Leopard Perfect Install

Onetrack

1,041 posts in this topic

Hi Insanely Mac members,

I am a new member and no knowledge about DOS COMMANDS to run KALYWAY DVD 10.5.2 LEOPARD OSX86 and ADD_NATIT.KTEXT_TO_DVD PATCH FOLDER on USB FAT32 32MB PEN DRIVE. I burned twice bootable DVD properly (total 116kb size shows on my computer). It boots for few lines but moment I put any command like -v it goes off to reboot loop.

I have best fastest pc configuration of 2002 Dual Boot OS but without SATA / PCI EXPRESS / CORE 2.

32 bit motherboard: ASUS P4T533-R. PATA / IDE / ULTRA ATA / USB 2.0

INTEL CHIPSET FAMILY: 850E

RDRAM RIMM 4200 (PC 1066) MEMORY: 1 GB

P4 HT PROCESSOR 478 SOCKET: 3.06 GHz HT 533MHz FSB

NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 AGP GPU: ASUS V9999 256MB DDR2

PRIMARY MASTER: SEAGATE 750GB (XP PRO - TOTAL 4 PARTITIONS) (PATA / IDE)

PRIMARY SLAVE: SEAGATE 300GB (VISTA - WITHOUT / NO PARTITION) (PATA / IDE)

SECONDARY MASTER: MAXTOR 40GB (SPARE HD FOR LEOPARD OS) (PATA / IDE)

SECONDARY SLAVE: SONY DVD RW DRU-820A (PATA / IDE)

TV TUNER: HAUPPAGE PVR 150 MCE KIT PCI

Since last month I studied & researched very hard about all Installation Guides, Compatibility patches drivers, Individual Success Stories but no luck to solve my problem.

PROBLEMS:

1. Each Lines Step by Step Commands from Booting DVD to get Apple Logo / Disk Utility.

2. How to apply patch folder (Natit.Ktext) from FAT-32 Pen Drive USB 2.0.

3. Do we need Kalyway Format HD for 10.5.2? If yes how to fomat HD and when to do it?

4. BEST PATCHES / COMMANDS / SOFTWARE FOR ABOVE PATA AGP P4 HT RDRAM PC CONFIGRURATION.

Please please.

Thnks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have a LiveDVD of Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2. Is this the same thing as this "Kalyway boot prepare cd for Leopard", or is it more like this "Kalyway 10.5.3 update combo" I've seen floating around? Or is it something totally different? I'm not seeing this thing anywhere, and I'm starting to think it no longer exists on the web, not at "Byrate Bay" :) or "Rapid Hare" or anywhere else.

• 1 month later...
After successfully installing OSX on my PC I'm getting this error..

Can anyone help me.

I can see you have an nForce chipset, so might be something to do with that.

You'll likely need to post COMPLETE details of WHAT OSX86 was installed (Kalyway, iATKOS, etc. and version, with what install options were used) and hardware details (mobo model & BIOS ver, CPU, HD type, video card) for anyone to be able to help further.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I had a nerve racking experience installing Leopard on my PC, but got it to work :D

I initially was getting the "Still waiting for root device" msg. I did read every single article on this forum. Some said it was a nvidia card issue. I removed the card and used my internal video card. And I still was getting that error. Then another article made mention that it could be a SATA HD issue, so I then installed it on my ide and disabled my other SATA HD. but that error still showed up.

In the end, I put back the video card and the sata drive. and followed these settings.

JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3

In the Installation window, these were my settings

Kernel pack -> StageXNU

Chipset -> VIA SIS MARVELL

-> SAS Chipset

Audio -> AC97

Clean up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my pc details

Mainboard ModelP4M800Pro-8237BIOS VendorAward Software International, Inc.BIOS VersionF3BIOS Date04/27/2006Memory SPD Module 1DDR2, PC2-4300 (266 MHz), 512 MBytes, SpecTek IncorporatedNameIntel Pentium 4 524Code NamePrescottSpecificationIntel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHzPackageSocket 775 LGAMy video is an NVIDIA FX5200 and my HDD is 500GB SEAGATE SATA Drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To conclude, I have sound and can browse the internet on my new mac. Thanks Jas for the release.

regards

Astroboy

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I did this install back in 2007 and it worked awesome. Now I am trying to install aperture2 and it wants me to update Leopard to the current version I have never done any updates on this system since the origonal install is it safe to to the update or will it mess the whole thing up? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help . . .. . .

ok so I did this install back in 2007 and it worked awesome. Now I am trying to install aperture2 and it wants me to update Leopard to the current version I have never done any updates on this system since the origonal install is it safe to to the update or will it mess the whole thing up? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help . . .. . .

it can be a bomb. I have tried several methods. post here and on hackint0sh. The only one that work was the one in stages. 10.5.3 comb then 10.5.4 9 easiest, then 10.5.5 hardest because it installs new ktext. I post what i did somewhere here. i updated leo4all v2 to 10.5.5 . I still have to enter update -v at boot.

ASUS P5Q P45 Pro M/B

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz) CPU/12M BOX

Powercolor HD4850 PCI-E 512MB DDR3 (w DisplayPort Output)

2x A-Data DDR-2 800MHZ 2G Ram

Seagate 500GB SATA II/32MB HDD

Pioneer 20X DVD Writer SATA

Can it support for OSX 10.5..? As I am the beginner, can anyone help to guide me to install it?

ASUS P5Q P45 Pro M/B

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz) CPU/12M BOX

Powercolor HD4850 PCI-E 512MB DDR3 (w DisplayPort Output)

2x A-Data DDR-2 800MHZ 2G Ram

Seagate 500GB SATA II/32MB HDD

Pioneer 20X DVD Writer SATA

Can it support for OSX 10.5..? As I am the beginner, can anyone help to guide me to install it?

i have asus p5q...it need to flash the bios with a modded bios version

4gb ram

sapphire hd4850 512mb...not supported yet...

bah...sorry for my bad english

i have asus p5q...it need to flash the bios with a modded bios version

4gb ram

sapphire hd4850 512mb...not supported yet...

bah...sorry for my bad english

Is there any different between p5q and p5q pro? currently, my BIOS version is 1501, is that your mentioned bios version?

Is that mean I need to add / buy another display card which is supported? If yes, which model is better? can u advise?

Thanks.

Hi people,

I´m new to this forum and the hacintosh world.

Tired of windows problems, i decided to give mac a try, without changing the whole system for now.

I just bought an intel core i7 with Intel DX58SO Motherboard. It has 6gb ddr3 1033 and Nvidia 9500GT 1gb Graphic Card.

Also have the N-audio Delta 44 sound card.

Is it possible to install OsX on this machine?

I also have an old AMD X2 4600+ with DFI RDX200 CF-DR motherboard. It has 4GB of DDR400.

Which one is the best version of OsX Hacintosh to install?

What can I do to make things happen?

Thanks for the patience,

Daniel

• 4 months later...
Hello guys, can you help me to make any osx86 to work on my notebook Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi1554? It's intel core2duo - 2ghz, 2gb ram, 2x160 gb hdd/sata-via 6421 chipset, ati x1900 (1920x1200 display). I tried to install JAS, UPHUCK, iATKOS, KALYWAY, but Non of them could see my hard drive in disk utility, cos my sata chipset. Is there any solution for that. please help

He there,

have you tried installing on a USB Drive yet? I have the exact same model. And after installing 10.5.5 I can give the boot parameter rd=disk1s2 and boot off the external drive. But no sound and stretched 1600x1200 is maximum graphics. Hope that helps.