Logic8 on 10.4.8 JaS/SSE2?

HumpiLumpi

16 posts in this topic

Hi there,

The apple page says Logic-8pro needs at leats 10.4.9 to install, however I only have 10.4.8-JaS-SSE2 installed.

Has anybody been able to run Logic-8Pro on 10.4.8? Does it refuse to install, or it it just a recommendation?

thx

this method help for lot of things if you can't update

In terminal:

sudo su

(password)

cd /system/library/coreservices/

nano -w systemversion.plist

where it says 10.4.9, just change to 10.4.10. Then:

CTRL+X

Y

type:

reboot

In About This Mac, it now says 10.4.10

Hi again,

now the installer complains that it needs quicktime-7.1.6, but my system only has quicktime 7.1.2 installed.

Is it safe to download a quicktime-update from apple, or could it damage my setup?

Thx

You can upgrade to the latest quicktime but best thing to do is to just install logic studio by using this package extractor pacifist otherwise you still might get errors if you havent got any VRAM or your system aint quartz extreme or something like that compaible.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12743

Just open the .dmg and then open the logic studio with pacifist then click install instead of extract when pacifist opens.

• 2 months later...

:)

alright, i'll give it a try. i remember trying to install Pro App Runtime before but it didn't work. got a torrent of slackware going, but when it hits 55% i'll pause it.

i just did everything you said, and i get the same error about Pro Application Support.

This version of Logic Pro requires Pro Application Support 4.0 (687.0) or newer.

ProKit: 591.0

-----------------

i found a better solution that worked well for me.

Pro Application Support never installed anything into the Receipts folder, so i manually added the .pkg file from ProAppRuntime4.0.2 directly into the folder, restarted, and then Logic Pro worked without fail.

download ProAppRuntime4.0.2.dmg from apple site

get pacifist package extractor its shareware

open the proapp in pacifist and select "install to path location"

then the extraction start , in the end you just need to reboot

works for me... my problem is i use mac osx 10.4.7 , and the new versions (10.4.8 etc ) dont work in my pc... crash after i select language in the install

no logic audio 8 for me... ;)

finally have logic pro 8 its running on my pc

this is what i did:

1ª i install jas 10.4.7 repack iso (becouse later versions all crash in the install)

2ª i update with jas 10.4.8 combo ss2 update only

3ª i download quicktime from apple site and pacifist

4ª i install quicktime and proapp using pacifist

5ª just click in logic pro.app and insert serial

its running fine and smooth , the hackintosh just need a few seconds to boot ,and works 10x faster then xp

i just have one BIG PROBLEM my soundcard doenst work

when i used vmware in first time my AC97 onboard card was working.... now i installed native on hard disc and the onboard card is not detected...

can you guys help me ?

EDIT: i find the driver and used a tutorial from the forum , i now see the AC97 card activated on mac but doenst make any sound... its like muted HELP please...

You can upgrade to the latest quicktime but best thing to do is to just install logic studio by using this package extractor pacifist otherwise you still might get errors if you havent got any VRAM or your system aint quartz extreme or something like that compaible.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12743

Just open the .dmg and then open the logic studio with pacifist then click install instead of extract when pacifist opens.

Hello Guys.

This is my first post but sure won't be my last.

I have just been trying to launch Logic 8 that I installed on my Dell laptop.

It would not let me install from the .dmg saying I had no vram or quartz extreme so I did what hg2007 said and used pacifist to install the logic app.

All I get now is logic trying to open but then it bounces back,disapears and nothing happens.

Any ideas ?

Hello Guys.

This is my first post but sure won't be my last.

I have just been trying to launch Logic 8 that I installed on my Dell laptop.

It would not let me install from the .dmg saying I had no vram or quartz extreme so I did what hg2007 said and used pacifist to install the logic app.

All I get now is logic trying to open but then it bounces back,disapears and nothing happens.

Any ideas ?

yes you need to update ProAppRuntime4.0.2.dmg and quicktime (use pacifist to install them)

then logic audio will run fine :(