GA-G31M-S2L PATA issue

G31

4 posts in this topic

1)

I have download a leopard install image(ToH Leopard X86 RC2), but when installer startup the DiskUtility can't find my PATA Harddisk and USB HDD. My DVD-ROM is connected by SATA. In system BIOS the "On-chip SATA mode" is set to "Combined" already.

2)

Is there any driver for ALC662 Audio chip ?

My computer env.

Intel E2180

2GB Memory

GA-G31M-S2L

Onboard X3100

PATA HDD 20G

SATA DVDRW

please help me. so many thx!

• 2 months later...

OK, OK.

I have got the whole thing working nice :).

I installed it many times, before I got the process down pat.

I used both/either SATA and PATA (separately and together).

I am using a GIGABYTE ga-g31m-s2l motherboard.

I have got either Geforce 6/7 or Geforce 8 to work (special driver for Geforce 8). mine is a 8600GT.

Networking seems stable after some initial hiccups, nothing serious, and it generally works well.

I am writing full procedures at my blog http://cpubbq.blogspot.com/2008/01/osx86-o...structions.html

I have got Geforce 8 series working.

I have got over the b0 error, problem.

I have got over the no driver for ALC662 problem.

I have got over the Realtek NIC issue.

It is still work in progress, but we shall see..

Cheers

Oscar.

• 3 months later...
OK, OK.

I have got the whole thing working nice :).

I installed it many times, before I got the process down pat.

I used both/either SATA and PATA (separately and together).

I am using a GIGABYTE ga-g31m-s2l motherboard.

I have got either Geforce 6/7 or Geforce 8 to work (special driver for Geforce 8). mine is a 8600GT.

Networking seems stable after some initial hiccups, nothing serious, and it generally works well.

I am writing full procedures at my blog http://cpubbq.blogspot.com/2008/01/osx86-o...structions.html

I have got Geforce 8 series working.

I have got over the b0 error, problem.

I have got over the no driver for ALC662 problem.

I have got over the Realtek NIC issue.

It is still work in progress, but we shall see..

Cheers

Oscar.

What exactly did you go through to get the network up and running? I used Kalyway v2 (10.5.2) and I have the audio working out of the box and I have my NVidia card working like a charm, but my network is still not working properly. The NIC is in the system profile but I cannot get a connection with DHCP or Static IP with the NIC set to 10Mb Full.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all and keep up the good work.

Here's a doozie for you. I have the G31M-S2L mobo, Bios version F4, one pioneer SATA Multi drive on SATA1, one 250 Gig samsung SATAII drive on SATA0,

1 Gig ddr2 6500 memory in 2x 512 strips and a nvidia 8600GT 256 DDR2 Grafix card.

Here's the thing. I've been through all the forums and articles. the only image i can get to load past "Waiting for boot device with uuid etc.." is the leo4allv3 disk. I've tried the brazilmac, the kalyway 10.5.1, the leo4allv2 even the make HD bootable for Leo by Kalyway disk and still it wont go past "waiting for boot device with uuid etc..." although i have noticed that it doesn't give me the "still waiting" message it just stops! I have no special hardware, every man and his dog can install Leopard on this board except me. I can't help but feel I'm doing something wrong. I've tried SATA in combined, non combined, auto and enhanced and still no leo disk or tiger disk will boot.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or at least tell me what i'm doing wrong and call me a {censored}. please feel free.