ultrasonyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

i am having the same issue. I've applied slashack's method, but my screen
keeps coming up black. after using the -s flag and removing the GMAX3100
kext's the system boots again with a working desktop - in 1024x768 resolution :(

btw, i have extracted the kext files myself from the mentioned update packages.
the rapidshare link doesn't work anymore.

i am not sure why this method helped some users here.

my hardware:
Dell inspiron 1525
Intel GM965 chipset
GMAX3100 graphics chip

any suggestions on how to fix that major problem would be appreciated!

sixpackmac

sixpackmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I know how to make it work if you have the black screen. Wait for everything to completely load, move your mouse as if you are trying to go to the apple in the upper left corner, left click on it then press the down arrow 8 times then hit enter, press the power button and it should show your screen with the correct resolution.

ultrasonyk

ultrasonyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Well, i don't even have a mouse pointer in that black screen and after a while the hdd activity stops completely.

ultrasonyk

ultrasonyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
ok, this was kinda stupid reply of mine. after a few thoughts, i gave it a try...without seeing
the mouse pointer ofcourse ;)

anyway, the laptop goes to sleep indeed, but after waking up the screen keeps beeing black.

any further suggestions on this one?

RobbanColeman

RobbanColeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi everyone.

I can honestly say that I haven't red the entire topic and I'm sorry if this question has come up before.

I have a problem that I think is related to my X3100. Everytime I boot Leopard the background is completely black. I have to open a window and drag over the black for it to go away and show the real background image. Anyone that knows this problem or maybe have som pointers to what to do?

Thnx in advance!

ultrasonyk

ultrasonyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Well my friend, i guess this is the wrong thread for your question. At least you have a window
to drag around, most of us don't :blink:

Try to post your problem with a separate thread in this forum, more people will read it.

michaspoli

michaspoli

Spo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Have Fun
http://forum.insanel...o...1784&st=200

please read , it works - Thank you very much. 3 days of working and reading.

Dell Latitude D530- Leo4all 10.5.2, 10.5.3, 10.5.4,10.5.5

Now QE but Benchmark slower then before without QE. mmmhhh

CooLJoE8

CooLJoE8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok I'm kind of stuck. Dell Inspiron 1520 with GMA X3100. I have iDeneb 10.5.5, which I'm thinking is the problem, and can't get OSx86 to boot to a desktop after install. Basically I can get to the install (using F8 and cpus=2), install the OS to an external USB HDD using various choices (vanilla 9.5.0, stagexnu 9.4.0, x3100 selected, x3100 not selected, etc), but when it boots for the first time it only ever shows the apple loading screen, blue screen, then blank. hooked up an external display and that is blank too (altho its on, as in backlighting is on...LCD display. laptop display is fully off). Even with -x or -f or a combo of those, without telling it to use X3100 drivers, I can't get even a basic non-accelerated desktop to show up. Is this how it is for everyone? I figured I could atleast get basic video working with no X3100 acceleration, considering the install portion of OSX shows up.....kind of like safe mode in Windows, where it uses the base video drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

slashack

slashack

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Ok I'm kind of stuck. Dell Inspiron 1520 with GMA X3100. I have iDeneb 10.5.5, which I'm thinking is the problem, and can't get OSx86 to boot to a desktop after install. Basically I can get to the install (using F8 and cpus=2), install the OS to an external USB HDD using various choices (vanilla 9.5.0, stagexnu 9.4.0, x3100 selected, x3100 not selected, etc), but when it boots for the first time it only ever shows the apple loading screen, blue screen, then blank. hooked up an external display and that is blank too (altho its on, as in backlighting is on...LCD display. laptop display is fully off). Even with -x or -f or a combo of those, without telling it to use X3100 drivers, I can't get even a basic non-accelerated desktop to show up. Is this how it is for everyone? I figured I could atleast get basic video working with no X3100 acceleration, considering the install portion of OSX shows up.....kind of like safe mode in Windows, where it uses the base video drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

boot with -s. Then type
mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegrated*
rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
reboot

This will erase X3100 drivers from hard drive.

ultrasonyk

ultrasonyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

http://forum.insanel...o...1784&st=200

please read , it works - Thank you very much. 3 days of working and reading.

