Wouldnt it be illegal to lock OS X to Macs?

27 posts in this topic

Who first created a GUI? well it wasn't Apple and well you could say that M$ followed Apple after apple had come up with there macs in 1984/1985

where did apple first start building there code from was it that a software developer saw this running on another machine and said to him self "hey I can do this better" or did he/she purchase the software and hardware and develop it for use on the Apple platform i.e reverse engineer modify and what ever else like HACK it for their on purpose.

Then a short time latter M$ came up with windows 2.0 which in some form resembled (but only slightly) the apple mac (possibly Lisa I think was the first)

Ok Maxxuss comes along and thinks to himself "I like this O/S and now that it can be run on a standard PC lets give the computing world another option"

Although Maxxuss is reverse engineering Modifying in general HACKING if he were to just start from "ground up" and release a software package "Maxxuss 1.1.x Flash" as Apple first did this could then be legal if it is not legal then I would assume Xerox will be taking Apple to Court

Now totally of subject but with a point

I go tomorrow to buy my new Aston Marton in New York to find that there is a clause in the agreement of sale / warrenty "The purchaser of this motor car being in the state of N.Y agree that during the life of this car must not drive it at a speed exeeding 55MPH (I think that is the speed limit there) the computer etc etc will be governed to this speed and any alterating disassebling or reverse engineering of the speed governer will be treated as an infrinment of our software designated for proper use this applies world wide"

Ok so I now have my Aston Martin and go to Germany for two weeks And Want to absoulty make this car go 120MPH on there Autobhan so call in to the dealership there where there is no restrictions have the software hacked by Maxxuss go really fast for a few days and totally enjoy what I have now got

Go back to the States to be arrestted by the Feds for tampering with Astons copyrighted software

GO TO JAIL

It is all Political bull **** its not like we are Financally gaining from this in fact we are putting up with software running on our Pc s that will properly never support devices like what windows does but we are doing it cause we can