Ethernet Driver for Marvell 88E1116

MikeInNs

223 posts in this topic

so does it work on tiger? I been waiting this driver for a year. I'm currectly using a RTL8139 network card, it works but increase my video card temperature. And I don't want to kill my machine if i install this driver. I hav lot of stuff on my hackintosh. :(It did not work for me. I followed your instruction and didn't work. nothing show up except my RTL8139 netcard, serial port and firewire. . So can't connect to internet.....:(I'm running Uphuck 10.4.9 with kernel 8.8.1

I just installed this driver on my M2N-SLI Deluxe Mobo, Nforce 570-SLI chipset on tiger 10.4.10.

And it works! Just followed the steps of TS after testing it with kextload. When i tested it it just gave me a 169.x IP. But after installing, shutting down for 30 sec and booting its working via DHCP. I do get a message saying that ID 0373 is not know to work, but its working fine sofar!

Thx alot for this kext :rolleyes:

Edit:

I found 1 issue sofar.

When i boot to windows before going into OSX86 the NIC will get a 169.X ip. When i shutdown the PC and go OSX86 after powerup it finds an IP and fully works.

Wanted to say great work on this.  I am using the kext from the first post and I am able to use my ethernet now on my Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 board.  I have trouble with things across reboot - unless I do the 'pull-the-plug' trick and -f as a boot option.  Annoyoing, but once it's running, it stays running.  

Would love to see any updates you're working on.

Again, thanks for the great work.

AA

i use it on leopard.

"

lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: Probing.

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0373 is not known to work. Continuing anyway...

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting.

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0373, subsystem 0x10DE:0xCB84 opened.

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xFE02A000 of length 4096.

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x26380000, tx at 0x26380400, wired at 0x12f2000.

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:30:18:A7:3C:5F.

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: Could not find a valid PHY.

Jan 3 14:16:10 lizws-acpi kernel[0]: forcedeth: Stopping

"

Thanks so much for all your efforts, so happy to finally have my install running!

successfully installed and works for me on Kalyway install 10.5.1 Leopard

Just some notes....

1. I noticed (as mentioned in previous posts) that under any significant load that the machine locks up. For example. quickly changing pages in safari, when i downloaded a 20mb file, ran a speed test and locks up

2. I tried this under forced settings 10/100/1000 as well as autodetect , forced half and full duplex and am experiencing lockups

Hope that helps,

Can't wait to try out the next improvement ! :(

Flawlessly huh ? That may have worked for some but i've tried 3 already i had layin around. none work , cannot get any PCI device to be recognized on the osx side. all work on the pc side. linksys, 3com and netgear... "hey wutcha know Denunzio"

Come on, you can get a PCI NIC for $10, which will work flawless on OS X... :(;)

im having the same problem im having with this driver with my NIC but instead of panicking the internet just stops working. When i go to diagnostics the last to stoplights never turn green. when i boot in verbose it says rtl8139::fixEnetFlowControl - Flow Control is disabled

my card is a Hawking PN102TXA with RTL8139D, it works great for 5 mins then it just stops working. if i boot with cpus=1 i dont have the problem anymore! :(

Come on, you can get a PCI NIC for $10, which will work flawless on OS X... :):)

That doesn't help those of us who have a limited number of PCI slots… I have my "Airport" card in one, and my Firewire/USB combo card in the other. And why would I want two perfectly good wired NICs in the same box, anyhow? (Especially when I only have 2 PCI slots! Such a waste of potential!) You'd think I'd be more likely to want to stick one in my old K6-2 box to use as "emergency backup"! ;)

my card is a Hawking PN102TXA with RTL8139D, it works great for 5 mins then it just stops working. if i boot with cpus=1 i dont have the problem anymore! :wacko:

This thread is not about Realtek NICs, sorry. Search the forum; there are many threads devoted to your Realtek. :)

That doesn't help those of us who have a limited number of PCI slots… I have my "Airport" card in one, and my Firewire/USB combo card in the other. And why would I want two perfectly good wired NICs in the same box, anyhow? (Especially when I only have 2 PCI slots! Such a waste of potential!) You'd think I'd be more likely to want to stick one in my old K6-2 box to use as "emergency backup"! :(

This thread is not about Realtek NICs, sorry. Search the forum; there are many threads devoted to your Realtek. :censored2:

i was just stating that i have the same problem with my Realtek NIC as i do with my 88E116

Finally got it work! I add my device id 0x026910de and now it works!!! BTW I have a P5N-E SLI Mobo. =]

Thanks MikeInNs!!!

it works for sure, but wait a bit and load some stuff from the internet... once it is choked, your system will freeze...

right now, the problem is not wheter it s working or not, bcoz it is working, but not stable... it causes system freeze... just beware that if u use things online too long make sure u back up or bookmark things, bcoz this driver is not finished yet. it has serious problems...

Just to clairify, before I read all these posts, this driver is for the "Marvell" chips and not the "nVidia nForce Networking controller"...

Or am I missing something?

I've got an EVGA 122 CK NF 63 (680i)

Would I be better off digging in my old boxes for a realtek 81xx?

Would I be better off digging in my old boxes for a realtek 81xx?

At this moment... "Yes"... None of the nForce networking drivers is yet stable for most people. So, grab yourself an 8139 (or maybe an 8169) and use that. Alternatively, you may have luck using a BCM43xx with the AirPort driver that ships with the OS. (If wireless is your thing, of course!)

Keep an eye on these nForce NIC topics, though... There's always a chance that there's something brewing behind the scenes and that we won't know about it till it's time! :(

At this moment... "Yes"... None of the nForce networking drivers is yet stable for most people. So, grab yourself an 8139 (or maybe an 8169) and use that. Alternatively, you may have luck using a BCM43xx with the AirPort driver that ships with the OS. (If wireless is your thing, of course!)

Keep an eye on these nForce NIC topics, though... There's always a chance that there's something brewing behind the scenes and that we won't know about it till it's time! :(

I agree. My onboard LAN is a realtek, and not supported by forcedeth AFAIK. I love my good old tulip-compatible card. :(

i noticed that with cpus=1 i get NO HANGS from this driver ever i've left torrent running all day and no hang works fine, however if i leave out cpus=1 it hangs like in the first 10 seconds of a bigger http download...

so it seems to be a thread deadlock issue or something

did you release the source anywhere ?