Dell Latitude D530- Leo4all 10.5.2, 10.5.3, 10.5.4,10.5.5

Now QE but Benchmark slower then before without QE. mmmhhh

You are the man. This method finally made it work for me (with using the sleep trick)
hardware:
Dell inspiron 1525, GMAX3100 chip with 1440x900 screen

now i need glasses (getting used to the new resolution) :)

if somebody now could fix that sleep issue, i will pronounce him GOD

slashack

slashack

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

You are the man. This method finally made it work for me (with using the sleep trick)
hardware:
Dell inspiron 1525, GMAX3100 chip with 1440x900 screen

now i need glasses (getting used to the new resolution) :D

if somebody now could fix that sleep issue, i will pronounce him GOD

Ok, this is what it worked for me:
It's from vaag post, but the forum says it's broken original vaag post, so i used google cache.

\begin{vaag post}

After a lot of fiddeling around with different kexts and EFI strings, I finally found a solution for my non-working laptop LCD screen: using an alternative DSDT ("bios override"). Based on the great work by mackerintel and fassl!

Chameleon with DSDT override
http://forum.insanel...howtopic=132757

DSDT Patcher, a tool to fix your DSDT
http://forum.insanel...howtopic=133683

Howto?

1. Install OSX 10.5.4 (haven't tested this with other versions then iAtkos)
2. Remove default display & framebuffer kexts and install A.J.Allen's kexts ( http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=956250 )
3. Connect external monitor and reboot
4. Upon reboot your LCD display will remain black (non-working) and your external monitor will work in full res with QE and CI.
5. Install the latest chameleon ( hxxp://chameleon.osx86.hu/ ) per the instructions in the tar.gz file (1.0.11)
6. Replace /boot with the DSDT override boot (rename chameleon to boot) from mackerintel ( http://forum.insanel...howtopic=132757 ).
7. Reboot your "mac" - you should see the new DSDT Chameleon booter with build date 2008-10-25 23:02:35
8. Everything still working? Ok!

DSDT

9. Grab the DSDT patcher by fassl ( http://forum.insanel...howtopic=133683 ). Version 1.0.1d by the time of writing.
10. Doubleclick the DSDT Patcher file.
11. Open the dsdt_fixed.txt file in the debug folder.
12a. Find all lines containing AGP. Remove them (4)
12b. Remove the entire Device (AGP) declaration (around 214 lines)
12c. Remove the Scope(\_SB.PCI0.AGP) declaration (around 33 lines)
12d. Remove the vid2 declaration (a few lines)
12e. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(TV) dec (24)
12f. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(CRT) dec (24)
12g. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(DVI) dec (24)
13. Compile the new DSDT file using ../Tools/iasl -ta dsdt_fixed.txt
14. Copy the new DSDT file to the filesystem root using sudo cp dsdt.aml /
15. Reboot & enjoy!

Working:
- LCD display
- Resolution switching
- Some Fn-keys (brightness!)

Not (yet) working:
- sleep (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Not tested:
- Reliability...

This is just a first try and perhaps a little hacky, but hey - it's working! I used a Dell D530 but, as fassl suggested, this solution should also work on VAIO's and other laptops. Please try and report your findings in the comments.

\end{vaag post}

CooLJoE8

CooLJoE8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

boot with -s. Then type

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegrated*
rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
reboot

This will erase X3100 drivers from hard drive.

Thanks man, that did the trick!

Now to get sound and proper X3100 working. I love how the ethernet and wlan work right out of the box :)

cowen1000

cowen1000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi guys,
I have a Toshiba Equium p300 - 190, I have tried every method available but cannot get my X3100 working. have tried installing x3100 kexts uning kext helper, I have also installed manually from terminal but when I reboot I only get the generic driver working, it's as iff the kexts for x3100 ain;t activating. I have booted with -f to force as well. I have also tried installing x3100 kexts from iaktos v5i by putting a tick in the x3100 box only and selecting nothing els, I booted with -f but after grey screen with apple logo disappers my screen is all messed up, completely wrong resolution, get loads of scanlines and the image is repeated about 6 times from left to right!
I can boot with -x (safe mode) ok.
Any idea's??

cowen1000

cowen1000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
It looks like how a TV would look if the horizontal hold/ vertical hold wasn't adjusted correctly.
Could it be the refresh rate?? How can I force it to another refresh rate? I can boot ok in safe mode.

zhunterzz

zhunterzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I need help, I have a Sony VGN-NR220E

I have installed the iATKOS v5i and after I install it I can only get into the OS with -x cause if I boot up normally it just goes to the gray loading screen then goes blue and stays there.

When I could get into safe boot with -x I installed Natit.kext and the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and right before that I install switchresX to change my res to 1280x800.

after that I reboot and in normal or safe it goes to the gray loading screen then goes to the blue screen in 1024x768 and then flashes black then adjusts to 1280x800, but stays at the blue screen. what should I do?

