Guide+Support; to installing EFI v8+ dual booting(Pics)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

wildjohn

wildjohn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i am already booting from leodvdwhen i finish i will give feedback and my specs too(thanks again for the fastest response ever)wish me luck!!!

Edit
when i enter this
dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

i get
dd: /dev/disk1: Resousce busy
is this right to show?

ps.disk1s2 is my disk i want to install

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

i am already booting from leodvdwhen i finish i will give feedback and my specs too(thanks again for the fastest response ever)wish me luck!!!
Edit
when i enter this

dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

i get
dd: /dev/disk1: Resousce busy
is this right to show?

ps.disk1s2 is my disk i want to install

You need to UNMOUNT all the partitions on that drive of disk utility and unmount them all

AND please be patient and dont pm me right after you post. Its not like i wont see there is a new post in my thread...

wildjohn

wildjohn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You need to UNMOUNT all the partitions on that drive of disk utility and unmount them all

I dont know if this was the problem but i unmounted all the drives that i have in my pc (3 internals SATA and one external USB) and it worked
waiting for the installation to finish right now

AND please be patient and dont pm me right after you post. Its not like i wont see there is a new post in my thread...

Sometimes i catch my self acting like a ten year old
you are absolutely right
my mistake...

won't happen again
thanks again for your time to reply

weaksauce12

weaksauce12

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

You should be able to do a clean install with out installing anything but the EFI and leopard

No Kalyway disc?
No applesmbios?
No dsmos?

Just Brazil + EFI?? :)

redratfish

redratfish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
hello need your help in put the codes manually from your tutorial but some how when i reboot , darwin wont load up. all i get is black screen and blinking __
i also tried your script. same thing.
the harddrive is a new sata 230gig
regards

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

hello need your help in put the codes manually from your tutorial but some how when i reboot , darwin wont load up. all i get is black screen and blinking __
i also tried your script. same thing.
the harddrive is a new sata 230gig
regards

Tell me exactly what you did so i can better help you

wildjohn

wildjohn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well this is my report:

I formatted my Disk (its a 80GB Samsung SATA drive)
I installed the EFI from the terminal (only thing here is that i didn't reformat when my first problem showed up instead i unmounted all the disks and typed the commands from the beginning)
I installed the Leopard
BUT when i tried to boot from the disk the screen shows up grey for a second and reboots

Any ideas?

I have a p5w dh deluxe mobo, Intel Core Duo E6400 (2,13 Ghz), 3 GB Ram, 1 WD 2500KS (250 GB with vista in), 1 Samsung 80 GB (Where i am trying to install Leopard), 1 Seagate 80 GB (empty), 1 WD MyBook 320 GB USB (Storage), Sapphire ATI HD2600 Pro and Sound on Board

I hope these will help

THANK YOU

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
This is your first hackintosh right?
Try the post patching just to see if you can boot if you cant still then your board doesn't support EFI

wildjohn

wildjohn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Weli my first hackintosh was a tiger release of Jas back in the days of 10.4.6 and it was more simple (just selecting the appropriate patch from the customize menu)

by postpatching you mean the guide of onetrack yes?

is there any difference from the guide that brazilmac did? (if you know of course)
because he had a p5wdh board too

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Weli my first hackintosh was a tiger release of Jas back in the days of 10.4.6 and it was more simple (just selecting the appropriate patch from the customize menu)

by postpatching you mean the guide of onetrack yes?

is there any difference from the guide that brazilmac did? (if you know of course)
because he had a p5wdh board too

I dont think he installed EFI though..

wildjohn

wildjohn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am calling off for the night its 3:00 and i have to wake up at 6:00

i will try tomorrow after work

Thank you for your time. Good night

redratfish

redratfish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
i unmount the GUID drive use info to get the patition ID
then edit your script like this

#!/bin/sh

IFS=$'\n' # important!
PATCH="/Users/troy/Desktop/pc_efi_v72" # path to EFI v 7.2
EFI="/dev/rdisk2s2" # the drive for EFI
DRIVE="/dev/disk2s2" # drive where EFI is

i ran it every thing went fine press y to reboot
when the drive boots all i get is a black screen with blinking __
regards

my board is asus p5w-dh

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

i unmount the GUID drive use info to get the patition ID
then edit your script like this

#!/bin/sh

IFS=$'\n' # important!
PATCH="/Users/troy/Desktop/pc_efi_v72" # path to EFI v 7.2
EFI="/dev/rdisk2s2" # the drive for EFI
DRIVE="/dev/disk2" # drive where EFI is

i ran it every thing went fine press y to reboot
when the drive boots all i get is a black screen with blinking __
regards

my board is asus p5w-dh

i corrected it in your post above ^

redratfish

redratfish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
if i could give you a big fat hug i would. it worked like a charm. thanks very much. and for all the effort you put in to this method . regards

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Your welcome :)

joelones

joelones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I can confirm that this method does not work on a bad axe 2.

