Windows Server 2008 the best operating system

john119

69 posts in this topic

the best operating system is windows server 2008. I tried the rc0 and coverted it to a workstation and let me tell you the performance is incredible, its way faster than vista and os x and it has aero and all the other features of vista. I tried leopard hack and it sux compared to windows server 2008. leopard in general sucks compared to windows server 2008. i ran zdaemon which is an online multiplayer doom thru crossover and parallels on leopard and both ran like {censored}, i was so disgusted that it could not run something as simple as doom so i left mac for windows server 2008 and will never go back again. leopard just sucks with games thats the # 1 reason why it will allways be second to vista. and now that direct x 10 is coming out windows is going to blow mac out of the water, i dont care how many stupid mac commercials come out. so if your sick of vista and os x try windows server 2008 http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/audsel.mspx

the best operating system is windows server 2008. I tried the rc0 and coverted it to a workstation and let me tell you the performance is incredible, its way faster than vista and os x and it has aero and all the other features of vista. I tried leopard hack and it sux compared to windows server 2008. leopard in general sucks compared to windows server 2008. i ran zdaemon which is an online multiplayer doom thru crossover and parallels on leopard and both ran like {censored}, i was so disgusted that it could not run something as simple as doom so i left mac for windows server 2008 and will never go back again. leopard just sucks with games thats the # 1 reason why it will allways be second to vista. and now that direct x 10 is coming out windows is going to blow mac out of the water, i dont care how many stupid mac commercials come out. so if your sick of vista and os x try windows server 2008 http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/audsel.mspx

windoze troll/idiot

the best operating system is windows server 2008. I tried the rc0 and coverted it to a workstation

OK, I'll avoid any name-calling and any argument and make a simple request: write a how to convert Windows server 2008 to a workstation or link to one, if you want your post to have any credibility other than just sound as blatant M$ advertising.

OK, I'll avoid any name-calling and any argument and make a simple request: write a how to convert Windows server 2008 to a workstation or link to one, if you want your post to have any credibility other than just sound as blatant M$ advertising.

I think he just means installing the package that installs Aero/sidebar/etc.

heres how to convert server 2008 to a workstation http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14392 . the speed of rc0 blows away vista thats why i would use a server os over vista. im not a windows troll i just think why the hell am i gonna waste all that money on mac when windows can do everything that a mac does, plus play all the top new games. i never get any errors or spyware on server 2008, and all my hardware was good to go out of the box expect for nvidia drivers. so i guess if you got the dough and want a case that looks really nice and shinny buy a mac.

Okay, he posted this in the Windows Discussion forum and I posted the following there as well.

LMAO. I'm not a Mac fanboy or anything (I hate the fanboys), but your argument defies all sound logic.

Okay, so let's make this clear: Leopard was not designed with gaming in mind. Period.

It shouldn't surprise you at all that Crossover or Parallels couldn't run your game perfectly. That game was designed to run natively on Windows. SHOCK! BIG SURPRISE! OMG WHY DOESN'T IT WORK ON MAC AS WELL AS WINDOWS!

Now, I'm not saying that Windows Server 2008 is not a good OS. I have no clue whether it is or not, so I'm not bashing against Windows in any way.

I'm just bashing against you, a completely ignorant retard.

There are reasons that people choose Leopard over Windows, and NONE of them are related to gaming.

And as for your virus argument: the reason Server 2008 has no viruses yet is because it is still a release candidate. What would be the point for hackers to make viruses for operating systems that no one is using yet?

Please, think before you post.

OK, I have tried it. I have come to the conclusion that it is not worth your time. It is basically Vista, but with a lot of added fuss:

I couldn't find a free antivirus for it, it needs to be converted to a workstation, you need to find drivers for it, it is time limited...

Just wait for Vista SP1 or keep using XP, if you need Windows.

Does this discussion really have to start again about Leopard vs. Windows...

C'mon everytime someone starts something like this it gets ugly

Why can't people just keep opinions about huge matters like this to themselves...there are Windows lovers and Mac lovers and those in between and you are never going to manage to convince everyone to think that Server 2008 is the best OS.

That said, Server 2008 is basically Vista with server slap-ons so obviously Vista lovers are going to be amazed with Server 2008.

Does this discussion really have to start again about Leopard vs. Windows...

C'mon everytime someone starts something like this it gets ugly

Why can't people just keep opinions about huge matters like this to themselves...there are Windows lovers and Mac lovers and those in between and you are never going to manage to convince everyone to think that Server 2008 is the best OS.

That said, Server 2008 is basically Vista with server slap-ons so obviously Vista lovers are going to be amazed with Server 2008.

It would be really cool if Windows vs. Mac would never start again.

But if that happened, where would all the ignorant fanboys post and spread their ignorance?

The fanboys would be lost and without a cause! They couldn't post retarded, one-sided comments.

God forbid that ever happen (note the sarcasm).

On the flip-side, however, if the SERIOUS and CONSTRUCTIVE Windows vs. Mac debate never happens, then neither operating system will be improved by MS or Apple. So let's keep that in mind, shall we? Remember: CONSTRUCTIVE.

Not to mention: the main reason you see speed and reliability improvements in Server 2008 over the consumer Vista is because most default services are disabled. Once you go back and 'workstation-ify' it, you are inching closer and closer to an original Vista installation.

Alternatively, you could hop into Vista and remove all the fluff (or Vlite it) and you would see similar results to installing Server 08...