Scrolling for Hackintosh's

i_am...me

65 posts in this topic

Deleting the trackpad kext worked on my dv6110us. I still have to boot with a USB mouse and USB keyboard every time or I get an error at IOKit. Usually it hangs for about 5 minutes at "waiting for IOKit to quiesce". After that, it boots, but the kb/trackpad do not work.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys , i Deleted /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext - then i rebooted and kept getting kernal panic ,

ofcourse before deleting kept a backup, so i restored from the backup now when i boot i get this

The System Extension "/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext" was installed imporoperly and cannot be used. Please try re-installing it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

when i hit OK every is the way i want, scrolling works but i was wondering is there anyway to STOP the kext from loading at boot time so i dont get that error msg. ?

thanks in advance.

Intel based DV9000 series running iAtkos 10.5.4 v4:

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext caused a seemingly repetitive io catalouge error. I had to copy the original back.

However the method above Guiik removing "Apple" works perfectly. Thanks!

Intel based DV9000 series running iAtkos 10.5.4 v4:

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext caused a seemingly repetitive io catalouge error. I had to copy the original back.

However the method above Guiik removing "Apple" works perfectly. Thanks!

that method works great and enables scorlling HOWEVER when i removed the file i got scorlling AND when i double tap the touch pad it acted as a CLICK which is what i use alot ... only if i could stop the kext from loading.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a C571NR and am using iATKOS v4i (Leopard 10.5.4) with almsot everything working perfectly, including internal wireless.

However, I can NOT get the trackpad side scrolling to work, no matter what I do! I have in past installations (of the same distro) gotten it to work by installing a kext but that no longer works! If I try to install any kexts to enable scrolling (using kext helper) it crashes immediately and I am forced to hard power off, sometimes leaving me with a broken trackpad and keyboard until I reinstall the originals (which also crash right after installing them) using a USB mouse/keyboard.

I have tried the kexts, the plist edits, and everything else that I've read... But nothing works. I did get FFScroll to work but its just about useless to me as the scrolling is inaccurate and impossible for me to use.

So, again, I'm on 10.5.4, tried kexts only to crash and still scroll-les, tried the plist edits, still nothing... What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any forthcoming help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

every body talk about ffscroll, but i can't find it, even in google, i've found just the ppc version, but obviously it doesn't work with ipc 10.5.6, somebody can tell me where to find the phb's ffscrollX version? i found a site but not online.

i Just need to create a side scrolling in my dell d610, which work in linux and windows too.

Tapping and trackpad is working fine, even pointer stick is working fine, after modified the kext ApplePS2trackpad.kext inside applePS2Controller.kext, but but but i can't put any kind of scroll working, neither a side scrolling nor two finger scroll, and i want o try with fscroll but i can't find it.

just doesn't work to me, the OS doesn't boot after it, i have to put the file again in the OS again.

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

However the method above Guiik removing "Apple" works but i have not scroll.

please help me, i've started thinking that is not possible any kind of scrool in my dell d610, everything else is working perfect.

Thanks in Advance

Macosito :censored2:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
You should use Smart Scroll X. It allows you to set a key to tap then you can scroll with your trackpad. I think this works way better than the side scroll on Windows.

Check it out-- http://www.marcmoini.com.

:) Worked great on my synaptics. Use the beta version for 10.5.

HeXane

HP DV6626us

Everything works Xcept onBoard Speakers. :(:(

it didnot worked for me instead it disabled my trackpad and keyboard ( for this i have to restart the computer to make my keyboard work)

plz suggest some best kext for alps and synatpic my laptop is acer aspire 4730z

• 2 months later...
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext did work on my HP Pavilion dv2700 series. I have even single/double tap working. Modifying the abovementioned file didn't work, though. I use Kaly10.5.2

Doing the same and delete extesions.mkext worked on samsung 10" N135 w/10.5.6 and voodoo kernel 9.5

functions now :

left click

double click + hold = drag

will try to get 2 fingers scrolling / right click.