any info on howto build your own pc_EFI Leopard DVD installer ?

ipguy

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

I'm really interested in building my own Leopard DVD installer, from my retail leopard DVD with the pc_EFI patch so i can install a 99% vanilla OSX.

Anyone know if there is any documentation anywhere on the internet or how one would go about doing such a think.

Also, what tools would i need ?

i think you can make a dvd using brazilmac script. just replace boot in i386 with pc_efi and edit the post script.. remove the command (mach_kernel) so that it will not replace the kernel with the cracked version. also remove the commands that removes the kexts.

i think just remove anything that replaces the original kext with the patched version. remember to remove AppleEFIRuntime in system\library\extensions in the dvd.

i think it should work but i have not tested it out yet

i think you can make a dvd using brazilmac script. just replace boot in i386 with pc_efi and edit the post script.. remove the command (mach_kernel) so that it will not replace the kernel with the cracked version. also remove the commands that removes the kexts.

i think just remove anything that replaces the original kext with the patched version. remember to remove AppleEFIRuntime in system\library\extensions in the dvd.

i think it should work but i have not tested it out yet

now for the kicker.

if i replace boot in i386 with the pc_efi version, rm -rf AppleEFIRuntime .kext... and burn the DVD, will i be able to boot the DVD to install ?

When i try to boot a retail leopard DVD, it doesn't boot on my system.

I just posed detailed instructions here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=72180

Give it a try... It works great for me.

i've got the retail Leopard DVD, should this method work ?

my system hardware is almost fully compatible with a real MAC, so i'm really only interested in building a pc_EFI Leopard for my system.

shouldn't all i need to do is replace the boot file in i386 with the pc_EFI from netkas ?

i've got the retail Leopard DVD, should this method work ?

my system hardware is almost fully compatible with a real MAC, so i'm really only interested in building a pc_EFI Leopard for my system.

shouldn't all i need to do is replace the boot file in i386 with the pc_EFI from netkas ?

Yes, that's what I used to create my dvd. The first part is to make the 8Gb into a 4Gb dvd. If you wanted to keep the 8Gb, you would need to make changes to my script so it would support the 8Gb. Then you need to convert it to a sparseimage. See these steps to create a sparseimage from a dvd: http://web.mac.com/owenmcgarry/iWeb/Downlo...ayer%20DVD.html

Yes, that's what I used to create my dvd. The first part is to make the 8Gb into a 4Gb dvd. If you wanted to keep the 8Gb, you would need to make changes to my script so it would support the 8Gb. Then you need to convert it to a sparseimage. See these steps to create a sparseimage from a dvd: http://web.mac.com/owenmcgarry/iWeb/Downlo...ayer%20DVD.html

ok will take a look at the script...

man, thanks for all your work, should make it easy to achieve what i wanted to do since i read about the pc_EFI hack :-)