Free Web Hosting for InsanelyMac Users

Sleepy Sentry

14 posts in this topic

I recently started a free web hosting company, Spiro Host, and as an InsanelyMac forum member, would like to do something to give back to the forums. So I am offering double the space and bandwidth I normally offer my users to InsanelyMac members who register for a free hosting account.

Features:

* 500 MB space (1 GB for InsanelyMac users)

* 10 GB bandwidth (20 GB for InsanelyMac users)

* PHP & MYSQL

* Your choice of domain and/or subdomain

* Automated script installer (includes Joomla and phpBB)

* WYSIWYG editor

* FTP & integrated file manager

* Free support

* Free traffic monitoring software

* Ad-supported (small text ad at top of page only). No pop-ups or pop-unders of any kind.

* Instant activation

You can sign up for the hosting here. To get the extra space and bandwidth, simply PM me here with the username you registered with at Sprio Host. If you would like to see a full features list, click here.

We do not oversell like some free hosts do, and do not allow sites like proxies and warez content that take up vast amounts of resources to keep our servers running fast. All sites are hosted on a Linux server in Dallas, TX.

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Awesome! Does your free hosting allow remote access of MySQL databases? I am currently on paid hosting and my database max size is 100MB and if that runs out then I need a remote MySQL host.

So you're asking for something for nothing - for him to provide you with a facility without any potential of payment for him (because his profits come from ads, and those are only displayed if a visitor views a website hosted on this facility.)

That's going to work. :)

Wow...that is a sweet offer!!

I just started my own equine photography business and came to insanely mac to peruse the forum for some nice tips and tricks of the technical aspect of the business....and I saw your thread!

I need some space for my new website, that I haven't designed yet, as I do not have Dreamweaver...but wm working on it.

Does this offer stand for new members too?

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a review, but heres my analysis:

Screenshots of the interface:

Main Screen:

mainscreen.JPG

File Manager

filemanager.JPG

MySQL Database Administration

mysql.JPG

Account Settings

accountsettings.JPG

Support Tickets

supporttickets.JPG

And it does mention that there is some advertising. I can tell you now that the advertising is very reasonable, and its just one single small Google banner ad at the top. Heres what that looks like:

advertising.JPG

=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Overall, its pretty good. But there is one thing that sorta bugs me and this is a small problem with all LayeredPanel systems. Some file types are restricted from uploading, including the very important .htaccess files. Without htacess files you can't host any sort of forum or anything. So thats a bug and if it can be fixed that would be great.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything serious and overall it looks like very good and reasonable hosting :)

• 1 year later...