I am unable to use a guid formatted drive on this motherboard. I have tried both 7.2 and 7.3. It does not boot from the guid drive at all. On a couple weird occasions I got the

/com.apple.boot.plist couldnt be found -

error and it stopped there. Weird, now I don't get that message and it simply does not boot at all.

I have tried to tweak some settings in the bios:
ATA / IDE Mode to both Native / Legacy and Configure SATA as IDE / AHCI - still no go!

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

I can confirm that this method does not work on a bad axe 2.

I am unable to use a guid formatted drive on this motherboard. I have tried both 7.2 and 7.3. It does not boot from the guid drive at all. On a couple weird occasions I got the error and it stopped there. Weird, now I don't get that message and it simply does not boot at all.

I have tried to tweak some settings in the bios:
ATA / IDE Mode to both Native / Legacy and Configure SATA as IDE / AHCI - still no go!

When it say, System Configuration file 'com.apple.boot.plist not found' it was installed sucessfully you just need to put OSX back on there

BJMoose

BJMoose

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,154 posts
I suspect I've overlooked something simple here but I've literally tried this 9-10 times and haven't gotten it to work yet. I've installed Leopard successfully several times on mbr, but guid is giving me fits. Here's what I've done.

1. Boot to Tiger on an external USB drive.

2. Copy pc_efi_v73 to the desktop.

3. Copy your efi.sh to the desktop.

4. Format a brand new 320GB WD SATA2 drive, partitioning it into 2 partitions, both GUID (actually tried 1 and 2 partitions several times)

5. Opened terminal and did diskutil list to determine that my partitions are disk0s2 and disk0s3.

6. Opened Disk Utility and unmounted both partitions on that drive.

7. Edited your .sh file to show XXX = BJMoose and disk0s2 and disk0 in the appropriate places. Saved it.

8. Re-open Terminal, typed sudo -s (enter) and then entered password.

9. Dragged the .sh file into Terminal (enter) All commands seem to run with no errors.

10.Reboot tells me no bootable disk each time.

I tried installing my patched Brazilmac Leopard anyway and it still wouldn't boot. Have I misunderstood a step or left something simple out? When I look at disk0 in terminal it shows:
disk0=guid
disk0s1=efi
disk0s2=Leopard
disk0s3=MacData

Thanks for any insights you may have.

i_am...me

i_am...me

Macbook Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

I suspect I've overlooked something simple here but I've literally tried this 9-10 times and haven't gotten it to work yet. I've installed Leopard successfully several times on mbr, but guid is giving me fits. Here's what I've done.

1. Boot to Tiger on an external USB drive.

2. Copy pc_efi_v73 to the desktop.

3. Copy your efi.sh to the desktop.

4. Format a brand new 320GB WD SATA2 drive, partitioning it into 2 partitions, both GUID (actually tried 1 and 2 partitions several times)

5. Opened terminal and did diskutil list to determine that my partitions are disk0s2 and disk0s3.

6. Opened Disk Utility and unmounted both partitions on that drive.

7. Edited your .sh file to show XXX = BJMoose and disk0s2 and disk0 in the appropriate places. Saved it.

8. Re-open Terminal, typed sudo -s (enter) and then entered password.

9. Dragged the .sh file into Terminal (enter) All commands seem to run with no errors.

10.Reboot tells me no bootable disk each time.

I tried installing my patched Brazilmac Leopard anyway and it still wouldn't boot. Have I misunderstood a step or left something simple out? When I look at disk0 in terminal it shows:
disk0=guid
disk0s1=efi
disk0s2=Leopard
disk0s3=MacData

Thanks for any insights you may have.

Ok, try running the very last command again that i listed; dd if=./guid/boot0 of=disk0 bs=400 count=1
ill send you v.72 see if its 7.3 that has problems

royco

royco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Guide worked like a charm using the flat image and the brazilmac patch dvd. Only thing is that, restart and shutdown doesnt work still on vanilla kernel. AOK with patched kernel. Anybody found a solution for that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy