I gonna try at night!!!Posted Image

Regards!.Posted Image

HPinTosh

HPinTosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OutZider's directions worked perfectly on my Compaq C700 with Kalway 10.5.1 Install. The help is very much appreciated. Now to fix the Heat and Sleep issues.

KahNv2

KahNv2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
anyone?

lucas cavalheiro

lucas cavalheiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I have Sony Vaio VGN-FZ240E (Sata 250GB, Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz, X3100 (GMA 965 Intel))

Trying to install Kalyway 10.5.1 I just get worked deleting the AppleIntel* kexts before the reboot after install finishes (Utilities->Terminal). Resolution is only 1024 x 768.

I try to do the tricks described in some threads of Thinkpad and Dell laptops with X3100 graphics card, but get the same results: video crashes at login screen (striped white lines, etc).

Anyone??

lucas cavalheiro

lucas cavalheiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I 'm a happy man now! 1280 x 800 on X3100 (My laptop is Sony FZ240E)

Thx guys, 1 week trying and finally I WIN ^_^ :) :)
I do the sleepdisplay trick and, to find the display screen, follow this.

1. with external monitor connected, click anywhere in external monitor to ensure finder is selected
2. press shift-alt-a
3. type "sys"
4. press alt-o
5. type "displays"
6. hit enter
7. at this point you should get the window to change resolutions
8. click gather windows
9. set both internal and external monitors to correct resolutions (if 1280x800, set to 1280x768 first - use SwitchResX when all is working to get proper 1280x800x32@60)

lucas cavalheiro

lucas cavalheiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Some new issues =/

After updating to 10.5.2, kernel + Intel Graphics Update (I deleted the X3100 + GMA950 + AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer and patched again with hacked Dell X3100 kexts), when not booting in Safe Mode, Leo hangs on!
Note: everything looks ok, I use Firefox, System Preferences, etc. So when I right click with mouse (when ANY menu appears on screen, indeed), system crashes!

Am I missing something? SwichtResX not well configurated? :huh:

roneil4

roneil4

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Some new issues =/
After updating to 10.5.2, kernel + Intel Graphics Update (I deleted the X3100 + GMA950 + AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer and patched again with hacked Dell X3100 kexts), when not booting in Safe Mode, Leo hangs on!
Note: everything looks ok, I use Firefox, System Preferences, etc. So when I right click with mouse (when ANY menu appears on screen, indeed), system crashes!
Am I missing something? SwichtResX not well configurated? :huh:

I have the same problem. Do you have a weird looking dock too? My dock was completely reflective after I did that, and it looked really weird.

eXpy

eXpy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I finally got it to work as well! Just installing the Graphics Update did the trick for me...

My system:
Intel GM965 with GMA X3100
Intel C2D T7500
Kalyway 10.5.1, installed with vanilla kernel and ALC883
Kalyway 10.5.2 update + patched kernel and vanilla
Graphics Update by Apple (while running vanilla)

Everything just booted right up, and now sound works as well. The only thing that doesn't, is my wifi and the AltGr button (azerty).

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model:	GMA X3100
  Type:	Display
  Bus:	Built-In
  VRAM (Total):	144 MB
  Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:	0x2a02
  Revision ID:	0x0003
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:	1280 x 800
  Depth:	32-bit Color
  Built-In:	Yes
  Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Quartz Extreme:	Supported
Display Connector:

KahNv2

KahNv2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hey eXpy!

I have a question about your last post:

You said:

I finally got it to work as well! Just installing the Graphics Update did the trick for me...

My system:
Intel GM965 with GMA X3100
Intel C2D T7500
Kalyway 10.5.1, installed with vanilla kernel and ALC883
Kalyway 10.5.2 update + patched kernel and vanilla
Graphics Update by Apple (while running vanilla)

Everything just booted right up, and now sound works as well. The only thing that doesn't, is my wifi and the AltGr button (azerty).

--------------------------------------

I allso installed the kalyway 10.5.2 combo update only i dont know what you mean by the patched kernel and vanilla. I can't get my X3100 to work properly, but the system looks fine, audio works, lan works, but no working x3100 :P

JustBrowsing

JustBrowsing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Anyone on this thread know how to get external display working correctly? Specifically for Dell laptops? I have the GMAx3100 and it works with the internal display with iATKOS 1.0, but external display is scrambled.

The other version (Kalyway) works only when the external display is connected, but no internal. Wierd wierd.

Any luck? I have an external monitor I hook up to my laptop from time to time, wondering if anyone got it working.

Many thanks!

jayman30

jayman30

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I'm running a default install of Leo4All v2 10.5.2 on a Core 2 Duo Gateway laptop with GMA X3100 video. I am using the Apple Graphic Update 10.5.2 Kexts from a Macbook and Natit.kext.

I can adjust my resolution, but QE is listed as "not supported" in the Profiler.

Since some programs require QE to run properly (or at all), what steps can I do to enable it? One thread was talking about changing the Device ID in the Kext files to enable QE--but which kexts do I need to check and where is the Device ID located in the Kext Bundle?

Thanks for the help,

KahNv2

KahNv2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I'm running a default install of Leo4All v2 10.5.2 on a Core 2 Duo Gateway laptop with GMA X3100 video. I am using the Apple Graphic Update 10.5.2 Kexts from a Macbook and Natit.kext.

I can adjust my resolution, but QE is listed as "not supported" in the Profiler.

Since some programs require QE to run properly (or at all), what steps can I do to enable it? One thread was talking about changing the Device ID in the Kext files to enable QE--but which kexts do I need to check and where is the Device ID located in the Kext Bundle?

Thanks for the help,

Where did you get the macbook 10.5.2 x3100 kext and the natit kext?? I wanna try that to!

jayman30

jayman30

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I got the Macbook Kexts from my genuine Macbook Core 2 Duo. Natit was downloaded from the link found here. I used kexthelper to install the kexts, then rebooted and it worked (mostly).

jayman30

KahNv2

KahNv2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Is it possible for you to post your original kext so I can try that to?

jayman30

jayman30

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Is it possible for you to post your original kext so I can try that to?

Hi,

I tried, but the GL driver bundle is too large (2.3MB) to upload to this forum.

BTW Following some instructions I found yesterday, I reinstalled the all the kexts, repaired permissions and rebooted and now my X3100 is working 100% with full hardware acceleration and QE!!

yangyuruc

yangyuruc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:linux,mac
my notebook is hp6520s 259pa
graphic card is gma x3100,my driver id is 2a12
i have added my driver id in natit.kext
when i restart ,my card doesn't work,i can't change resolution
i also install gmax3100.pkg also useless
anyone with gmax3100 with driver id 2a12 can fix the problem?
thank you !!!

lucas cavalheiro

lucas cavalheiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have the same problem. Do you have a weird looking dock too? My dock was completely reflective after I did that, and it looked really weird.

Exactly the same... weird dock.. and work until some menu appears (right mouse click, programs menu, etc)

Well.. I reinstall and do not upgrade the Intel Graphics... all works fine...

rumproast789

rumproast789

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi,

I tried, but the GL driver bundle is too large (2.3MB) to upload to this forum.

BTW Following some instructions I found yesterday, I reinstalled the all the kexts, repaired permissions and rebooted and now my X3100 is working 100% with full hardware acceleration and QE!!

Can you post a link to those instructions and upload to any file share site?(mediafire is easy&free) Im sure everyone would greatly appriciate it, you would help out so many people.
-Steve

fusionlance

fusionlance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Couldn't get internal display on with natit.kext plus a couple of gmax3100 kext (removed appleintegratedframebuffer). Will only work on external display and hangs before the desktop and dock could load (even with -x).

It's a Dell 1525 on GMA X3100 (VEN_8086&DEV_2a02)

raven2586

raven2586

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
i installed kexts for x3100 from 10.5.1 delete framebuffer.kext and then install natit but if i do the leopard graphics update opengl bundle will crash and screensaver or anything that uses opengl will not work even pages will crash.. however if i dont do the leopard graphics update the performance is sluggish and open gl test in xbench give me like 15 frames/sec and even the dock is sluggish... any ideas???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy