Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

Pulled the following from my Acer mod thread, as it's relevant here and I hope to get some input:

I've completely reorganized my Acer's DSDT to better match a Macbook Pro 4,1's layout. Mostly a cosmetic change, but it really helps me compare the two. They are surprisingly similar. I'm also still working on coming up with a DSDT-only display fix. I think I can actually explain WHY some laptops require a AAPL "dual-link" line in the DSDT in order to use the internal LCD:

See, in a normal Macbook, the address for both the X3100 videocard (GFX) and the display devices are the same (0x00100000). But in some laptops, like my Acer, the displays (PEGP) are at 0x00100000, while the videocard (GFX0) is over at 0x00200000. The "dual-link" term is likely enabling or telling OSX to look for that secondary hardware address so the internal LCD can be used. I've noticed that the entire PEGP display section of the ACER DSDT can be removed, without making any difference. It's simply not using the LCD or VGA data there. Including that display data under the GFX0/0x0020000 section seems useless as well... probably because THEY aren't at that address. Also, GFX0 can be trimmed down to only that single method of "dual-link", and it works fine. Anything display-related (such as trying to inject AAPL01, EDID data) is ignored, again possibly because the display isn't at that hardware address.

It's an interesting trial and error, but having the actual Macbook4,1 DSDT has helped a bit. I'm using that as it's the closest Macbook to this Acer (same cpu family, X3100 video). I'll review some others, though, and make sure that the double addressing isn't used in any Macbook. I doubt it is, but if so, perhaps I can imitate how it is handled. My biggest challenge now is the EDID issue. Sometimes OSX sees it fine, sometimes not. When it does- full video, with "DisplayVendorID" = 12812 and "DisplayProductID" = 57088. When it doesn't, I get a black screen, because without my EDID it uses default (unknown display values, I believe) "DisplayVendorID" = 1970170734 and "DisplayProductID" = 1815. Yes, I can pop a Display Override in place so the latter Vendor/Product ID's translates to the correct settings, but that's an unclean solution. The biggest challenge I'm facing is forcing an EDID onto a display which is autodetected, so not referenced in the DSDT at all. The LCD ends up being "display0" (AppleBacklightDisplay), located at GFX0@2. There's also simply "display@2,1" , likely because of the double addressing I mentioned previously. That has no display device attached to it.

As if that wasn't hard enough, I've found that what things are called in the DSDT rarely match up to what OSX calls it. A good example is when I spent an hour trying to enable sleep capability on EHC1 (where the iSight is located) within the DSDT. No matter what I did, the laptop instantly woke from sleep due to a HDEF EHC1 plugged or unplugged error. I finally figured out that OSX's EHC1 is the DSDT's EHC2 :blink: The USB (UHC) numbering is also just as wacky. I'll continue to work on this, though. The good news is that the "dual-link" line should fix everyone's double addressing issue. The bad news is, when combined with spotty or nonexistent EDID detection, it's an incomplete solution. For now, all I can recommend for those who have done the DSDT mod and still have a black screen, is to post here so we can try troubleshooting.

Please how do I find my EDID??

Firstly, we should look at your DSDT and verify that the dual-link line was added successfully to the proper place. If you post it here, I'll check that for you (or add it in myself if you like).

Once we've verified that, we can go on to more troubleshooting steps- ie, enabling screen sharing, checking resolution / Product/Vendor ID's / EDID detection, etc. If you have the same issue as mine (requiring both a dual-link and EDID fix) we can get it solved :D

Thank you for answering Charred!

I tried all tahta is in my power, natit injection dsdt, different kext, even 10.5.8 x3100Fb.kext it doesnt work. In this link there is my original DSDT (KarasuTengu) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1342535

I hope you can have a look, I dont know how to solve this problem, I tried all suggestions I've read surfing the web.

Thank you for your time and patience

Thank you for answering Charred!

I tried all tahta is in my power, natit injection dsdt, different kext, even 10.5.8 x3100Fb.kext it doesnt work. In this link there is my original DSDT (KarasuTengu) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1342535

Your DSDT is pretty different, but I took a stab at it. I added the DGTP method, added the AAPL lines under your graphics device, and removed references to the other output headers (CRT, DVI, TVO). After putting it in place, make sure you reboot with -v so you can watch the output as it loads; I renamed your display from VGA to GFX, so we'll know it's loading the new DSDT if you see references to it (ie, GFX: Match found). Let me know how it goes! I know we're probably repeating what flames has done here, but we have to start with the basics :)

dsdt.aml.zip

Thank you very much my friend I try it right now and let you know! Thank you ;)

EDIT: The injection didn't went fine.... I'm stuck at the same point it makes me cry... :(

what can we try now?

