PC EFI nuked my PC

iNoob

30 posts in this topic

Well, yesterday I decided to install PC EFI v5.5 from netkas' website, I followed anything described there on the included manual, but: 1. I didn't replaced my AppleSMBIOS.kext by the one included. 2. I didn't changed my kernel, I runned it with the stock tubgirl 10.4.10 kernel. I rebooted, and when i finishes the "Loading Darwin x86" part, it just REBOOTS! What's the problem here? My configuration is described on my signature below.

Well, yesterday I decided to install PC EFI v5.5 from netkas' website, I followed anything described there on the included manual, but: 1. I didn't replaced my AppleSMBIOS.kext by the one included. 2. I didn't changed my kernel, I runned it with the stock tubgirl 10.4.10 kernel. I rebooted, and when i finishes the "Loading Darwin x86" part, it just REBOOTS! What's the problem here? My configuration is described on my signature below.

where did you got v5.5??? I check the site only 5.1 and in irc only 5.2 is a newest. Yr problem may cause from wrong version?

The rebooting problem is because of some kexts. I had it too. It's solved by putting in the correct version of AppleSMBios.kext. In this case, your old one should work. AFAIK, there isn't a way to remove PC EFI.

Also, try a disk verify and repair. This will repair some blocks (the entire EFI?).

do you have a osx dvd you can boot into? If you do you can boot into the dvd as though you are going to install osx (it can be tiger or leopard dvd) and then you can replace the boot sector with the original one.

http://www.jasonmadigan.com/2007/11/04/bui...d-installation/

You can follow the instructions on that site from the section on making it bootable. All the neccessary files are in a file near the top of the page.

Bootloader fixed, now the problem is: PC EFI swapped out my AMD kernal with a Intel kernal. How can I swap out the Intel kernal with a AMD kernal? Can I boot using the kernal from the tubgirl DVD? If there's no solution, how can I do a Archive 'n Install using the tubgirl DVD?