Radeon 3850/3870 thread

netkas

212 posts in this topic

hello all need help to ati Raedon sapphire hd 3850 AGP? so I have 1024x768 resolution.

download driver ati hd 3850 agp?

steps to implement the EFIstudio?

thnks please help

Jiujitsu, please keep in touch, I have same hardware and same questions. I'll let you know if I manage to succeed.

Jiujitsu, please keep in touch, I have same hardware and same questions. I'll let you know if I manage to succeed.

Result ?

iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 (Lite Edition).

My Hardware:

2GB Ddr 1

AMD64 3500+

Creative SB X-Fi

AVerMedia A16D PCI Hybrid DVB-T

SAPPHIRE HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 AGP

Samsung SyncMaster Magic CX226CW(Digital)

Cordless Desktop® MX™ 5000 Keyboard & Mice

http://www.epox.com/product.asp?id=EP-9NDA3J

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

I have installed ideneb V1.5 with selected the HD 3800 Series driver.

After installation osx starts perfekt and fast. But the driver are not detected.

Its stand "no kext loaded".

I have installed the PCIE driver for 3800 from this forum.

Than i have instaled manuelly and changed the .kext from x2000 to 0x95011002 but nothing do.

Only 1280x1024

what can i do?

Thanks you all!

• 5 months later...

I have a question im trying to finally get snow leopard installed on my computer. I think my flash drive is working as it booted. But right before leopard boots my monitor goes black. I have a 3870. Its actually still sending a signal to my monitor the only problem is the signal refresh rate is too high. So my monitor will not display whats supposed to be on the screen.

I originally had the monitor hooked up via dvi. It showed nothing on the screen at all. When the monitor is hooked up via vga it says something to the effect of 75hz unsupported/ 60hz supported

• 4 months later...

I am also having the same problem.

I have successfully installed iPC 10.5.6 PPF5

Whenever I install the driver package that was included in the installer I always get a kernel panic, BUT when I install it w/o the driver of the GPU. It works properly on -x only though. I get a green garbage thingie if I don't boot on -x.

Do you think that flashing my GPU with an older BIOS will fix the problem?

What exact have you installed , Dsdt changes ? Efi string ? which bootloader , boot.plist ?

At least 10.5.x should not be an NO GO. Only SL is NO GO (for my knowledge).

You also can try newer chameleon bootloaders (RC5 pretypes) which support lots (more than older RC4 Final ) of ATI GPUs by that Graphicenabler=Yes in boot.plist.

Sure, to try this you have to remove all efistring or dsdt things (and save them somewhere als backup).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216726

What exact have you installed , Dsdt changes ? Efi string ? which bootloader , boot.plist ?

At least 10.5.x should not be an NO GO. Only SL is NO GO (for my knowledge).

You also can try newer chameleon bootloaders (RC5 pretypes) which support lots (more than older RC4 Final ) of ATI GPUs by that Graphicenabler=Yes in boot.plist.

Sure, to try this you have to remove all efistring or dsdt things (and save them somewhere als backup).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216726

I have installed the default DSDT, not sure about the EFI Strings, and also the default bootloader.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I recently started my intrest in Mac OSX and really really want leopard to work on my humble pc.

I am new to this Mac OSX so please forgive me for my noob qeustions :)

First of all this is my system:

CPU: Intel E6750

Motherboard: GA-P35C-DS3R

VGA: ATI HD3870

Harddisk: Maxtor 30GB IDE

RAM: 6GB

I installed iATKOS S3 and iATKOS V7 both give me black screen.

I also tried the Kalyway 10.5.2 this one doesn't go further then installation on HDD, cause is gives me some OxfordDictionaries error :) .

I have read countless posts about how to install OSX and what issues i might get, so far as i am now i know that i have a VGA card driver compatibility problem.

But I still cant figure it out how to get my VGA working.

I have been trying for some days now and cant figure it out, hopefully someone can help me out :D .

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi!!, sorry for my english, I'm from Spain.

I have the "Snow Leopard 10.6.8" with sound, 5.1, wi-fi etc but, with my HD3850 run at 80%.

I have a Ati Shappire HD3850 512mb DDR3 PCI-E with a Asus P5KPL motherboard.

I follow the next steps:

1.-Install the SL 10.6.3 and I restart in safe mode (-X)

2.-Install the combo 10.6.8 and after, without reboot install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8 with chimera enabled.

3.-Don't restart, go to "System/Library/Extensions" and copy Ati3800Controller.kext to desktop and delete the original on "System/Library/Extensions".

4.-At same folder, I deleted the AtiRadeonX2000.kext.

5.-Now, I open the package of Ati3800Controller.kext of desktop and, on info.plist I changed the ID "1002 9501" to "1002 9505 of my card.

6.-Install the Ati3800Controller.kext of desktop with Kext helper or similar.

4.- Now reboot and :)

I'm very happy, now I have the two outs of my graphic card running (HDMI with DVI adapter and VGA with DVI adapter), it recognised my flat monitor and my flat TV.

Well, at "hardware/graphics/displays don't show "Ati HD3850", show the generic "HD3800 controller". Ok it's not problem for me because I have it running at 1080i.

Well, the really problem is when I tested the QE/CI, the screensaver (ok), playing chess (ok) but when I Drag and drop a widget it don't make the ripple-like effect (or cool effects).

I test playing a movie on VLC player but, I have sound only (Black screen). The QE/CI don't run properly.

Any help for me??

Thanks in advance!!