• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Finally got it work! I add my device id 0x026910de and now it works!!! BTW I have a P5N-E SLI Mobo. =]

Thanks MikeInNs!!!

it works for sure, but wait a bit and load some stuff from the internet... once it is choked, your system will freeze...

right now, the problem is not wheter it s working or not, bcoz it is working, but not stable... it causes system freeze... just beware that if u use things online too long make sure u back up or bookmark things, bcoz this driver is not finished yet. it has serious problems...

DoctorDyna

DoctorDyna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Just to clairify, before I read all these posts, this driver is for the "Marvell" chips and not the "nVidia nForce Networking controller"...

Or am I missing something?

I've got an EVGA 122 CK NF 63 (680i)

Would I be better off digging in my old boxes for a realtek 81xx?

lewellyn

lewellyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Would I be better off digging in my old boxes for a realtek 81xx?

At this moment... "Yes"... None of the nForce networking drivers is yet stable for most people. So, grab yourself an 8139 (or maybe an 8169) and use that. Alternatively, you may have luck using a BCM43xx with the AirPort driver that ships with the OS. (If wireless is your thing, of course!)

Keep an eye on these nForce NIC topics, though... There's always a chance that there's something brewing behind the scenes and that we won't know about it till it's time! :(

Stupidicus

Stupidicus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

At this moment... "Yes"... None of the nForce networking drivers is yet stable for most people. So, grab yourself an 8139 (or maybe an 8169) and use that. Alternatively, you may have luck using a BCM43xx with the AirPort driver that ships with the OS. (If wireless is your thing, of course!)

Keep an eye on these nForce NIC topics, though... There's always a chance that there's something brewing behind the scenes and that we won't know about it till it's time! :(

I agree. My onboard LAN is a realtek, and not supported by forcedeth AFAIK. I love my good old tulip-compatible card. :(

rajkosto

rajkosto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
i noticed that with cpus=1 i get NO HANGS from this driver ever i've left torrent running all day and no hang works fine, however if i leave out cpus=1 it hangs like in the first 10 seconds of a bigger http download...

so it seems to be a thread deadlock issue or something

did you release the source anywhere ?

Omakayd

Omakayd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Is this little project going anywhere?

I'd really like to get this working because I don't see a point in buying another NIC when the 88E1116 is so capable...

Danloreye

Danloreye

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I'd really like to get this working because I don't see a point in buying another NIC when the 88E1116 is so capable...

so do I

Is this little project going anywhere?

Unfortunately this project is stalled since the original developper has not been around for a long time. And I don't think someone else has the sources...

JasonValdron

JasonValdron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for this driver!! Works great on my Gigabyte GA-M57SLI, with the -f option.

rajkosto

rajkosto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
-f just makes it recreate kextcache...

rajkosto

rajkosto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
hmm this might just be luck
but i got it working with no hangs and dual core by
1. moving all the stuff out of ionetworkingfamily/contents/plugins
2. putting nforceethernet there (offcourse chown and chmod)
3. in -s mode, remove all the kextcaches (/S/L/Caches /S/L/E/Caches /S/L/Extensions.mkext)
it doesn't work if you just supply -f to reload the drivers, at each boot, it must have NO CACHES
if there are caches, it will hang

i also disabled firewire,serial port,jmicron esata in bios

demonfox13x

demonfox13x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

hmm this might just be luck
but i got it working with no hangs and dual core by
1. moving all the stuff out of ionetworkingfamily/contents/plugins
2. putting nforceethernet there (offcourse chown and chmod)
3. in -s mode, remove all the kextcaches (/S/L/Caches /S/L/E/Caches /S/L/Extensions.mkext)
it doesn't work if you just supply -f to reload the drivers, at each boot, it must have NO CACHES
if there are caches, it will hang

i also disabled firewire,serial port,jmicron esata in bios

Are you on Leopard? post specs pls =)

cacak333

cacak333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
hello...

is something going on for a new release of nforceEthernetController.kext ????

i have the striker extreme mobo with that marvel ethernet controller....
the .kext si working for me....but not stable.....i get kernel pani when im using safari and want to do some download!
and sometimes i have inet and sometimes not....thats very sad....!

HOPE THERE WILL BE SOON A FIX.....but otherwise THANK YOU FOR SPENDING TIME ON THIS ETHERNET CONTROLLER :(

rajkosto

rajkosto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
its perfectly fine with cpus=1
and sometimes you will get {censored} by luck and will work with dual core
but rare

flatline_

flatline_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Would it be possible for someone to post the beta that was in the works? The forcedeth driver doesn't even light up my router and this one actually allowed the network to function (despite the panics under load). Please send me a msg or post it here. Thanks a million!

cacak333

cacak333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

its perfectly fine with cpus=1
and sometimes you will get {censored} by luck and will work with dual core
but rare

it works with cpus=1 but i want to use my 2 cpus...
maybe some fix will come out soon ????

would be sooo nice....

rajkosto

rajkosto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
yes it desperately needs an update...
or source

flatline_

flatline_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Would it be possible for someone to post the beta that was in the works? The forcedeth driver doesn't even light up my router and this one actually allowed the network to function (despite the panics under load). Please send me a msg or post it here. Thanks a million!

Never mind, I fixed it myself................. By buying a PCI NIC for $12. if anyone else is fighting with this :) thing and Leopard, and you have a free PCI slot, I highly recommend you stop pulling your hair out and go buy a NIC. FWIW, the card that I bought is a StarTech 10/100, model # ST100S -Realtek RTL8139 chipset. It is 100% Plug and play out of the box. No driver installation, hacking, kext modding,or any BS needed for it to work. Good luck ;)

muitommy

muitommy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Piano x Mac OS X
i have stopped to wait for the release atm ...
although i have the usb adapter in hand,
but that would cause kernel panic for multi-core..
by now, i use the usb adapter in parallel desktop and surf the net ...
not a solution but a remedy x(
that would be great if i can bridge the xp's connection to mac,
but that don't seem possible lol

rajkosto

rajkosto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
oh the irony, i have a available and working PCI card, but the last pci slot of my mobo is borked (cant seem to fit anything in there, maybe case issues) so im stuck on 1 core

MIKEINS WHERE ARE YOU ?

iNoob

iNoob