Change Mac OS X Version easily

JSn1™

38 posts in this topic

UPDATE: NEW VERSION 2.0

I was trying to install iWork and iLife, but Mac won't install on 10.4.8, basically, the system is the same, we just needed to change a few strings to make the computer think it has 10.4.10 or so.

I created this utility that will allow you to easily change the version number to:

- etc...

Also, I made an utility to fix your Apple logo if you have another one from the distro you installed.

Have Fun!

NEW WORKING DOWNLOAD LINK, ##DOWNLOAD HERE##

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its not going to happen. There are too many dependencies within the leopard Finder and Dock for it to run under Tiger. I just installed Liger by spiderlama and shapeshifter and its pretty nice looking, albeit not completely like leopard.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HEY GUYS!

So... this is a little question I have.

I have Leopard 10.5.2 installed on my System and there's a nice little program I want to run that requires 10.5.3.

So, I remembered this program and thought that it should do the trick.

Has there been a newer version released to do such a thing that would work on leopard? Or, could I just make my own little version package of my own in there?

I guess what I'm asking is, does this work on Leopard at all? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys

I used this to install ilife 09 in Tiger 10.4.8.

Now I found a way to update to 10.4.11 but I am not sure if it says 10.4.11 because the update worked or because I had hacked it before.

How can I be sure?

Note: I updated it withouth changing kernel so I am still using the kernel from 10.4.8 (intel sse2).

Thanks

• 2 years later...