!WORKING FIX FOR LENOVO 3000 N100 (0x17AA2066) 1986a!

MilitantHippie

28 posts in this topic

WORKING SOLUTION FOR LENOVO 3000 N100

IF YOU HAVE THE INTEL 0x17AA2066 LISTED IN SYSTEM PROFILER THIS WILL WORK FOR YOU!

Attached is a .zip file containing the Apple HDA Patcher v. 1.13 and a custom Linux dump for 1986a!

Lenovo_Intel_1986a.zip

Sound is distorted on my speakers, and it's only 2 channel, but hey - it's sound!

Have fun!

Ok - so, this actually ISN'T working for me...Intel HD audio shows up in system profiler, but i have no sound, there is no volume adjustment, there is no device shown in audio properties for system prefs, and nothing shows up in Audio Midi Setup in utilities.

I am running 10.5.1 with Vanilla Kernel using the PC_efi 5.1 bootloader. Everything except for sound and for PCMCIA are working here. Do you think there is a preferences file I need to delete somewhere or a cache I need to delete somewhere? I removed my audio kexts except for the alcinject.kext and the applehda.kext created by the taruga patcher. Let's see...what other info... Maybe it's my bios version? I really don't know. If there is any suggestions you have or any help you can offer please let me know.

Thanks!

I don't have any volume slider either. Uhm, before the installation I removed the following .kext's: Azalia, ALCInject, AppleHDA and AC97Audio.

Try giving that a go.

Did you remove AppleHDA w/ azalia? they can't both coexist.... It works for me in 5.1 anyway, I got sick of no voulme slider.

Vultures: I have the same rig, Try putting headphones on it, and you'll get sound.

but only from there :P

I'm trying to get audio from speakers.. hoping for the near-to-come new AppleHDApatcher...

By now, I should be happy that I got headphones working..

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thank you so much. I am getting Kernel Panic though. That Screen which says "You need to restart your computer"But, as you said, its sound (and I love it!)Its a Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 76A, with Finger print reader and camera.I have Intel 3945 ABG Wireless adapter, and its not working. I would be grateful if anybody could help. Tried myself already. Still a rookie.Thank you once again. I was going to remove it from my computer.RegardsASHThank you so much. I am getting Kernel Panic though. That Screen which says "You need to restart your computer"Also, like everybody, sound is distorted when using speakers and only line out is working. Internal Speakers not working.Thanks for the headphone tip. Great sound in headphones for some reason.But, as you said, its sound (and I love it!)Its a Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 76A, with Finger print reader and camera.I have Intel 3945 ABG Wireless adapter, and its not working. I would be grateful if anybody could help. Tried myself already. Still a rookie.Thank you once again. I was going to remove it from my computer.RegardsASH

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any updates on this?

Hi there, 'MilitantHippie'

any further updates on this Lenovo Sound driver?

With the recent breakthroughs on getting full ALC sound working (speakers/headphones/internal, external),

I was wondering if we can get it working too. ;):P

If you have any leads/ideas let me know. I can investigate on my own. am fairly tech savvy with this stuff.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I have the same Lenovo and have tried the suggested solution inluding removing the Azalia, ALCInject, AppleHDA and AC97Audio .kexts before patching. All seems to go well and after the patch repairs the permissions I try to reboot but just get a blinking cursor even with the Kalyway cd in, all I was able to do after that was a complete reinstall. Does anyone have any ideas, tia, cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same Audio Chip on my N100 and I used the installer from MilitantHippie. The good news is, the sound is working! The bad news is, the sound is only working through the headphones output. Is there any chance for me to get the internal speakers to work?

• 1 month later...

Ive downloaded the zip and run the patcher, but when i drag and drop the .txt code dump onto the icon nothing happens...

Ive modified my kexts and the volume slider alternates working and not every other reboot...

any help/suggestions?

i have the lenovo 3000 N100 setup with this sound chip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After year and a half, I finaly have sound working fully and sounds great.

I download file from:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=452459

and then using program:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=791708

i nstalled kext's from zip, than checked Repair permissions, set extensions permissions, clear...and all other tasks exept Update prebinding and touch extension folder (becouse I am not quite understand what they will do) and after selected tasks was done, and after restart, finaly I have a soud!

Internal spekers, mic, and even output to earphones work.

Volume slider does not working, but this (lower or higher sound) work through sliders in applications.

Thanks MadTux for kext and ~pcwiz for great app!

• 4 months later...

NON_WORKING COMPONENTS

1. Audio - Soundmax HD Audio (Not too sure about exact model) (ntel HD audio shows up in system profiler, but i have no sound, there is volume adjustment.)

2. WLAN - Intel PRO Wireless 3945 ABG

3. Camera - Integrated USB Camera Asus 1.3 something

Hm... under 10.5.6, Vanilla kernel 9.6 i can hear the sound in my headphones. Nothing more. This is nightmare.

No camera, no sound via internal speakers, no microphone and ...no skype.

This Lenovo 3000 n100 sucks as hell. I am loosing any hope... :P((((((((((((