New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

zephyroth i think you have done enough ! dont you all ? all most every question i see on this topic in relation to hardware issues there are 1 - 10 topics in this forum alone to help you. how bout you start searching and let zephyroth enjoy his creation. not to hard to help your self if you search.

So am i the only one with sata hdd's not showing up when installing? right now i am installing to an old 60 gig ata so we will see how this goes.

Last time i tried to use a ata drive with 10.4 it would only read and write at like 2mb. damnit damnit damnit.

thanks for the release tho. :)

Full specs

AMD 4400+ X2

CFX-3200

2 gig ddr

4 x seagate 320gb sata

4 x westren digital 200gb sata

1 westren digital 60 gig

evga 7600

What an awesome "out of the box"-experience! ;)

My hardware:

AMD Athlon X2 4200+ (S939)

2 gigs of PC3200 RAM

Club3D GeForce 8800 GTS 640 mb

Abit KN8-SLI motherboard (nForce4)

Seagate 250 gb SATA2 drive

Everything seems to be working perfectly, my only gripe is the fact that the DVD is needed for booting :)

Thank you very much for this! ;)

thanks a lot!!!!

now i'm just hoping to get the install done...it's always stopping and telling me it's still waiting for the root device...tried different ways now...

+just assigning a drive letter to the disk and keeping it RAW i.e. not formatted --> not working (waiting for root device)

+assigning a drive letter and format ntfs --> finds the disk, but gets i/o errors, not able to write do disk/ceate directories

+keep the disk RAW and assigning no drve letter --> not working (waiting for root device)

+i also set the sata mode in bios to ahci and assigned the 1st boot drive to the dvd, 2nd boot drive is the drive i want leopard installed to, 3rd boot drive disabled --> not working either

the drive is a samsung 160gb sata2

any suggestions how to prepare the drive - or what i'm doing wrong?

I can get into installer, however, when I chose utilities to erase my NTFS partition, and format that partition with Apple Journaled format, it gave timeout error, it won't erase.

Do you guys need to erase NTFS partition before installation. Please tell me how to prepare the HD for installation, do I need to do the erase first, or go straight to install it on a NTFS volume.

Thanks!

Guest Snowski

Allright, first, many thx to Zephyroth for releasing this easy out of the box install DVD. I will try it on my extern USB drive.

Also thx to all the others for the support!

I have only one question before I start the DL.

Is it possible to install another language after install, I'm dutch so would prefer it in my own language. Can this be downloaded online or do I have to get the flat image and then install an extra language from there?

Thx in advance and great work all!

OMFG, THIS WORKS!

Thanks you so much man, after trying like 20 different how-tos, it finally works! Installation went fine, first boot up caused kernel panic, but after deleting all NV* and Ge* Extensions, it works just fine. :wacko::P:)

Is there any way to install another language pack (german) and printer-drivers (HP)? I don't have any other DVD atm, so I can't just copy them from there.

My Hardware:

AMD 4000+

MSI K8N Neo4

1GB RAM

GeForce 7800GTX

@mus:

great!!! hope i can say the same soon ;)

now i'm just hoping to get the install done...it's always stopping and telling me it's still waiting for the root device...tried different ways now...

+just assigning a drive letter to the disk and keeping it RAW i.e. not formatted --> not working (waiting for root device)

+assigning a drive letter and format ntfs --> finds the disk, but gets i/o errors, not able to write do disk/ceate directories

+keep the disk RAW and assigning no drve letter --> not working (waiting for root device)

+i also set the sata mode in bios to ahci and assigned the 1st boot drive to the dvd, 2nd boot drive is the drive i want leopard installed to, 3rd boot drive disabled --> not working either

the drive is a samsung 160gb sata2

any suggestions how to prepare the drive - or what i'm doing wrong?

still not working...tried now with an ata drive...same problem..."still waiting for root device"... ;)

what else could i try? any suggestions? i'm getting slightly mad here ;)

my system:

amd 64x2 4400+ @2,2gh

asus a8r mvp motherboard

ati radeon x1900 512mb

3gb ddr dual channel ram

sata2 and ata disks - want to install on sata2, but ata would be ok...i just really want this to work!

i have a problem ;)

i have no idea of the mac, but i want to try this os. So i download the iso and burned it, after that i try to install on my pc but says: "still waiting for root device".