Did you see VGA or GFX identified when you booted with -v? Before going any further, I want to make sure it's actually picking up the DSDT. If not, all the changes we do won't make a bit of difference ;)

Actually can't see any vga or gfx calling when booting in verbose mode.

I try posting here some old kext for leopard that worked for me in 10.5.6.

Maybe you could help me solve the problem? Thank you!

I tried put your dsdt into extra folder and into osx root (/). here are my kext that worked in leopard 10.5.6

http://rapidshare.com/files/321853889/Appl....5_okk.zip.html

Did you see VGA or GFX identified when you booted with -v? Before going any further, I want to make sure it's actually picking up the DSDT. If not, all the changes we do won't make a bit of difference :)

Actually can't see any vga or gfx calling when booting in verbose mode.

I try posting here some old kext for leopard that worked for me in 10.5.6.

Maybe you could help me solve the problem? Thank you!

I tried put your dsdt into extra folder and into osx root (/). here are my kext that worked in leopard 10.5.6

http://rapidshare.com/files/321853889/Appl....5_okk.zip.html

If the DSDT is being loaded, it should reference GFX as the video device. Maybe it isn't even being loaded, which explains why editing it doesn't fix things. Are you using the latest Chameleon?

Many thanks Mate! I did it! it only works in 32 bit mode but it's better than nothing :) I use your dsdt all the 10.6.2 kext except for natit and gmax3100fb I use the ones from 10.5.6 Thank you for your time, I0m awaits a better method

Many thanks Mate! I did it! it only works in 32 bit mode but it's better than nothing :P I use your dsdt all the 10.6.2 kext except for natit and gmax3100fb I use the ones from 10.5.6 Thank you for your time, I0m awaits a better method

That's excellent! Definitely better than nothing.

While working this evening with flames, we had a DUH! moment. After needing to mod my lcd cable to accommodate a higher resolution screen, I of all people should have known why his fix works. Here's the simple truth of it.

If you have an X3100 videocard (or perhaps others) in your laptop, and have an LCD that displays higher resolutions than 1280x800, you'll likely need the Dual link fix. All you need is this:

Name (_ADR, 0x00020000) // <--find in DSDT and add the following after: //
 Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			 {
				 Store (Package ()
					 {
						 "AAPL01,DualLink", 
						 Buffer (0x04)
						 {
							 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						 }
					 }, Local0)
				 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				 Return (Local0)
			 }

The reason why this works is easy. Higher-resolution LCD's require two data lines to handle the increased information. With my original 1280x800 LCD, OSX worked perfectly. Once I upgraded it to a 1440x900, OSX showed a black screen. Just like in a DVI connector, to get better resolutions you need... you got it- Dual Link capability. Windows and some older OSX drivers + Natit automatically enable Dual link, but the latest Leopard stock kexts do not. Without this flag telling OSX to use Dual Link, your backlight comes on, but the video data isn't getting through. Once this fix is added, OSX knows to send a dual stream of data, and the image comes through.

As flames has said before, this doesn't fix everything for everyone. It's a specific case for those of us with higher-resolution X3100 laptops. For people with EDID issues as well (like myself), it's half the solution. Display Overrides seem to be a working fix in the meantime. If you have a black screen, try this fix, and the results are strange, scrambled, or stretched, you likely have an EDID issue as well. This means your screen has been found, dual link is enabled, but OSX has no idea what kind of display it is so talks to it with incorrect default values. In this case, the following might help-

Boot to Windows and retrieve your EDID using this. I was able to get mine from within OSX because after multiple reboots, it can occasionally read the EDID and displays fine. You may want to try that if you don't have Windows installed. Now boot into OSX and (using screen sharing, if the screen is unusable) open SwitchResX. Find the fake display and vendor id's it is using (mine is using /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/DisplayProductID-717 ). Copy that file to your desktop, and rename it to *.plist. Open it with Plist Editor Pro, and add your EDID. If that file isn't there, or you don't have all the data, you can try simply using / editing mine, which I have attached below. Once done, remove the .plist extension, overwrite the default Override, and reboot. If all goes well, when OSX can't read your EDID, it will use the default Display Override again and this time get the proper data from there. If you have a better way to do this, please share.

