Leopard Perfect Install

Onetrack

1,041 posts in this topic

Just remember everyone, this guide is meant for people with Intel "Core" Family CPUs. Such as CoreDuo, Core2Duo, Core2Quad, etc. If you have a CPU other than PC_EFI supported ones, you're going to need a modified kernel. That is all.

-Stell

Hey Guys,

I have one of the new E2140, Intel Pentium Dual Core CPUs. Would this processor be considered one that needs a modified kernel and if so which one --> newbie

BTW. I am using the same board has Stell and Onetrack. After following Onetrack's guide step by step - Starting 1st with the Kalyway Boot CD and then restarting with Leopard Patched DVD, I then get this each time - I tried 3 times --> /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/com.apple.boot.plist' not found (I am trying to dual boot with Vista already installed - just like I did with XxX version of Tiger 10.4.10 successfully). Each time that error occurs I have to repair my Vista winloader to get into Vista. Any ideas, guys?

Note: I am using a SATA HD which I have 60GB partitioned for Leopard

Thanks,

SojasMAC

Hey Guys,

I have one of the new E2140, Intel Pentium Dual Core CPUs. Would this processor be considered one that needs a modified kernel and if so which one --> newbie

BTW. I am using the same board has Stell and Onetrack. After following Onetrack's guide step by step - Starting 1st with the Kalyway Boot CD and then restarting with Leopard Patched DVD, I then get this each time - I tried 3 times --> /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/com.apple.boot.plist' not found (I am trying to dual boot with Vista already installed - just like I did with XxX version of Tiger 10.4.10 successfully). Each time that error occurs I have to repair my Vista winloader to get into Vista. Any ideas, guys?

Thanks,

SojasMAC

Thanks Onetrack for your fast response. I appreciate your help.

I got the solution to my problem guys, no need to respond.

Onetrack saved the day.

Thx,

SojasMAC :)

The E2140 is described as a ' cut down - low-clocked conroe ' so the processor should be good. After having an im conversation your issue with the boot.com.apple.plist is due to you trying to get this running on a permission and the boot loader does not know where osx is. You can either manually edit apples bootloader which will get fuxxed by microsofts.

As I suggested the best option is to install osx on a seperate drive, and use bios to handle your multi boot scenario.

GL with that

One

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

SojasMAC

I finally got my hands on the Kalyway Make Boot CD, followed everything too the letter. EFI and boot working. When It loads up I get the blue screen before desktop loads up. I'm trying different things and researching to solve the problem, but any insight would be most welcome.

HP Laptop DV6226us

I finally got my hands on the Kalyway Make Boot CD, followed everything too the letter. EFI and boot working. When It loads up I get the blue screen before desktop loads up. I'm trying different things and researching to solve the problem, but any insight would be most welcome.

HP Laptop DV6226us

This seems to have been a common problem with the "Blue screen". If anyone can think of any solutions or if you've had it post some info.

-Stell

This seems to have been a common problem with the "Blue screen". If anyone can think of any solutions or if you've had it post some info.

-Stell

I solved my blue screen problem by deleting the Extensions.mkext from single user mode, altho I used the flat image install, the blue screen problem seems to be similar.Let me know if that works for you guys.

I'll try this install tonite and see how it goes.

Does this install have the restart/shutdown problem with the vanilla kernel?

Ok, this is the thing I've gotten it working. Blue screen fix, you have to replace the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer file, I just copied it twice and named 1 .fix so when it gets over written in updates I can just copy that file back, also copied the ACPI and PS2 Controller off brazil's patch to fix the PS2 Keyboard mouse problem on laptop.

That rox Vampyric - which laptop have you got and what is / isn't supported under leopard. Is PC_EFI working for you?

Ok, this is the thing I've gotten it working. Blue screen fix, you have to replace the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer file, I just copied it twice and named 1 .fix so when it gets over written in updates I can just copy that file back, also copied the ACPI and PS2 Controller off brazil's patch to fix the PS2 Keyboard mouse problem on laptop.

I have a Radeon HD 2600XT...

Whether I use this method, or I use ToH once I get past all the text part of the install, and it's time to load the GUI part (presumably the blue screen), my screen just becomes a bunch of blue dots (the install still continues, I can tell, however...when I move mouse around some of the blue dots change.

Has anyone encountered this and have a work around?

Thanks!

