Parallels or Vmware Fusion ?

Parallels or Vmware Fusion   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Parallels
    • Vmware Fusion

14 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

i still prefer parallels as coherence integration feels better as with vmware's fusion. i also don't like it how vmware fills the whole screen when maximizing applications where parallels leaves space so the dock isn't overlapped by maximized apps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
can fusion boot a real partition yet? if not, i'll go with parallels every time.

Sure, and it does it very transparent even on Hackintoshes.

You can even assign other Physical drives/partitions (just create the vmdk file with a tool that came with Fusion)

Fusion. Vmware has a much better track record in terms of virtualization. You can boot real hard drives, and create virtual partitions for your other machines. My uncle is an engineer and has at least two virtual machines running at the same time along with his normal os. While that's on the windows side, it just shows its stability. I like it better because it's interface is much cleaner.

Had a hard time making a choise. Finnaly took VMWare as the utilities for vmware are great like migrating a pc into a single vmware image and migrating a parralels image into a vmware image.

Could anybody explain the difference between the vmware unity and the parralel coherence?

It looks like there is a difference when i read it here.

Wzzl