I'm still researching a way to directly inject EDID data into the DSDT, and will update here when I have news. I believe I'm fairly close, thanks to flames' help. Until then, I'll try and keep my wild speculations and incoherent uneducated ramblings to a minimum ;)

DisplayProductID_717.zip

Great news Mate!!! You and Flames are genius!! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm trying your method thank you again!

EDIT----------

Dear Charred I have to thank you again you and Flames!

I tried your method and this almost works. I explain the situation.

I must have your patched dsdt with injection and the display patch I added (this basically replace the natit needs)

then I tried with stock 10.6.2 snow drivers for gmax3100 but the screen is almost displayed but I vad some artifacts, but is visible only messed up. Then I tried replace the old gmax3100FB from 10.5.6 and now it WORKS in 64 bit mode!!

But I think apple made a bad works while developing 10.6.2 gma drivers they're buggy, do you think you can fix gmax3100fb native kext?

Thanx again for all my friend! :dance_24:

That's excellent! Definitely better than nothing.

While working this evening with flames, we had a DUH! moment. After needing to mod my lcd cable to accommodate a higher resolution screen, I of all people should have known why his fix works. Here's the simple truth of it.

If you have an X3100 videocard (or perhaps others) in your laptop, and have an LCD that displays higher resolutions than 1280x800, you'll likely need the Dual link fix. All you need is this:

{
				Store (Package ()
					{
						"AAPL01,DualLink", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}

The reason why this works is easy. Higher-resolution LCD's require two data lines to handle the increased information. With my original 1280x800 LCD, OSX worked perfectly. Once I upgraded it to a 1440x900, OSX showed a black screen. Just like in a DVI connector, to get better resolutions you need... you got it- Dual Link capability. Windows and some older OSX drivers + Natit automatically enable Dual link, but the latest Leopard stock kexts do not. Without this flag telling OSX to use Dual Link, your backlight comes on, but the video data isn't getting through. Once this fix is added, OSX knows to send a dual stream of data, and the image comes through.

As flames has said before, this doesn't fix everything for everyone. It's a specific case for those of us with higher-resolution X3100 laptops. For people with EDID issues as well (like myself), it's half the solution. Display Overrides seem to be a working fix in the meantime. If you have a black screen, try this fix, and the results are strange, scrambled, or stretched, you likely have an EDID issue as well. This means your screen has been found, dual link is enabled, but OSX has no idea what kind of display it is so talks to it with incorrect default values. In this case, the following might help-

Boot to Windows and retrieve your EDID using this. I was able to get mine from within OSX because after multiple reboots, it can occasionally read the EDID and displays fine. You may want to try that if you don't have Windows installed. Now boot into OSX and (using screen sharing, if the screen is unusable) open SwitchResX. Find the fake display and vendor id's it is using (mine is using /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/DisplayProductID-717 ). Copy that file to your desktop, and rename it to *.plist. Open it with Plist Editor Pro, and add your EDID. If that file isn't there, or you don't have all the data, you can try simply using / editing mine, which I have attached below. Once done, remove the .plist extension, overwrite the default Override, and reboot. If all goes well, when OSX can't read your EDID, it will use the default Display Override again and this time get the proper data from there. If you have a better way to do this, please share.

I'm still researching a way to directly inject EDID data into the DSDT, and will update here when I have news. I believe I'm fairly close, thanks to flames' help. Until then, I'll try and keep my wild speculations and incoherent uneducated ramblings to a minimum ;)

This probably explains why I've never been able to get an external monitor to work on my laptop as it's 1280 x 800.

I used this post by slashack earlier in this thread to modify my DSDT to get my laptop screen working on 10.6.2. Otherwise I just got a backlight and nothing else, and no external monitor either.

Do you know what I would need to modify to get an external monitor working?

DSDT attached in case you need it.

