Will EFI also allow: BootCamp on Hackentosh?

richtig

9 posts in this topic

Will emulated EFI also allow: Boot Camp being installed on Hackentosh?

Or would that require a motherboard bios that actually has an EFI bios? Such as a "real Intel MAC" has?

Or: what else would be required to enable Boot Camp being installed on a Hackentosh machine?

Uh... why would you want Boot Camp? You already have the ability to install other operating systems on other partitions and drives, and apple's drivers are meaningless for you.

Just because: I want to know if it's possible. Do I need some other reason?

Actually, the practical use would be for a very simple way of dual booting that doesn't require messing around with chain0 or 3rd party bootloaders. However, from what I can see, it doesn't work.

Another value might be for Parallels users who want to install their guest OS on a real as opposed to a virtual disk. I'm not sure how much advantage that might be. Still, an option to consider if it would work.

Rather than using Parallels, use VMWare Fusion as it let me boot any of the Windows disks in my computer and I'm running AMD. No helpful bootloader for me.

I agree - from what I have seen of VMware server, I like VMware. However, for me, Parallels installs and runs. VMware Fusion just causes kernel panic on my system when I try to install it :D