HOW to install kexts using PC EFI (just to make sure i'm doing it right)?

Also, could anyone suggest any kexts that might work? I have tried: NVEnambler 64 & NVinject for the graphics (in both extra and system) and i've tried VoodooHDA & HDAEnabler + LegacyHDA for the sound.

Thankx in advance guys,

-TheAgapist

PS. I'm running the PC EFI for snow leopard.

Hey Guys,

I'm having a hard time trying to get my new Hackintosh working... I can't get the sound to work and whilst my eVGA 9800 GTX+ will produce an image at 1360 x 768, it won't work at the 1080p that is meant to be the native resolution of my LCD tv... or any other resolution.

I was wondering, could anyone please confirm HOW to install kexts using PC EFI (just to make sure i'm doing it right)?

Also, could anyone suggest any kexts that might work? I have tried: NVEnambler 64 & NVinject for the graphics (in both extra and system) and i've tried VoodooHDA & HDAEnabler + LegacyHDA for the sound.

Thankx in advance guys,

-TheAgapist