DSDT.aml.zip

{
				Store (Package ()
					{
						"AAPL01,DualLink", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}

Could you possibly check and insert the code in my DSDT? Errors in compiling drives me crazy, thanks in advance for your help

einstein_ein_DSDT.zip

For those on 10.6.1 Here is the drivers for QE/CI.

Boot your 10.6.x install in 64bit mode using -x64 arch=x86_64 as there is no driver for the X3100 in 64 bit mode.

Then install the following kexts in the attached zip file using KextHelperB7.

Repair disc permission then boot into 32bit mode with -x32 arch=i386 and enjoy.

For those with 10.5.8 i have the drivers for this too and will upload next time i'm on the Mac 10.6.1 Partition..

For people with the same laptop as me the ASUS F3E AP075C i'll be uploading a nice Boot132 CD with all the drivers needed and a guide.

Hello Hacktrix2006,

I would like to thank you for this solution.

I have used "Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 SSE2/SSE3 Intel AMD by_Hazard" (without patch)

and deleted all GMA950* kexts + AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and added yours, repaired permissions,

rebooted in 32bit mode and ---> WORKING!!!

Wonderful.

Though there are some things that are not working:

no QE/CI

not possible to shutdown - I needed to press power button for 3-4 seconds

no sound

network - not tested

Going to read and google more and report later.

Oh, what a luck I have !!! ;)

Thanks once again.

bozon42

Congratulations... your DSDT is the oddest one I've ever seen :rolleyes: Here's my attempt. Let me know how it goes.

Ok, I put ur .aml in my /Extra and:

a) my lappy's lcd can finally sleep, but most importantly wake up again (instead of only the backlight switching on)

b.) the strange behaviour of the backlight still remains

c) I can now use latest GMAX3100FB.kext (1.5.48.6) instead of the v.1.5.24 which was the only one giving workable lcd

d) I can also play games (even if I never do, I will because, now I can)

e) needless to say I don't need to use natit.kext

f) I keep on getting the relative lines in boot log

C098: family specific matching failis

display: family specific matching failis

C098: match category IOFramebuffer exists

IG: Invalid firmware max backlight setting

g) As far as I can judge u added DTDP method, isn't that right?

So, thank you for your help. Did you notice any important errors in compiling my dsdt?

Ok, I put ur .aml in my /Extra and:

a) my lappy's lcd can finally sleep, but most importantly wake up again (instead of only the backlight switching on)

b.) the strange behaviour of the backlight still remains

c) I can now use latest GMAX3100FB.kext (1.5.48.6) instead of the v.1.5.24 which was the only one giving workable lcd

d) I can also play games (even if I never do, I will because, now I can)

e) needless to say I don't need to use natit.kext

f) I keep on getting the relative lines in boot log

C098: family specific matching failis

display: family specific matching failis

C098: match category IOFramebuffer exists

IG: Invalid firmware max backlight setting

g) As far as I can judge u added DTDP method, isn't that right?

So, thank you for your help. Did you notice any important errors in compiling my dsdt?

There were only two warnings when I compiled your DSDT, and I fixed one. Neither is really important. Yes, I added the DSDT method. Everyone using this fix gets those "family specific matching fails," "match category IOFramebuffer exists," and "Invalid firmware max backlight" lines. Hopefully sometime soon we'll sort out the backlight issue with some more DSDT work. Glad it worked for you :)

hi everybody

i have intel gma x3100 with ideneb 10.5.7

i have a problem with my grafic card

plzzz help me to let it boot normal because every day i see black screen with many lines of colors

my pc vaio sz7

i get my dsdt settings but i don't know howto make them into the file

i need some drivers ?

this is the post

thx a lot

Display

The X3100 drivers work without any modification :D after installing iATKOS v7 boot in safe mode (-x). This will enable You to see, well, at least a portion of your desktop ;) I've grabbed the DSDT values from a Vista installed Sony Vaio SZ650N ( in speed mode) and modified my "/System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/ DisplayProductID-717" to hold these values

IODisplayEDID

Change the IODisplayEDID data to the EDID data below

00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 367F4000 00000000 2D0C0103 80201400 
EAA8E099 574B9225 1C505400 00000101 01010101 01010101
01010101 0101941B 00AD5020 0A304040 420042C9 10000018
000000FC 004E7669 64696120 44656661 756C0000 00FC0074
2466C61 74205061 6E656C00 000000FD 00003C1D 31080000 
20202020 200000D3

DisplayProductName

This entry probably isn't there so add these two lines

<key>DisplayProductName</key>
<string>Color LCD</string>

EDIT: Brightness controls

I just got the brightness controls working :D To enable it add these lines to your DSDT. It has to be added under the

Scope (\_SB). To keep all my modifications together I placed the entry under the PWRB device.

