Intel 8255X network driver

bop4yh

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Dont work Intel network 8255x driver. Fireware, Bluetooth work perfect, but no Intel 8255 network card present. :)

Info file in AppleIntel8255x.kext have strings about my network card vendor & id, but card no detect by OSX.

Any ideas?

Leo great! )

=================================================

Leo, Toshiba A100-811, 1Gb RAM, 1,83 Intel Core 2 Duo.

I had the exactly that problem. Spent 5 hours trying to get it working until I used this file and added proper IDs to Info.plist:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=7135

Note that the included guide doesn't mention the ID's thing, but it is needed. Also, besides putting this in /System/Library/Extensions/, you may want replace the AppleIntel8255x.kext file included in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ with this one, of course after adding proper IDs to it.

I did all the above and finally got my ethernet back to the life, I hope it works for you.

I can't get mines to work either.. my pci id is 0x104c8086 (82562v)

Tried the files in the 2nd post, replacing the IONetworkingfamily/plugins...

help

still using 3com card for the time being since 10.4...

dunno why can't search for my post now

Ive got my intel 8255x with id 0x10928086 working on leopard, but after a 2 days, its stops working. You experienced this?

I am facing a strange behavior with my intel 8255x too.

Sometimes when I (cold) boot directly into leo, it's not recognized. Network preferences displays a "ethernet cable not plugged in" message. Then I have to reboot into linux (linux apparently setups the device correctly) to make it works in leo. I think there is a problem with apple's driver regarding the device initialization.

Look at the file /var/log/system.log for related errors. I have identified a lot of "self test error" messages in my case. Let me know if you see something unusual.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope someone still reads this... I got mine to work, inserting ID and all, but my network drops after a while. It somehow happens when running torrent clients, network will usualy drop few minutes after programs are started and torrents start to download. In system log I get this:

kernel[0]: Intel82557: chip reset
mDNSResponder[22]: Note: Frequent transitions for interface en0 (169.254.166.165); network traffic reduction measures in effect

Also what I find weird it that my network IPs are 192.168.x.x, I don't know where the 169.254 comes from, it couldn't be outside IP, must be some OSX internal IP or something.

Any help?

EDIT: Using Kalyway, SSE2

Also what I find weird it that my network IPs are 192.168.x.x, I don't know where the 169.254 comes from, it couldn't be outside IP, must be some OSX internal IP or something.

It's a standard thing called Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA)

When an IP can't be received via DHCP the system can be set to automatically assign one. (Usually in the 179.254.x.y subnet)

Using this you could continue local network activity even if your external connection was down.

The APIPA mechanism continues to check for a DHCP offer and if it receives one it will switch to the IP from the DHCP server.

It's not just an OS X thing either.

Sounds like the interface is being overwhelmed. Does the problem exist if you throttle the torrent uploading/download speeds?

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for a clue... i´m too searching in the forum guides, following step by step, and no lan working on mi PC... now i just finally find this reply, i download the kext included in the link, do it again step by step, and .. i was very happy... IT Works. Finally

Thank you so much...!!!!

PC Pentium 4 3GB (HT Disabled)

Ram 1 GB

Video Intel Intregrated Chipset (D865G working on 1280x1024x32) no QE, CE

Lan Intel Chipset Intregated 10/100 Pro/VE Ethernet (NOW WORKING FINE!!!)

HD 80 GB

Sound Integrated HD Realtek Audio Working Fine

• 2 months later...

I am experiencing the exact same network drop dillema. I'm running iATKOS 1.0r3 (for nVidia chipsets) with an Intel Pro 100/S card. I'm using the AppleIntel8255x kext with my device's ID added and I experience this issue after beginning to torrent:

com.apple.syslogd[12]: syslogd(12,0xa01f7fa0) malloc: *** mmap(size=2035712) failed (error code=12)
com.apple.syslogd[12]: *** error: can't allocate region
com.apple.syslogd[12]: *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
kernel[0]: Intel82557: chip reset

Repeated over and over. syslogd eventually crashes and I'm left with just the Intel chip reset line over and over.

Has anyone managed to solve this? Does it have to do solely with Leopard?