New Imac needs help

Macbell

2 posts in this topic

:( Hello all'

I'm a longtime mac user since(1992) who's becoming a disallusioned mac loser.

I bought an Imac 24 in. 2.33 ghz 2 gb. ram 500 gb hd and geforce 7600 from an authorized dealer. I upgraded and registered all the new high end graphics programs plus the epson 1800 printer, a 9x12 Wacom tablet, Altec-lansing speakers, new high-end surge protector. A pretty penny to start. All this just 2 weeks before the launch of the Aluminum model. No sympathy.

All installed fine, working great for about 6 weeks. Shut down for vacation came home to start back up, put to sleep at various intervals for breaks and voila! Ugly grey screen with restart message. OK I restart, but to no avail still getting what turns out to be PANIC KERNAL problems. After doing all the MAC-VOODOO, after doing the archive and install 2x. After several calls to Applecare, huge, long, long waits on hold, doing all their tricks etc. The sleep/panic problem wouldn't resolve. Took it into the Apple store. They of course couldn't reproduce the problem and sent me home with it. I got it home and it wouldn't start PERIOD! Another long wait on hold, I told them I want my money back and they of course refused. Instead they're going to send a tech to my home to replace the logic board and power supply. The fine print sayz they can do this, even replace with "refurbished" parts etc. What can I do next. If I wanted a refurbished mac I would'nt have bought a new one. I need this computer for work at home business and so far it's been down longer than up.

Any help, opinions, ammo or similar experience greatly appreciated,

Macbell