Mighty Wtf..

ToA

37 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
..or get a decent mouse.

Nice spam comment.

All you have to do is to turn the Mighty Mouse upside down, then grab yourself a microfibre cloth,

and some Cleaner Spray (CRT Cleaner works great!).

Spray a little bit on the cloth, and then rub against the Scrollball of the Mighty Mouse, while still holding it upside down.

Continue this for a few minutes, it works fine!

Nice spam comment.

All you have to do is to turn the Mighty Mouse upside down, then grab yourself a microfibre cloth,

and some Cleaner Spray (CRT Cleaner works great!).

Spray a little bit on the cloth, and then rub against the Scrollball of the Mighty Mouse, while still holding it upside down.

Continue this for a few minutes, it works fine!

You should NEVER have to fix a mouse.

You should NEVER have to fix a mouse.

Stay away from this thread if you can only help with unproductive comments.

One can't prevent dust and dirt to enter any mouse,

from time to time you will have to clean it.

And the way you clean the Mighty mouse is more than simple, even you could do it.

Tell me a better mouse than the Mighty Mouse... There is none. : )

How the ;) did this become so important all of a sudden. Is our human logic too stupid to tell us how to clean a mouse. Whenever I have a broken mouse that thing many of us call a brain gives me two things 1. Clean it 2. If the first thing did not work, toss it!. And all of you, the help, it's much appreciated but I don't think that this is so hard. But if today's society is this retarded tell me and i'll clean this post right up!

Tell me a better mouse than the Mighty Mouse... There is none. : )

Uh, any mouse from Logitech, or even Microsoft (yes, even M$ makes better mice than Apple). Mighty mouse is clearly form over function.

For being a hardware company, you'd think Apple would know how to design a mouse.

Uh, any mouse from Logitech, or even Microsoft (yes, even M$ makes better mice than Apple). Mighty mouse is clearly form over function.

For being a hardware company, you'd think Apple would know how to design a mouse.

There is none, like I said (at least for me).

And now you even gave the worst examples, sorry.

Microsoft mice are awful, because of their hugeness and bad design, if you ask me.

I had many different mice in the past (including Logitech and Razer),

and this is by far the best one.

This, btw, is the most hilarious part of your post.

Imagine someone using a Microsoft Mouse in front of an iMac,

that would truly be a person with a very bad design taste.

Whatsoever, I'm not going to discuss with you, so don't waste your time replying, mate. :P

There is none, like I said. And now you even gave the worst examples, sorry mate.

Microsoft mice are awful, because of their hugeness and bad design, if you ask me.

To each his own, but Apple mice are terrible, and alot of people agree with me. I'd rather use the trackpad on my MacBook than a Mighty Mouse. The only cool feature(s) of the Mighty Mouse are the Bluetooth capabilities and scroll ball (which has issues, as noted in this thread.) The side buttons have almost no feedback, and the mushy "right click" drives me nuts, and is HIT AND MISS (but hey, 50% of the time it works all the time). It's also uncomfortable for long periods of use -- its like holding a bar of Dove soap. Looks like it, too.

Shall I continue?

There is none, like I said (at least for me).

And now you even gave the worst examples, sorry.

This, btw, is the most hilarious part of your post.

Imagine someone using a Microsoft Mouse in front of an iMac,

that would truly be a person with a very bad design taste.

Whatsoever, I'm not going to discuss with you, so don't waste your time replying, mate. :P

I use a Logitech mouse right in front of my iMac. Yes it doesn't look great, but the Mighty is just too loud and isn't nearly as comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...

i personally hated using the mighty mouse on the school imacs... however my microsoft mouse (comfort optical 3000) actually works better in OS X than it does in Windows - it's got a horizontal scrolling feature that works as it should in os x, but is hit+miss in windows (won't work with most applications)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of all the mice I've ever used in my life, the only ones that fail on a regular basis are apple ones. And he's right, you shouldn't have to clean your mouse. You shouldn't have to rub it against a piece of paper, or "crack it open."

"It just works"

Tell that to the two dead apple "pro" mice (dumbest design I've ever seen btw, who's hand natuarally fits that shape? Maybe someone who eats lots of twinkies?) sitting in a drawer at work. Or the plethora of dead hockeypucks that now grace some random landfill. (Another "I woke up drunk and need a mouse design in 20 min." type of deal there.)

Meanwhile my trusty Logitec G5 keeps mousing along. It's outlived one mac keyboard (from our mac pro) and two apple "pro" mice. Now that... Just works.