New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

I have seen a new torrent named Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits).

Description:

"

the kernel is Toh kernel 9.1.0.

It's 32bits until a kernel allow to boot without "-legacy".

The DVD is patched to run on your PC, all installation packages are originals (except MacOSXUpd 10.5.1 which needed to be repacked) and patched automatically in the end of the installation process. Darwin bootloader is installed at the very end. (See FixLeo.pkg)

Only English and French are available.

Gutenprint Printers Drivers and drivers for Geforce 8800GTX/GTS(NVinject 0.1.3) are available too.

It runs fine on the following machine :

- Athlon 64 X2 4200+ S939

- ASUS A8N5X NForce 4

- 4 x 512 MB DDR400

- Maxtor 250 GB Sata2

- Geforce 8800 GTS

If system freezes when you try to reach the net, deactivate dhcp and configure your interface manually.

It seems to be because DHCP set 2 DNS servers (your router) instead of one).

1 - Download

2 - Burn

3 - Install

4 - Enjoy

Zephyroth.

"

It must be the best way for all amd............

Update 1 : SnipinTerminator wrote a great guide for us .

Look at : http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_amd.php

Update2 : A new forum for AMD is born

look at http://osx.kbot.de/

I made that iso so that Leopard runs on my system:

- I don't need wireless support so I didn't include third party drivers about that

- I have a Geforce 8800 GTS so there's no Natit but NVinject and some kexts modified for 320, 512, 640 and 768 MB, there are some kexts named ATI**** but I don't know anything about ATI support, if you don't own a Geforce 8800, you must boot in VESA mode and install drivers that match your card

In fact all I know is this iso is running perfectly on my PC.

MD5SUM : 9fa4a7e1726757b958ce8da3a6fe8187

So if my setup looks like this in my signature, then I've to do a lot of work besides just the install?

Aren't there any like JaS working on such releases? Or?

Seeding for the masses... I'm on 10 mbit upstream; connectible. :D

Now I'm in the top with all the others that are trying to download this image. I'm following the "Distributed Copies" in percentages, and seeding with 400 kb/s. So I hope that this will finnish tonight. I'm not going to shut down this machine overnight, and hope that many people will finnish downloading this file and seed as well for at least 4-5 hours or redistribute this file 2 times.

So back to my question. will it be hard to install on my PC. See config in signature.

I've tried to answer to your topic. Hope that something will help you.

I would guess your only hangups are going to be the IOATAFamily Kexts (Depending on the Toshiba chipset and Natit. otherwise ill bet you be pleasantly suprised

ok that's cool !

My poor upload beseech pity ... :wacko:

I'm going to sleep, good night guys.

And don't forget to make me your praises ... or not :blush:

So tomorrow morning I could see if my work was not useless because I carried this DVD for me but by thinking of AMD users !

(sorry if my English is not good, the widget translator help me when I don't know some words)

installed perfectly with the 8800gts 640 drivers. Mounted all my NTFS partitions, on multiple SATA and regular ATA drives. Even my two screens even worked out of the box, couldn't be more happy!

Just had a bit of trouble getting vistas boot manager to boot both of them.

installed perfectly with the 8800gts 640 drivers. Mounted all my NTFS partitions, on multiple SATA and regular ATA drives. Even my two screens even worked out of the box, couldn't be more happy!

Just had a bit of trouble getting vistas boot manager to boot both of them.

Yo balls. what are your specs

I also can't boot the Leopard hard drive after install, Kernel Panic over looks like video card. Can someone tell me how to boot the Leopard installatin with the DVD?

MSI nf4 ultra Platinum

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (939)

2GB PC3200 400mhz Dual Channel DDR/SDRAM

Asus en8800gts 649mb video card

2x SataII 329, 120 GB

2x ATA 200, 120 GB

hmmmm ....

Try this :

1 - Boot with DVD

2 - at boot prompt, type "F8" then "-s"

3 - type "mount -uw /"

4 - "mount -t hfs /dev/to/your/Leo/partition /Volumes"

5 - "nano /Volumes/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist"

And remove "-legacy".

/dev/to/your/Leo/partition ---> it must be like "/dev/diskXsX" where the first X is the number of your hd (0,1,2 ...) and the second, the number of the partition where Leo is installed.

For example, I have only one HD and Leo is installed on the first partition so the dev is "/dev/disk0s1".