MSI P6N SLI-FI Clean install using ToH RC2 (with nVidia GeForce series VGA)

.NetRolller 3D

158 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

When i boot onto the cd, after a little while it stops on this screen and wont do anything at that point. I have some pics to help explain. can anybody tell me a fix or help me on this? My Specs are:

MSI P6N SLI Platinum (1.6 version bios)

I am using a 40GB IDE HDD

2 GB RAM

I am booting the dvd on a sata dvd drive.

img2586sq3.th.jpg

img2584ku1.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same exact issue as NAXDON, freezes at that exact screen.

MSI P6N SLI Platinum (2.61 BIOS)

2gb RAM

nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb

80gig IDE drive

Booting the DVD on an IDE DVD drive

• 2 weeks later...

Screen freezing is because of 1.6 BIOS, I have Platinum P6N SLI, and it was 1.2 ran fine, tested update to 1.6 it wouldnt boot, downgraded to 1.5 runs fine. Try it out.

I had a question if someone could answer it, My issue is the system freezes, well not really freeze, but the mouse goes hay wire, i can still use the keyboard, and the computer literally slows down like freezing up but i can tab without issue. Any ideas? really would like someone to help me this is my only issue.. sorry I know shouldnt ask questions

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the EXACT same problem as you NAXDON. The ISO had like 7 hashfails on download so I suspect it might be that, not sure though.

Here are my comp's specs:

nVidia 680i SLIC55 Motherboard

Core2Extreme QuadCore 3Ghz Processor

4 GB Memory

2 500 GB Sata drives (disconnected...)

250 GB IDE HDD

I'm using a SATA Drive and a +R burned at 16x, however, I used a -RW at 2x before and that failed as well with the same problem.

Edit: Oh wow, should've read the post above mine. I also have the same BIOS version as you Kagaku, 2.61, so what do we downgrade it to?

• 2 months later...