Device (PNLF)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
Name (_CID, "backlight")
Name (_UID, 0x0A)
Name (_STA, 0x0B)
}

Sleep

Expresscard ( 5 in 1 Cardreader )

Sleep worked out of the box :) I was very happy with it until I found out that with the expresscard plugged in, the machine immediately woke up again. I've heard real MACs have this issue too so I'm not going to put much of an effort in solving this issue. Anyone here who has some ideas?? :D

Display Lid

Closing the display lid didn't put the Vaio in sleep mode. Luckily this is easy to fix :D

You'll have to edit Your DSDT file and look for the 2 entries:

1. Add the SLPB device

Search for this entry:

Device (PWRB)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
	0x18,
	0x04	
})
}

Add the following device right under the PWRB device:

Device (SLPB)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0E"))
}

2. Enable sleep on display lid close

Search for this entry:

Method (_Q66, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (ECOK, 0x00))
{
	And (PHSB (0xC0, 0x82), 0x04, Local0)
	ShiftRight (Local0, 0x02, Local0)
} 
Else
{
	Store (LIDS, 0x00)
}
}

Under "ShiftRight (Local0, 0x02, Local0)" part add this line:

Notify (SLPB, 0x80)

Recompile the DSDT, reboot and test ;)

Battery

My batterymeter works with AppleACPIBatteryManagerb15 after applying the 10.5.8 update. It might work under 10.5.7, if not update to 10.5.8 :) The time remaining isn't accurate at all but the percentages seem to be correct ;)

Currently working on

Sound

I'm currently trying to manually patch the AppleHDA to get sound 100% working, I've corrected my linux audio dump (fixed pins) and got the Pin config data from the Vaio SZ650N. I'll keep you guys posted :)

Boot from the Windows 7 install DVD and run the "Repair my computer" or something...It might find Your problem and it will try to fix it. If this doesn't work. Open the command prompt from the menu and flag Your Windows 7 partition as the active partition. I'm not sure if I'm telling You this right, I did it once but don't remember it in detail.....Search the forum, the solution is there :)

hi everybody

i have intel gma x3100 with ideneb 10.5.7

i have a problem with my grafic card

plzzz help me to let it boot normal because every day i see black screen with many lines of colors

my pc vaio sz7

i get my dsdt settings but i don't know howto make them into the file

i need some drivers ?

this is the post

thx a lot

Not exactly sure what your issue is. If it works sometimes but other times it doesn't, I describe a fix here. If you never get anything but a black screen, you might need the duallink DSDT fix. We'll need more information if that doesn't cover it :)

Quick status update- I am now triple-booting OSX 10.5.8, OSX 10.6.2, and Windows 7 via Chameleon RC3. Started with Leopard, added in Win7, then did SL today. 64-bit SL uses the duallink / Override fix just fine. Mostly did this so I can continue working with Flames on the X3100 issues. Our priorities are:

-Solve 64-bit X3100 sleep issue (display not waking)

-Find EDID fix / injection (not always detected)

-Solve backlight issue (invalid max error)

I have some ideas, so we'll have to see how they turn out. In the meantime, I'll continue giving support here as needed.

Thank you Charred your job is awesome!

Do u think also an atheros eg5007EG can be inject using efi or dsdt and how?

Thank you and sorry for the little off-topic

Not exactly sure what your issue is. If it works sometimes but other times it doesn't, I describe a fix here. If you never get anything but a black screen, you might need the duallink DSDT fix. We'll need more information if that doesn't cover it :)

Quick status update- I am now triple-booting OSX 10.5.8, OSX 10.6.2, and Windows 7 via Chameleon RC3. Started with Leopard, added in Win7, then did SL today. 64-bit SL uses the duallink / Override fix just fine. Mostly did this so I can continue working with Flames on the X3100 issues. Our priorities are:

-Solve 64-bit X3100 sleep issue (display not waking)

-Find EDID fix / injection (not always detected)

-Solve backlight issue (invalid max error)

I have some ideas, so we'll have to see how they turn out. In the meantime, I'll continue giving support here as needed.

Finaly! i figured out why i couldn't use "similar trick" in DSDTSE with x3100 hack to fix black screen, backlight on issue only

i was able to go vanilla leopard 10.5.8 x3100 Crestline Toshiba P205-S7804 working pretty well with sleep ( hibernatemode 3)

with this DSDT in EFI /Extra

Chameleon 2 RC4 Boot in / of EFI

and graphicsenabler Y in boot.com.plist in EFI /EXTRA

the DSDTSE trick didnt work for me but it was a learning point for my second dsdt in a laptop pwning

"Intel GMA X3100 Laptop hack

Locate the graphics section of your DSDT (laptop/mobile)

Example: (PEGP), it could also be AGP or IGP or something similar. (Use the search feature to locate the section or "Registry Info from the menu")

Device (PEGP)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (GPIC)

{

the way it works for me is flames way but i locate Name (_ADR, 0x00020000 as its not named OVGA

also i removed some code to multiselect CRT and any other outputs but left rest eg dvi, tva and others.

no need for edid data on this one 17 inch wide lcd @ 1440x900 but the brighness slider.. doesnt change brightness :P toshiba hotkeys anyone ??

CharredPC .. i think i found that fan, cpu work better with "Darwin" in place of "Windows 2001 sp2" aka Store (0x07D2, OSYS) but after sleep fan runs permanent

with 2006 aka Store (0x07D6, OSYS) and MBP5,1 its more efficient and fan is too uhh silent ? not working fan and with a movie overheats, shuts off

but with 4,1 it lasts longer . i think my dsdt needs work on that.

i need to check readings and document but im so tired (work kid and pc repair is driving me up the wall)

now for temperature control fun!

TY to CharredPC, flames, Hacktrix2006 and all other tidbits that helps DSDT Nirvana.

BTW i think there should be submenu in hardware drivers DSDT with subsections AUDIO, Graphics, Misc Fixes ?? :weight_lift::offtopic:

hard to find dsdt fixes from different timelines and DSDT seem to be very valuable

the way it works for me is flames way but i locate Name (_ADR, 0x00020000 as its not named OVGA

yes, in my old post i didnt spoke about addresses, but about possibly different video devices, because i was not sure if that is a common appearance, and if the addresses are always the same.

now we know, that on laptops with two video devices, they are always on 0x00010000 and 0x00020000. the 0x00020000 is the "real" one where dsdt modifications have to be put in.

also i removed some code to multiselect CRT and any other outputs but left rest eg dvi, tva and others.

no need for edid data on this one 17 inch wide lcd @ 1440x900 but the brighness slider.. doesnt change brightness :( toshiba hotkeys anyone ??

yea, brightness is a challenge. and i didnt found a way to get toshiba FN key to work yet. so i also can not use the bios brightness control

BTW i think there should be submenu in hardware drivers DSDT with subsections AUDIO, Graphics, Misc Fixes ??

hard to find dsdt fixes from different timelines and DSDT seem to be very valuable

agree with that :)

hey guys just got snow leopard running with hazards distro and his gma and framebuffer kexts arent the stock ones their modified. could someone point me to them and also point me in the direction to learn how to find and modify my dsdt to get my gmax3100 working my max res SHOULD be 1650 x 1050 its the 8086 2a02 0003 intel 965 GMAX3100 in the HP Touchsmart IQ504. im able to get it working QE/CI or so it seems... in snow leopard the top bars transparent but its not the blue transparent like in leopard..... also the bottom AND the right part of my screen is all SCREWED im only able to set my resolution to 1344x1008 if i go ANY higher blue screen shows up with artifacts and system is COMPLETELY unresponsive at that point i cant even vnc into the machine to fix the problem i have to reboot back into 1344x1008 when i first applied the kexts i had to vnc into the computer to change it from eithe 640x480 or 800x600 i cnt relli remember but my screen was all screwed up with white vertical and horizontal lines and i couldnt notice any movements of the mouse or any random clicking or buttons pressed being visible only those god damn lines vnc'ing and changing it was able to get it to SOMEWHAT work hence my problem now.... anyone who could help me PLZ DO