Hey slashhack,

That did the trick for me!!!! Finally I got a 100% working Dell Latitude D630!

So sweet. Thanks a lot!

Ty

OMG OMG OMG That worked for me too Slashhack!!!!! my LCD kinda flickers now though, refresh rate?

cowen1000

cowen1000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Finally got it work but only get 1 resolution option 1024x768 in the system preferences/display. How can I change my res higher?

cowen1000

cowen1000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
even switchres x doesn't do anything

ultrasonyk

ultrasonyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Ok, this is what it worked for me:
It's from vaag post, but the forum says it's broken original vaag post, so i used google cache.

\begin{vaag post}

After a lot of fiddeling around with different kexts and EFI strings, I finally found a solution for my non-working laptop LCD screen: using an alternative DSDT ("bios override"). Based on the great work by mackerintel and fassl!

Chameleon with DSDT override
http://forum.insanel...howtopic=132757

DSDT Patcher, a tool to fix your DSDT
http://forum.insanel...howtopic=133683

Howto?

1. Install OSX 10.5.4 (haven't tested this with other versions then iAtkos)
2. Remove default display & framebuffer kexts and install A.J.Allen's kexts ( http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=956250 )
3. Connect external monitor and reboot
4. Upon reboot your LCD display will remain black (non-working) and your external monitor will work in full res with QE and CI.
5. Install the latest chameleon ( hxxp://chameleon.osx86.hu/ ) per the instructions in the tar.gz file (1.0.11)
6. Replace /boot with the DSDT override boot (rename chameleon to boot) from mackerintel ( http://forum.insanel...howtopic=132757 ).
7. Reboot your "mac" - you should see the new DSDT Chameleon booter with build date 2008-10-25 23:02:35
8. Everything still working? Ok!

DSDT

9. Grab the DSDT patcher by fassl ( http://forum.insanel...howtopic=133683 ). Version 1.0.1d by the time of writing.
10. Doubleclick the DSDT Patcher file.
11. Open the dsdt_fixed.txt file in the debug folder.
12a. Find all lines containing AGP. Remove them (4)
12b. Remove the entire Device (AGP) declaration (around 214 lines)
12c. Remove the Scope(\_SB.PCI0.AGP) declaration (around 33 lines)
12d. Remove the vid2 declaration (a few lines)
12e. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(TV) dec (24)
12f. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(CRT) dec (24)
12g. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(DVI) dec (24)
13. Compile the new DSDT file using ../Tools/iasl -ta dsdt_fixed.txt
14. Copy the new DSDT file to the filesystem root using sudo cp dsdt.aml /
15. Reboot & enjoy!

Working:
- LCD display
- Resolution switching
- Some Fn-keys (brightness!)

Not (yet) working:
- sleep (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Not tested:
- Reliability...

This is just a first try and perhaps a little hacky, but hey - it's working! I used a Dell D530 but, as fassl suggested, this solution should also work on VAIO's and other laptops. Please try and report your findings in the comments.

\end{vaag post}

sounds promising. i'll test that in the near future. thanks for that one.

another question/issue:

all input windows (as this one where i am typing right now, or chats where i need to type something,
for example in adium, the font is very blurry and difficult to read. But not everywhere.
When reading for example the forums, the font is clear black and fine.

does anybody have the same issue? or know any fix for that?

i'll attach a screenshot if needed so you can see what mean. let me know..

CooLJoE8

CooLJoE8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well, I decided to try slashack's method mentioned above. I'm stuck at the external monitor part. When I reboot with the external monitor plugged in, the LCD goes blank (as mentioned) and the external monitor shows a picture (as mentioned). The only problem is, the external monitor is showing up as a 2nd display rather than the main/only display, so all my icons and such are off to the left side. I managed to login simply by knowing that the keyboard defaults to the password box, but thats where I'm stuck. I tried booting with -s and doing the "iasl -ta dsdt_fixed.txt" command deal from the Tools folder, but it says command not found. So right now I'm trying the process again, but I'm going to precompile the dsdt.aml file ahead of time, and then boot using -s and copying it to the root. hopefully that works.

CooLJoE8

CooLJoE8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok, so I tried that and got stuck not being able to copy the dsdt.aml file to the root. Managed to get around that finally (mount -uw /), but when I boot I still don't get anything on the LCD and the external just shows a broken up/funky version of the "working" color wheel. Time to go back to standard VGA I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy