Mighty Wtf..

ToA

37 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I'm in favor of the negative comments, I have used lots of mice, from microsoft and logitech but this apple one is garbage, the scroll wheel is way to small and too quick when scrolling, so can't use it for cover flow as it scrolls 3 albums at a time, the right click does not always work and the bottom surface has way to much friction so the thing does not even move properly, tried a steelpad, and wood and plastic and paper but it's dog poop, payign anythign over £25 for this is a rip off, worst invetion ever!!! and WTF is with the super hard squeeze to use the side buttons.... Apple should be ashamed on themselves, and i'm not even complaining about connection or dirt problems... only reason I bought it because my RF band has to much interference so can't use myG7 properly, but the Logitech G7 is the best apple mouse you can get, thescroll wheel is a-mazing, great for cover flow navigation..

Lol a humorous topic...

All apple Mice are retched.

But on a funny side note all my Microsoft Peripherals seem to work better on the Mac than the PC.

I hit the play button on my MS wireless kb and iTunes opens instantly and plays music.

In windows world I have to open the application and the buttons only work when that application has focus.

And the comfort mouse well horizontal scrolling and the zoom button dont work in windows but on the mac the are working properly.

I wonder if the mac mice work better on the pc

Strangly.. My Mighty Mouse works better on windows and Ubuntu lol ! :)

Apple and MS should compare notes when it comes to Mice... Wouldn't buy an MS mouse like lol... Logitech all the way ;)

Think Mark

I'd have to agree with people who say the mighty mouse sucks. It doesn't really suck but for a company that's motto is "It Just Works" and doesn't live up to it, is doing something wrong.

I have bought 2 mice. The first one got dirty and the scroll wheel wouldn't work, the right click didn't work. I cleaned it as stated from previous posts and that worked for a time, but 2 weeks later it went back to being the same way. Cracked it open and it was for a month. Finally I just wrecked it and threw it away.

Maybe the MM that I have now will be different, if not, I'm getting a Microsoft or Logitech one.

Love the Wireless Keyboard though!

I'm not hating on Macintosh, hell I own a MBP but some Apple products are pure sh@t, like the Macbook Air

• 1 month later...
I use a Logitech mouse right in front of my iMac. Yes it doesn't look great, but the Mighty is just too loud and isn't nearly as comfortable.

MM is one of the worst mice I've ever used. Borderline useless.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how it's that useless..

Ok, it's no super mouse with 100+ features, but for me it works. Yeh, the scroll ball doesn't work, but it's not really necessary, i can live without one :(

I find the Mighty Mouse great for everything i do, maybe it's just that i haven't tried any others.. or maybe it's just because it's a MOUSE.

No?

• 4 weeks later...
Imagine someone using a Microsoft Mouse in front of an iMac,

that would truly be a person with a very bad design taste.

While I do admit I love Apple products, not everything they touch turns to pure gold. If you are pleased with your Mighty Mouse, great. Just don't get your panties in a wad when some else speaks ill of your "precious." It's just a hunk of hardware.

My impressions of Apple's Mighty Mouse? Well, it sure is beautiful. I didn't like the fact it blew through batteries so quickly. When it worked, it worked very elegantly. Still, it was a beast to keep operational. I finally gifted the thing away. I'm back using my trusty Desktop Elite Wireless Keyboard and IntelliMouse Explorer. The switch EASILY cut my battery usage by more than 2/3s and I don't have to baby the mouse. I'm not a slob but I don't work in an ISO certified cleanroom either.

In my personal opinion, the Mighty Mouse is not up to Apple's usual standards... yet. As for aesthetics, Microsoft's black, gray, and silver match my MacBook Pro, Monitor and All-in-One better than Apple's offering. I'll make it a point to set them in front of the new iMac and see how horrible it really looks. :)

I like the look of Apple mouses. yes, they are sexy and the whiteness is just gorgeous. Even their previous generations of apple pro mouse (you know, the ones with transparent plastic) blow all other mouse away in term of sexyness.

BUT!!!

I'm using a microsoft mouse right now purchased in 2001, you know, the optical mouse with only 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. yeah, its still going strong.

HOWEVER!

I do like apple's Pro Keyboards - the ones that came with the G4 Cube, black keys enclosed in a clear plastic case. that would be my second favorite keyboard after the old ps/2 IBM keyboard that makes a loud clack sound.

And to echo someone else's comment about the Mighty mouse looking and feeling like a bar of soap. I thought the same thing when i first used it in a showroom. lol.

• 3 weeks later...