Ethernet Driver for Marvell 88E1116

MikeInNs

223 posts in this topic

i got sometimes cernel panic ;) after installing this kext

My specifications:

installed: Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2

CPU: AMD 64 x2 5000+

MB: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 - [ chipset: nForce 570 SLI, Network controller: Marwell 88E1116, Audio: Realtek ALC883 ]

RAM: 2 x 1GB DDR2 800MHz

GPU: GeForce 7900GT - 256 MB / 256 Bit

HDD: OS X on Seagate 160 GB SATA II

DVD-R/RW: LiteOn

AUDIO - OnBoard: Realtek ALC883

LAN - OnBoard: Marwell 88E1116

My only solution with the 680i was a wireless usb device (WG111v3) and connecting only pata devices. MeDevils Sata Driver and other Lan dongles caused all freezes. Even Realtek PCI 8139 and D-Link wireless USB which is supposed to work. But now its stable.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a noob, after six months of tinkering i finally got leopard installed on my 680i mobo. i got the sound and graphics working, but have not found a solution for ethernet. the last driver i tried has locked up my system preferences. when i select the network option under the system preferences, it stops responding and i have to force quit, the lan never worked but now it wont even let me in the system preferences. please help, i will repost when i find the driver i last installed.

evga 680i mobo

intel Pentium D 915, 2.8 Ghz

PNY NVidia GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB

3GB Corsair DDR2 800

120 GB ATA

250 GB SATA, 80 GB SATA, 120 GB SATA

Lite On SATA DVD+-R/RW

Apple USB Key Board

Microsoft USB Mouse

Kalyway 10.5.1, Kalyway 10.5.2 combo update

Vista Ultimate

Hi,

I have the eVGA 680i and having read this thread it seems it's not even worth my while trying to get my (now finally stable) Leopard built to work with this driver.

Can anyone recommend a modern wireless USB dongle that I can just plug in that will work straight away with no driver installs needed? Preferably Netgear as I have a Netgear router (I like continuity).

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add that your drivers are working successfully on gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 although experiencing KP during transfers with packet size greater than 200. Solved that with booting cpus=1. Now computer is 100% fully functional!

still our goal should be to make it work with 2 cpus...:-)

any future devlopements on that? mine is a beauty with 1 cpu...all running fine with the network driver....but once i have 2 cpus it crashes with a lil load....

This was the only kext that worked for me, thank you very much!

I do have to pass "cpus=1" as a boot option though, still better than no internet though.

Mac OS X (10.5.2) Leo4allv3

Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev2.0)

Yey! I nearly gave up and went out to get a pci card but then I found this.

It works fine here, no probs at all. Been downloading loads of stuff and surfing the net for a couple of days now.

I didn't do anything special, just installed it, rebooted and connection agogo. :(

any update on a stable Leopard version?

I was able to get an IP and connect without issue in Leopard and an AMD dual core, but the machine will lock up if I try to do anything too strenuous (sometimes even loading a large webpage)

In the meantime, do I need to pass cpu=1? (where can I do that? sorry, I am new to this)

Thanks

Is it worth buying a WG111V3 because i am currently using a rtl8139 and it is so unstable it is stupid.

I am running TOH leopard upgraded to 10.5.2 using kalyways combo update, and it is all working quite nicely.

I have a Evga 680i board.

Thanks

Great work on the nforce driver!

I have an Asus p5n32-e li plus MB 680i chipset

Running Leo4all3

Everything runs perfect on this board (with a little help of course)

I used your original unplug method to get the ethernet ports working

I recently had a problem with my HD and so had to reinstall leo -I installed exactly the way as before-

Now I cannot get the ethernet working

I download the file again from insanelymac

I open terminal and followed instruction

type sudo -s

enter password

after first command:

_I get the message that "no such extension exists" several times

I have tried all night long and everything that I can think of to get it running agian

It seems like the download from insanelymac has changed somehow and is missing a file or something.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks again for the hard work

I'M RUNNING XP AGAIN**

Nevermind

Confirmed 100% working with leo4all3 and kallaway 10.5.2 releases.

I added a password for the administrator account

Downloaded the file from original entry

Dropped file into "kexthelper B7" utility (download from google)

Rebooted, unplugged powercable

****When Leopard was loading i pressed F8 and typed -f to load

Ethernet definately working

Asus p5n32-e sli plus

Thanks for all the hard work!!!!

The ethernet driver works great on my EVGA 680i board with the exception of occasional lockups. I am running iATKOS v1r3. Overall, I have had slim to no problems with the system other than it being finicky with external USB drives and not liking high download rates. If I'm downloading at more than 20 kb/s and browsing, it generally locks up sooner or later. If this could get fixed in the forthcoming Leopard driver, my hackintosh will be perfect.

everyone confirms that the driver is working like a charm.....with cpu=1 though.....

is there any work done by someone on making this work with 2 cores...from my side i would pay a few bucks via paypal just to get a dualcore driver working......cpu=1 really sucks :-)

HOW TO INSTALL:- Place the kext file on your desktop- Start "Terminal" and type the following commands:- "sudo -s"- Type you password.- "cp -R ~/desktop/nForceEthernetController.kext /system/library/extensions/"- "chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/nForceEthernetController.kext- "chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/nForceEthernetController.kext"- "rm -f /system/library/extensions.*"- "diskutil repairpermissions /"- "exit"- Close "Terminal"- Shutdown the computer and take the power cord off (IMPORTANT!)- Wait 30 secs. and turn it back on (plug the power cord back in first tongue.gif )Hopefully it will come back up with your ethernet controller working!
i follow the instruction but i got some error "System extension cannot be used" the system extensions "/system/library/extensions/nForceEthernetController.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product vendor for an update.i already reinstalle but i got same..any solution?thanks :thumbsup_anim:

Hi!

There are dual NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (PHY: Marvell 88E1116) on my Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X.

Everething works fun under Leo4All v.2, but system has detected only one of my controllers.

It shows it like "en0". where is the second one? May be some have any ideas?