iPod Touch or iPhone?

homers

17 posts in this topic

Hi

For christmas I am going to get either an iPod touch 16GB or a iPhone. I live in the UK. I can get the iPOd Touch for £209 of ebayUK.

I already have a phone(K800i) which I think is great.

What do you think I should get?

Thanks

Hi

For christmas I am going to get either an iPod touch 16GB or a iPhone. I live in the UK. I can get the iPOd Touch for £209 of ebayUK.

I already have a phone(K800i) which I think is great.

What do you think I should get?

Thanks

iPod Touch, it will go nicely with a phone that has 3G

Hmm, evenly matched. I still think I will go with the 16GB iPod Touch as I really like my current phone and I would need to get the iPhone unlocked and I don't see any real benefit over the Touch because I would not use the portable internet.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a touch for Christmas because I have Verizon and absolutely hate AT&T. But I can easily see the limitations the touch has compared to the phone, and it is a pain in the ass to carry around an LG ENV and my touch. If I had had AT&T or iPhone was available through Verizon, I would have totally bought an iPhone... And if it ever becomes available through Verizon, I will definitely be getting it as soon as it hits the shelves. This thing is the best and most convenient gadget I have ever used. The only was it could be better is if it had the phone... Get the iPhone.

@Colonel, whats wrong with AT&T, when you getting the best gadget in the world?

Best gadget != best network.

I would rather have seen Apple choose T-Mobile or Verizon Wireless over AT&T. For one, the coverage is far better. As I keep saying, I have an LG VX-8500 Chocolate phone on VZW, and the coverage I had everywhere I went was always superior to AT&T and even Sprint. The only one that had as great of coverage as VZW was T-Mobile. My friends and I mallrat frequently, and I constantly see people having to go outside for coverage, where I can just keep on walking with my phone.

Also, I prefer EVDO over EDGE any day.

Now, LG has the Voyager on the market, and although I like LG, I do not personally like the Voyager. However, that's not suffice to say that it wont give the iPhone a run for it's money. In the few weeks that it's been out, I have seen a huge increase in consumers purchasing one, and I see one in the wild probably about the same that I see the iPhone. Which says a lot really. I don't personally like the phone because of its formfactor (I am far too used to my iPod touch), but again, that's just a personal preference.

I honestly think that if Apple and VZW had partnered up, the iPhone would have been far better.

Aside from that, I don't intend to purchase an iPhone because I already have an iPod touch, and on top of that, my Chocolate can do more than the iPhone can as far as SMS and MMS is concerned, out of the box, no updates needed. For the rest, I have my iPod touch for. (Amen for being jailbroken.) The iPhone is still playing catch up on features that should have been there from the start.