So i remmember read somewhere '-v -f -y' (no idea what this do), and i type it, appereantly this do something xd with a severals messages of errors like 'mdsnresponder' starts one welcome screen who says 'choose your default lenguage', but here is my problem... mouse and keyboard dont work!, i try with a usb Keyboard and mouse and others with minidin ;) .

I try 3 times and always dthe same.. anybody knows what is happens?

Or i have to do something different to install ;) , plz its my first time trying to install this os.

Now that I think of it, I believe I remove a kext from IOATAFamily which gave me the same error ... prolly in your case you NEED this kext. Be patient, I'm reading all your issues, the next release will be more compatible.

I'm in a good way to make an Easy EFI Leopard install DVD.

i have a problem ;)

i have no idea of the mac, but i want to try this os. So i download the iso and burned it, after that i try to install on my pc but says: "still waiting for root device".

So i remmember read somewhere '-v -f -y' (no idea what this do), and i type it, appereantly this do something xd with a severals messages of errors like 'mdsnresponder' starts one welcome screen who says 'choose your default lenguage', but here is my problem... mouse and keyboard dont work!, i try with a usb Keyboard and mouse and others with minidin ;) .

I try 3 times and always dthe same.. anybody knows what is happens?

Or i have to do something different to install ;) , plz its my first time trying to install this os.

A leo install on AMD is probly not the best way to get started with hackintosh ( huge pain in the arsh) if i was you i would get a jas 10.4.8 and start playing from there.

Now that I think of it, I believe I remove a kext from IOATAFamily which gave me the same error ... prolly in your case you NEED this kext. Be patient, I'm reading all your issues, the next release will be more compatible.

I'm in a good way to make an Easy EFI Leopard install DVD.

thanks for caring!!! i appreciate it really much!!!

booting with -v -f -y didn't do it for me...well it first started loading hsf+ files, that's more tha it ever did before...but aftr a while it went back to "still waiting for root device" ;)

so, i guess i'm ot of luck for now...just leave it for now and wait for a new release...and start doing the work i should've done in the last hours ;)

I think the most important think is fix the problem about the network. I have disable the dhcp on macosx but i still get freeze, i had to disable also on my router ? Do u known if that problem is only with the ethernet card on nforce4 ? Regards

Guest Snowski

For those with "WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE" problems try this:

Go into your BIOS and enable all SATA/ATA channels. If you don't want to edit (messup) the bootloader on one of your XP/Vista drives then open up the case and unplug the power until the Leopard install is done. I always use EasyBCD anyway which is a free bootloader app that is compatible with XP/Vista/OSX86.

I think this solved my issue way back when I first tried OSX86 (JAS 10.4.8)

Good luck lads!

For those with "WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE" problems try this:

Go into your BIOS and enable all SATA/ATA channels. If you don't want to edit (messup) the bootloader on one of your XP/Vista drives then open up the case and unplug the power until the Leopard install is done. I always use EasyBCD anyway which is a free bootloader app that is compatible with XP/Vista/OSX86.

I think this solved my issue way back when I first tried OSX86 (JAS 10.4.8)

Good luck lads!

tried and failed (4x)

but thanks for the idea anyway!!!

gonna give up on this for today...really need to get some work done now!

I tried many differents kexts to fix freezes with ethernet.

i thought It was fixed by disabling dhcp but even me get freezes.

I think it's forcedeth related but after reading some logs, I don't know what's the issue.

And you all must keep in mind that freezes append even on real Mac ... so it's prolly an issue of Leopard itself.

I've got absolutely the same problem "Still waiting for root device". I've tried to re enable/disable everything in the BIOS, but nothing changed, all my sata/ata channels/ controllers are enabled. I've tried to boot by altering the -v -x -f -s options- the result is still..

Gigabyte nforce 4 / A64 , 2x512MB RAM-D/CH, ATI x1900cf, 320sata hdd.