Forum Trolls, Crap Flooding and Moderation

bofors

33 posts in this topic

Because I practice my views. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyone who is offended by trolling, BTW, is a regular person. Surely you've been offended by someone personally attacking you before. If not, they should target you and really attack you so you can find out exactly how it feels to be targeted by someone else.

Anyone who is offended by trolling, BTW, is a regular person. Surely you've been offended by someone personally attacking you before. If not, they should target you and really attack you so you can find out exactly how it feels to be targeted by someone else.

Hello, this is the INTERNET.

Regardless of what you think, it's NOT a safe-haven for the easily-offended. The world's most visited website (excl. search engines), YouTube, is a prime example of opposition or "trolling", if you will, on the internet. Nearly every video's comments (or even the video itself) has some form of bashing, or smirk comments. What impression does that leave on the world? That people have right to opinion, and is exercised easily on the internet.

If you cannot deal with negativity, debate, or opposition on the internet, please, find another source of communication -- like say -- oh, idunno, calling your Mom. She'll tell you that you're a special little boy, because that's what you needed to hear. :)

Hello, this is the INTERNET.

Regardless of what you think, it's NOT a safe-haven for the easily-offended. The world's most visited website (excl. search engines), YouTube, is a prime example of opposition or "trolling", if you will, on the internet. Nearly every video's comments (or even the video itself) has some form of bashing, or smirk comments. What impression does that leave on the world? That people have right to opinion, and is exercised easily on the internet.

If you cannot deal with negativity, debate, or opposition on the internet, please, find another source of communication -- like say -- oh, idunno, calling your Mom. She'll tell you that you're a special little boy, because that's what you needed to hear. :unsure:

I don't have time to look thru spammers like you and which have no useful existence. There is a reason why this site split off the best people to others. It is not about who is easily offended or not. It is about quality. One thing is a debate and opposition, another thing are uselessness and trolling.

I suggest that we should work towards having the quality and etiquette which makes this attractive, and not full off nonsense like your example of comments on youtube videos. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to plaster your house full of posters.

I don't have time to look thru spammers like you and which have no useful existence. There is a reason why this site split off the best people to others. It is not about who is easily offended or not. It is about quality. One thing is a debate and opposition, another thing are uselessness and trolling.

I suggest that we should work towards having the quality and etiquette which makes this attractive, and not full off nonsense like your example of comments on youtube videos. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to plaster your house full of posters.

Yes, because none of your 500+ of your posts aren't subjective or opinionated. :P What exactly have you contributed that benefited my life, anyway? AFAIK, nothing, and I had to take time out of my life to read your senseless rant.

My point is, there are specific sub-forums that work very well - example, OSX86 Install Forum - that serves it's purpose very well. Rarely do we see any debate, let alone "trolling". Any debate usually ends up in the appropriate sub-forums. You need to expect random, yet balanced opinions, or a message board doesn't work.

Besides, I don't even see where you're getting at with your post. It's kind of lacking quality. Instead of taking aim at me, next time, why not actually contribute to the thread? You're being, in words, a hypocrite.