/mdg

In the USB key, put the following items, unzip where needed.

pc_efi V5.2 (its the latest)

dsmos.kext

AppleSMBIOS.kext

NVinject for Leopard (only if you have an Nvidia based card, if not - ignore any references in the guide to NVinject)

Hi I'm a noob where can I get those files...

can I use uphuck 10.4.9 Tiger DVD instead kaliway? and ToH instead brazilmac?

I've been told I might get round the  "Still Waiting for Root Device" prob by using a USB DVD drive with a SATA HDD on Primary IDE0.  Could you shed any light on this? Many thanks
I bet your problem is with you using a USB DVD rather than an internal DVD drive like 99.9% of others. You are going to have to get an internal drive, or if your USB drive is a full size drive - chances are it's a standard IDE or SATA inside. Open it up, take the drive out, put it in your PC.
Does it working the same with ToH x86 leopard installation DVD ?
Yes, but you will need to replace almost all of the kexts that ToH install with kexts from a retail Leopard DVD, else EFI will not work at all.

I bet your problem is with you using a USB DVD rather than an internal DVD drive like 99.9% of others. You are going to have to get an internal drive, or if your USB drive is a full size drive - chances are it's a standard IDE or SATA inside. Open it up, take the drive out, put it in your PC.

Others have installed from USB, but I won't deny that is a possible cause.

I have tried an internal DVD PATA - I can install using it too, but I can't boot :D Spinning ball just stops just before a quick screen flicker - no stop sign

Because the PATA IDE port on the mobo is not native, the JMicron controller deals with it - which is where I think my original problems lay

In internal SATA MIGHT be the answer

Others have installed from USB, but I won't deny that is a possible cause.

I have tried an internal DVD PATA - I can install using it too, but I can't boot :D Spinning ball just stops just before a quick screen flicker - no stop sign

Because the PATA IDE port on the mobo is not native, the JMicron controller deals with it - which is where I think my original problems lay

In internal SATA MIGHT be the answer

The DVD possibly does not have drivers for your IDE. The Kalyway DVD didn't even work on my board at all, so I used the mac.nub 10.4.10 DVD to format the drive, then I had to use the ToH DVD as the BrazilMac kernel panicked due to an old kernel. I've made my own brazilmac DVD with a more up-to-date kernel, and more up-to-date kexts which might work better.

Give ToH a try. You will have to arse about replacing some kexts to get EFI working properly though.

BTW the thing that the Kalyway DVD installs is nothing more than a silly text file that says "enjoy your new leopard" or something like that... unless I've missed somehting.

edit: The Kalyway DVD doesn't even appear to be bootable...

That rox Vampyric - which laptop have you got and what is / isn't supported under leopard. Is PC_EFI working for you?

HP Dv6226us is the laptop, so far only thing that isnt' working of course, the HP sd card reader, intel wireless of course, which I'll be replacing with a Dell 1390 mini card off ebay this week. I havn't tested audio out yet, the built in mic dosn't work.

I've been making my notes, this week I'll be compiling a full Guide of everything I had to do to get everything working as well as starting my own little HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 blog.

I'm using EFI v52 and not going to upgrade to 6 unless I see a need for it in the future.

The E2140 is described as a ' cut down - low-clocked conroe ' so the processor should be good. After having an im conversation your issue with the boot.com.apple.plist is due to you trying to get this running on a permission and the boot loader does not know where osx is. You can either manually edit apples bootloader which will get fuxxed by microsofts.

As I suggested the best option is to install osx on a seperate drive, and use bios to handle your multi boot scenario.

GL with that

One

The E2140 and E2160 CPU's overclock like mad. I've got the E2160. 1.8Ghz stock, and I've had it running at 3.02GHz on my Asus P5N-E SLI board (currently in RMA). Unfortunately the ASRock board I'm running from right now does not overclock.

If you are running Vista, use EasyBCD to add an entry to Vista's boot menu for OSX. It works brilliantly.

Hi, Im kind of a noob but I have tried this before on an amd pc (I KNOW that this won't work on that computer). But I was wondering what kind of hardware restrictions there are with the unmodified kernel installation. Does anyone have any suggestions for video cards or motherboards. Thanks a lot.

Works Perfect for me!

First i have Install 10.5.1 Flat Image! Then Install EFI from Uphuck

Leo 10.5.1 updated via Software Update!

Leo Rocks

Mainboard: Asrock Conroe1333

Cpu: Core2Duo e4400 @ 2400 Ghz (OC)

Ram: 2GB Dual Channel ddr2

GMA 950 works Perfect

Fast as hell!