Tip: Users having iWeb problems due to no QE

binary

33 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Here's a great tip I discovered while playing around with iWeb and having the same freeze issues as other users without QE support. Remember plists are your friends. :excl:

Open the iWeb application by right clicking on the app and selecting "Show Package Contents"

Browse to "/Contents/Resources/" and open "deafults.plist" in textedit.

Find the lines "<key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<true/>"

and edit it to <key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<false/>"

Save

Relaunch iWeb.

No more freezing, prefectly usable.

I'm not quite sure if there are any ill effects, probably not, just no fancy effects and such.

Maybe those who have installed iMovie, or iDVD could find similar keys to get those apps working as well.

Enjoy! :D

Edited by binary

omg works here

can't belive: i'm on sse2 without QECI

thanks very much man

just works now :D :D

it can be done on pages and keynote? maybe something like this trick.

Edit: Hell Yeah, it is!

Pages working here with the same trick of iweb :excl:

Hi guys,

Here's a great tip I discovered while playing around with iWeb and having the same freeze issues as other users without QE support. Remember plists are your friends. :excl:

Open the iWeb application by right clicking on the app and selecting "Show Package Contents"

Browse to "/Contents/Resources/" and open "deafults.plist" in textedit.

Find the lines "<key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<true/>"

and edit it to <key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<false/>"

Save

Relaunch iWeb.

No more freezing, prefectly usable.

I'm not quite sure if there are any ill effects, probably not, just no fancy effects and such.

Maybe those who have installed iMovie, or iDVD could find similar keys to get those apps working as well.

Enjoy! :D

Well Done! Nice job and thanks for taking the time to share it all with us!

At first look there are no plists for either Keynote or iMovie containing "SFRAcceleratedCanvas"...

What I could find for e.g. Keynote is that references to this are being made in Keynote.app/Contents/Frameworks/SFRendering.framework/Versions/A/SFRendering (unix executable)...

Won't be easy to get Keynote or iMovie working...

finally caved in and got QE and CI enabled, now all my iWork apps work great, and iLife apps run superb too, with the one exception of iMovie, which plays and edits movies just fine, but has an odd blueish tint to it. Anybody have any ideas?

• 1 month later...

So i shall just remove all ati kexts and not replace them? I have made a backup of the 10.4.3 kexts so I can replace them with those if thats good.

Edit: Removed the ATI kext's and iWeb now works! Thanx weeguy!

• 3 weeks later...

How would you go about to enable QE and CI? If that's the only solution to keynote and imovie hd then why aren't more people doing it? What are the disadvantages of enabling qe and ci? Please excuse my noobish questions and dont laugh :( I have SSE2 chip and i also cannot get keynote to work but pages 06 works like a charm thanks to the tip!

How would you go about to enable QE and CI? If that's the only solution to keynote and imovie hd then why aren't more people doing it?
They can only be enabled if the video driver running supports them, and for many video cards, there is no driver support for them yet. If they are supported, I think they do get enabled by default.

They can only be enabled if the video driver running supports them, and for many video cards, there is no driver support for them yet. If they are supported, I think they do get enabled by default.

I have a Nvidia GeForce2 MX 32mb ram and I went on it's page and it says that these cards are now in the imacs but i still can't get keynote to work! I'm going to go ahead and download every single driver they have availible for the mac and see if I get any results.

Would anyone happen to know a card under $100 that does support QE and CI? Could I just go out and buy any card that has been releaseed within the past 3 years made for the mac platform and would it work for keynote and imovie HD?

I tried searching for anything that has to do with my nvidia geforce2 mx but I can't find anything for the mac. I don't even see any drivers on nvidia's webiste for the mac and this card. Could anyone who already has these drivers or kexts or whatever give me a link or download?

Also my card is 32mb, but in the system profile it lists it has a 128mb card? Is there any explanation for this?

Be careful - just because it's in Macs doesn't mean the x86 drivers work. For example, no one with a Radeon Mobility 7500 can get QE working, despite that the TiBook DVI uses that card and has QE. I'd check the wiki to find compatible cards.

• 1 month later...

Hi... I'm new here, and I hope somebody can help me :)

(Even though this topic seems to have been unactive for a while)

I have a OS 10.4.6 working perfect on my system with iLife 06

and i have everything running perfect except for iMovie HD... I can

load that application up fine and import footage and everything is great

except that I can't click any of the buttons. I can right-click clips and the

context menu apears, and I can open all the menus at the top of the

screen... but no other buttons work. Also, if I move my mouse just to

the left of the preveiw buttons, the minimize, maximize, close buttons

on the top of the window become active (they turn from grey to their

associated colours)

Please help!

matt

• 2 months later...
Hi... I'm new here, and I hope somebody can help me :P

(Even though this topic seems to have been unactive for a while)

I have a OS 10.4.6 working perfect on my system with iLife 06

and i have everything running perfect except for iMovie HD... I can

load that application up fine and import footage and everything is great

except that I can't click any of the buttons. I can right-click clips and the

context menu apears, and I can open all the menus at the top of the

screen... but no other buttons work. Also, if I move my mouse just to

the left of the preveiw buttons, the minimize, maximize, close buttons

on the top of the window become active (they turn from grey to their

associated colours)

Please help!

matt

my problems are similar to yours.

i finally found a solution.

i found a friend with 10.3 install disks and installed iMovie from disk 2 onto a different partition.

hope this helps!