Leopard on Eee PC

Numberzz

64 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I hope someone is still watching this thread..

I've got a full install via iPC 10.5.6 and post-install Ethernet/Audio drivers.

Problem is, I want to update to 10.5.8 but whenever I do, I never get to the login window. Just stays on a blue screen after booting.

I've moved over the Voodoo kernel after the update but I'm not sure what else I would need to do??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems like enough people are still lookign at this thread, so I will add my comments in here, since I am a new member and cannot start my own thread. Hopefully by the end of the week, i can make enough useful comments to allow me.

Anyway, all of the threads and guides, anyone have any luck with an Eee PC 1005PE?? I never even thought about putting OS X on the netbook until my 15" laptop died. Now, I really don't want to have to pony up for another full size laptop when I have this netbook and 2 different desktops (imac and mini mac). If I would have thought of this any sooner, I would be typing this on a Dell Mini 10v, in OSX.

Either way, there are a few guides offering instructions. The compare feature didn't work all that well on the ASUS website, so are there enough differences between the 2 computers?? Just thinking about giving it a shot anyway and seeing what happens??? What's the worse thing that could happen? ;)

Anyone have any thoughts on this, or should I just suck it up and get me the Dell??

It seems like enough people are still lookign at this thread, so I will add my comments in here, since I am a new member and cannot start my own thread. Hopefully by the end of the week, i can make enough useful comments to allow me.

Anyway, all of the threads and guides, anyone have any luck with an Eee PC 1005PE?? I never even thought about putting OS X on the netbook until my 15" laptop died. Now, I really don't want to have to pony up for another full size laptop when I have this netbook and 2 different desktops (imac and mini mac). If I would have thought of this any sooner, I would be typing this on a Dell Mini 10v, in OSX.

Either way, there are a few guides offering instructions. The compare feature didn't work all that well on the ASUS website, so are there enough differences between the 2 computers?? Just thinking about giving it a shot anyway and seeing what happens??? What's the worse thing that could happen? :P

Anyone have any thoughts on this, or should I just suck it up and get me the Dell??

I'd get the 10v. Bought one myself, and it works like a charm.

I'd get the 10v. Bought one myself, and it works like a charm.

Yea, I am figuring that for 250 refirb price, that will be the way to go. No need trying to find drivers and code and blah blah blah. Just get the one that is the easiest way to get up and running. Done and done...

On a side note, anyone get their mac netbook to dual boot?? I would assume to just use boot camp or something like that?

While this was reported on Friday, I just saw it, but some hacker has installed Apple's new Operating System, Leopard, on the Eee PC. For those who don't know, the Asus Eee PC is a sub-notebook with Linux installed. It weighs just 2 Lb, has a 7" screen, 4GB of Solid Storage, a 900MHz Celeron, and 512MB of Ram. The reviews of the machine have been very good, but say that the keyboard is a bit cramped, and the screen resolution is not very good (800 x 600). The hacker did install Leopard, but downgraded to Tiger, because of the specs of the slow processor speed and the amount of RAM. It goes to show, OS X will run on almost anything.

osxoneeepc111507.jpg

Full Story

• 3 weeks later...